Sea World Storm Coaster construction 2013

alex_1

Here's a video I made. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d2WCxdJXDI It looks like it may be an outdoor rollercoaster opeing around September 2013 and another ride "Wild" opening in 2014 may go inside the old show building which currently is flooded...

Gary86: Thanks for the video! That was great. Feel free to make more contributions like this!

I don't know if this is just me expecting to see this but it looks as if there is some river kind of thing being dug inside the building. It is not like the original path of the ride. I don't have any pictures of it at the moment but I will try to get some in the next week. Could this have something to do with the new Wild ride? Also, looking closely at the Wild poster we may be expecting the new ride to have something to do with Gorillas but there are more animals in the back ground. And it looks like hippos are there. So maybe it is the hippo attraction but at a larger scale?

There simply is not enough information to go on at the moment to say either way- it could be a ride, an exhibit, a new 4d attraction a themed walkthrough.....all I know is that I think its very clever of Seaworld to release this teaser so early. Our speculation from this early on will build the buzz for what ever is finally going to appear in 2014. All from one image. Great marketing I say!!

As great as The Flying Dutchmen looks, it should really have a bit more of the coaster section. I watched a POV last night without sound, so i don't know what the story's like or anything and skipped straight to the lift hill in increments. But that small path doesn't really give much to the legend........ I feel that ours should be a mixture of FD-the dark ride side, and Posideion- the coaster side. That will even out both sides, and you can even do in between story parts, like the Italian Job coaster in Canada.

^ Was open today, and very quiet as to be expected (Although out of the few hundred who did show up, three quarters of them didn't want to get wet by the rain, go figure). The 'left' side of the park (Aqualoop, Aqua 8 Racer, Constrictor and Whitewater Mountain) did not open all day, Calypso opened at 12 and the right side of the park operated as per normal with some rotations between rides sharing the same tower (mainly Mach 5).

• 3 weeks later...

So I went to Seaworld today and took a few photos. The first 2 are quite possibly colums for the new ride. I could be wrong so someone correct me if I am. These photos were taken in the carpark and they are the only 2 containers onsite at the moment. post-1470-0-35390000-1360967820_thumb.jppost-1470-0-48154300-1360967927_thumb.jp It looks like they are spending a little money on refurbs too. post-1470-0-39427800-1360967982_thumb.jp This photo is of the reclaiming going on at the lake. All this sand is being dug up from the old Bermuda building where there still seems to be a lot of earth works going on. post-1470-0-55873600-1360968101_thumb.jp On another note, Seal Harbour looks good but it doesn't seem to be drawing large crowds.