Sea World Storm Coaster construction 2013

alex_1

Is there an extended themed section? Or does the ride go straight from the station to the lift hill?

We don't want a theming cataclysm like Journey to Atlantis at SW San Diego. I trust they can do a more elaborate and complete job than that disaster.

Having just returned from a trip to the USA, I feel compelled to respond... Sure - the theming on JTA is sparse, but given the attraction I feel like it is a simple theme that is done extremely well. I don't think i'd call it a disaster - and to put on the hat of a 'non-enthusiast' (i travelled with two), it was a nicely themed job. very pretty, nice little touches - such as video screens in the 'scooby' type lift to simulate being underwater. Sure - it's no Disney attraction but I feel it was nicely, if simply done. The coaster section COULD have used a little more to it, but that was more about the thrill (and drying off) than it was theme, with a second nice little splashdown at the end just to get you wet all over again.

The 'bystander operated' water cannons was also good, although I don't think i'd pay for the privilege.

If we get a similar level of theming (i'd expect a 'little more' given the indoor nature of the stationhouse) i'd be extremely happy with this as an experience.... and I wouldn't call that a disaster either... take a look at Jet Rescue for example - simple, plausible theme - not immersive, but carried very well on a relatively low-end budget consisting mostly of landscaping... and nobody called that a disaster.

umm real fire? hope so.

a Gas Explosion.... A jet of lit gas at a safe distance from the boat, but close enough so the riders feel the heat. Or two smaller jets shooting across the trench in front of the boat, before it leaves the dark part and gets to the lift hill. Sounds like the dark section might be a bit like Superman... Is there similar space? Edited by colliric_855

Thrill Zone just posted that Storm will be opening later in the year, closer to summer. In September, the Polar Shores expansion will be opening instead. Hopefully this means theming will be top notch :)

*edit: should've checked the other thread first, seems this is old news

Edited by JacobSibbald

...letting it sit around for 4.5 months then doing a rush job for theming at the end of it :P But lets hope not

That's probably more than likely the case, I'm sure they could pull it off for the September holidays, but are choosing not to and are instead spreading out their "new" attractions. The baby polar bear was an unexpected draw card that they will choose to capitalise on heavily, they will market the cub for the September school Holidays and leave the storm coaster as the big new summer attraction.