Constrictor for Wet 'n' Wild

ads086

Mammoth falls now has probably the highest capacity of any ride on the Gold Coast. In the summer it's queue still can reach the bottom of the stairs. The double open slides in summer are still popular, and as much as a dark Mammoth would be awesome, I just don't think it's worth the hassle.

Edited by joz

Mammoth falls now has probably the highest capacity of any ride on the Gold Coast. In the summer it's queue still can reach the bottom of the stairs. The double open slides in summer are still popular, and as much as a dark Mammoth would be awesome, I just don't think it's worth the hassle.

I understand that its popular in the summer, but in the winter when waits for the black hole can still reach 5 minutes with 10 people ahead of you we've never even had the chance to go on the mammoth falls with more than 3 people ahead of us during winter for at least 2 years.

Why judge a ride based around its popularity in winter :S And the boats in Mammoth falls can take 6 people, versus 2 on Black hole. Thats why it never gets a queue.

I'm specifically referring to the cost of running it in winter. Last visit 2 weeks ago on our way up we didn't see rafts with any more than 3 people on it.

New post on Wet n Wild's page: "A trio of corkscrew turns...." Looking on Wild Water West's website, this appears to fit the description. Header_Fam-Rattler.jpg Or maybe a Proslide Tantrum Alley? TantrumALLEY-ParaOcean_5558-800x600.jpg However these both fall short of the 366m statistic.

Edited by alex_1

Constrictor2.jpg ^A "trio of corkscrew turns" indeed!

Damn, that's the slide I had pictured in my head when I heard the description. I just wasn't sure where I'd seen it. But I agree that's almost definitely the type of slide it'll be, especially as the slide in the picture is located at Wet n' Wild Phoenix - also owned by Village Roadshow. Edited by alex_1

^^ I posted earlier in the thread but no one seemed to read it

Pretty obvious where it's going but driving past today i noticed what looks like construction in it's early stages immediately behind the old terror canyon drop zone with alot of dirt which i'm pretty sure wasn't there before

Since then i have driven past and despite swerving all over the highway i saw the TC drop zone has been removed along with the old ride tubes and there was machinery roaming around that area.. Something is definitely happening there and the ride pictured above seems like a close guess, seeing its at WNW Phoenix and fits the description.. can't wait to ride it if so! Edited by buzzkill13

Constrictor2.jpg ^A "trio of corkscrew turns" indeed!

Just in case there was any doubt this wasn't the ride, i can 100% confirm it is the ride. There's a cropped pic of this ride with 2 people on a green tube with the same color slide (red and yellow) on a full page advertisement in the Sunday Mail outlining the new rides across VWTP (justice league, ice age 4d, dinosaur island and the new w&w ride).

^Indeed, with Bermudas demolition, the Justice League Ride, and now this they've been going all out this year. All we need now is a replacement for the Looney Tunes River ride and that would addres most peoples concerns.

Hehehe dont forget the SBNO Seaworld railway.......but yes the response from VRTP to their detractors ( including me!!) has been fantastic!! Roll on 2013!! :P

Wait, so this an advertisement by VRTP, or an article by Sunday Mail? Because if its an article, I'm taking it with a grain of salt. This is owned by the same company that brought us the info that Green Lantern would be a stand-up. ;)

Full page advertisement paid by VRTP

I think its great Wet n Wild is getting something new but i cant quite figure out what good a constrictor will do....

Shorter lines on the good rides. I have to agree though, seems kind of lame when you look at what they've got planned for the other 2 Warner parks, a BM replacement and an Australia-first Astro Blaster (do these have an official name?) ride. Would have had more impact if they'd released a constrictor instead of the aqualoop and announced the aqualoop now.