Sea World Storm Coaster construction 2013

alex_1

I hope we can see an official POV of this from testing or even from a media day.

None of the Big 3 parks have any elaborate ride videos on YouTube. Superman had its edited video that showed parts of a POV, that is closest we've seen to an elaborate ride experience video. Why don't they put up full length official videos like other parks in the world, instead of making us watch the unofficial videos with people that sneak their phones onto the rides?

Perhaps they believe showing the ride affects the overall experience, and it does, to a point. But I, for one, wouldn't mind seeing the ride before I ride it myself.

Edited by AllegroCrab

I hope we can see an official POV of this from testing or even from a media day.

None of the Big 3 parks have any elaborate ride videos on YouTube. Superman had its edited video that showed parts of a POV, that is closest we've seen to an elaborate ride experience video. Why don't they put up full length official videos like other parks in the world, instead of making us watch the unofficial videos with people that sneak their phones onto the rides?

Perhaps they believe showing the ride affects the overall experience, and it does, to a point. But I, for one, wouldn't mind seeing the ride before I ride it myself.

Theme Park Review have some great povs of most of the roller coasters in Australia. They even got video on Scooby Doo with the lights on. EDIT: Slick beat me to it :rolleyes:

Edited by downunder191

Here's another one for you...

The educational aspect has been obvious from the beginning. It will include information about the regional cyclonic activity. The story is a shipping vessel has been caught out at sea in a storm, and you are the coast guard rescue team... That is all. It's NOT about animals.... So get over it. It is STILL EDUCATIONAL. It will include information about cyclones and storms and the dangers of getting caught unprepared.

Edited by colliric_855

Theme Park Review have some great povs of most of the roller coasters in Australia. They even got video on Scooby Doo with the lights on. EDIT: Slick beat me to it :rolleyes:

I probably shouldn't have raved on about there not being any POVs, of course there are, I've seen them all at least twice. :)

I was thinking of official POVs on their own YouTube channel or website, like Cedar Point's YouTube channel. What I've found on the Big3ThemeParks channel are videos about the "bubblegum besties" from camp orange and 20-30 second advertisement clips of the rides. I don't think it would be a bad idea to post a full length POV close before or after the ride's opening, so that we don't have to wait for someone like TPR to come through and do it for us.

Just to back up RWC's assumptions - we have all seen the pictures of the boats that are supposedly intended for use on Storm - and they are themed as coast guard. Although CG may assist in animal rescues, their primary function is maritime safety and navigation of waters, so i'm inclined to agree that it won't be an animal rescue.

I don't necessarily agree that it will be 'educational' but the story will revolve around those lines. I don't think the message will be polluting our waters with containers is bad, more just that the story is a container ship struck by storm lost it's load and has to be rescued.

We already have our animal rescue and research story with Jet Rescue... mirroring that theme on an attraction next door doesn't really appear to be a smart move. So long as it's themed to the 'Sea' its an appropriate fit for 'sea' world.