Constrictor for Wet 'n' Wild

ads086

THEME-park buffs are giddy with excitement as Wet'n'Wild prepares to unveil the country's first corkscrew waterslide in a matter of months.The Constrictor, a spiralling red and yellow tube resembling a snake, will send riders on a 166m ride at 30km/ph.Park management says the slide features the highest and tightest banks in the world, where the rider goes up the side of the slide on tubes.There has been plenty of buzz surrounding the new attraction over the past month with construction of the large structure at the Helensvale park visible from the M1. The 18m-tall slide is being built at the back of the park next to Whitewater Mountain.Online forums had suggested the snake-like slide may be named after a native Australian reptile, but a Village Roadshow Theme Parks spokeswoman confirmed it would be called The Constrictor.She said it was the first of three new attractions to open at the group's theme parks this year."We will also this Spring be opening a Justice League 3D laser ride at Movie World and a new ride at Sea World, which is still under wraps," she said."The Constrictor is the first of its kind in Australia and is almost identical to the same slide in an American Wet'n'Wild park."The ride can seat up to three people in one tube and is a semi-dark slide."We are excited to be bringing the three new rides on line -- it's going to be a big year."A new mystery ride planned for Sea World will replace its Bermuda Triangle attraction, which has been out of action for the past two years.The defunct ride is bing demolished and talk on social media suggests it will be replaced by a storm-themed water coaster.The new ride will be open to the public in the summer holidays. You can see concept photo at http://www.goldcoast...heme-parks.html

Edited by skeetafly

So the news article links to an On-Ride at WnWP. let me first start off by saying i'm glad we're seeing a new slide in the park. Aqualoop has been around for two seasons now, the 'Aqua Drop' didn't last, so i'm glad they're moving on, replacing a long SBNO slide. That said, the ride looks half the length of terror canyon, and nowhere near as exciting. I think most of the effect you get on that ride is because the alternating colours are twisted throughout the ride, so it looks a little like you're going crazy, when in actual fact it looks a little more sedate on the video. So I got the ride model right (thanks to a 'well educated guess'), and whilst i didn't make a statement, I questioned whether they would stick with the generic name - and it seems they are. Any news on whether there will be one, or two of these? a 3 person slide is obviously great capacity, but when you look back on terror canyon - was that a 2 person slide? (times two slides = 4people?) hopefully the system is more efficient to allow for many pph... time will tell. They probably aren't putting in two if phoenix only has one, but when you look at the little rippers - it works well with two running at a time...

Say hello to the CONSTRICTOR.... Where you will speed down an enclosed flume and into a trio of corkscrew turns, snaking back and forth in the series of spirals while slithering down its insides on the only 3 person raft in Oz! 579937_10151178420006081_69374058_n.jpg Soooo..It says the only 3 person Raft in oz. Does this mean its not in tubes? Because doesn't sidewinders have 3 aswell?

Edited by xRazzBerryx

Only thing I have in mind is that some of the Whitewater West Raft slides (Like the ones at Aquatica) have smaller circular ones that hold 3 or 4 rather than the 6 Mammoth Falls holds .But that might mean we're getting the Family Constrictor http://www.whitewate...onstrictor.html

Available in single and double inner-tubes or family raft version, allowing riders to ‘go it alone’ or share the ride experience

And: Family Constrictor
  • [*]Typical Height: 52 ft (16 m) [*]Typical Length: 450 ft (137 m) [*]Typical Width: Varies 7-10 ft (2-3 m) [*]Capacity Per Hour: 720 riders [*]Speed: 26 ft/s (8 m/s) [*]Flow Rate: 139 l/s (2200 USgpm) [*]Vehicle: 3 person family raft
    • [*]Typical Height: 43 ft (13 m) [*]Typical Length: 478 ft (146 m) [*]Typical Width: Varies 5-7 ft (1-2 m) [*]Capacity Per Hour: 480 riders [*]Speed: 26 ft/s (8 m/s) [*]Flow Rate: 139 l/s (2200 USgpm) [*]Vehicle: 1 or 2 person inner-tube
Edited by Gazza

But what do you mean by "it's a good bet"...A bet on what? That it will be called "Carpet Python"? OK look, time for a couple of home truths on Parkz from recent times. -No matter how much you like Zoomerang, it wont be going to Luna Park Melbourne. -No matter how much you like Australian animals, the slide is confirmed to be called "Constrictor" and not an Australian species.

Edited by Gazza

Only thing I have in mind is that some of the Whitewater West Raft slides (Like the ones at Aquatica) have smaller circular ones that hold 3 or 4 rather than the 6 Mammoth Falls holds .But that might mean we're getting the Family Constrictor http://www.whitewate...onstrictor.html And: Family Constrictor

• [*]Typical Height: 52 ft (16 m) [*]Typical Length: 450 ft (137 m) [*]Typical Width: Varies 7-10 ft (2-3 m) [*]Capacity Per Hour: 720 riders [*]Speed: 26 ft/s (8 m/s) [*]Flow Rate: 139 l/s (2200 USgpm) [*]Vehicle: 3 person family raft
    • [*]Typical Height: 43 ft (13 m) [*]Typical Length: 478 ft (146 m) [*]Typical Width: Varies 5-7 ft (1-2 m) [*]Capacity Per Hour: 480 riders [*]Speed: 26 ft/s (8 m/s) [*]Flow Rate: 139 l/s (2200 USgpm) [*]Vehicle: 1 or 2 person inner-tube
Plus there seems to be a quote from Tim Fisher - CEO of Warner Village on that Family Constrictor page