Sea World Storm Coaster construction 2013

alex_1

For those interested, here's a real life version of the standard layout once proposed for the front of SW, again with some theming that looks nice, but doesn' attempt to tell and incoherent story: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrKOE6ZWt6U

Thanks for that link Gazza. Going off Sea World's schematic of the planned 'car park' water coaster, I was thinking it didn't look too exciting or long for that matter. Good to see an actual POV of the same layout - it's actually a lot better than I was expecting. The final drop is neat with the little camel hump just before splashdown. Just seems to add that bit extra. I agree that the ride could work as open-air only so long as there is decent theming. Some audio and animatronics, as seen in Gazza's video, would be nice. I'd still prefer it if there were proper dark ride sections to this ride but if they do a good job of the open-air themed sections then I could live with that

See of those two POVs I'd prefer the second because at least it's just a nicely themed ride. Surely no one can tell me that have ANY idea what was going on with the Atlantis ride? It makes no sense at all.

Sure, the storyline may be a bit tricky if you don't pay attention, but the theming is still top notch (except for the corrugated iron on the drop). If our Sea World did something half as well themed I'd be happy.

Another Atlantis..the cheaper version.....from Sea World San Antonio. http://youtu.be/tSB_UzR5aVk

That's the Mack Supersplash. I'm reluctant to even call them coasters. I hope Seaworld gets a full sized water coaster and not one of these Supersplashes.

I agree with the posts above, I think an educational theme would give rider the wrong opinion about the ride. Sure it may be a coaster but who would want to learn stuff on one. A rescue mission gone wrong could work for me as you can build up a storyline and have it crashing down (the coaster section) and maybe pass through the eye of the storm before the final drop (going through the last part of the storm before clear waters) I am excited to see what SeaWorld have chosen to do :)

I think an educational theme would give rider the wrong opinion about the ride. Sure it may be a coaster but who would want to learn stuff on one.

I reckon! Who would wanna learn shit!! What a waste of time! I heard DW is building a giga-coaster but the queue is gonna be filled with info about tiger conservation - f**k that! Im boycotting! Who's with me??

no fucken way... Jet Rescue's theme and story is awesome!!! I totally agree with Dreamworld if they do that(after all TOT also has an "educational pre-ride").

swoooosshh goes the air as it passes over your head.... oh...and what part of the TOT queue is educational?? the exposed wires? or the fake turbine? or the "i waz ere" etched into every available spot on the wall Edited by Brad2912

By that I ment something like Jet Rescue or even the pre-ride of Tower Of Terror(where you see a video full of "weird but true" trivia involving "thrillseeker topics")... not something "boring" no fucken way... Jet Rescue's theme and story is awesome!!! I totally agree with Dreamworld if they do that(after all TOT also has an "educational pre-ride").

lol you obviously missed the sarcasm.

In reality, it's an awful attraction. The simulator is terrible (crap movie, poor movement synchronisation), and the actual polar bear exhibit is concrete, made to look like snow....The polar bears at SW have a much nicer home IMO. The arctic base theming in the trafficable areas was about all it had going for it.

I like the idea of it going through the old building and then coming up into a coaster part. It could go through the current layout but instead of the final lift hill there would be a lift hill. You would then do a scooby style backwards part, turn around and do a it of coastering and then come into the final splashdown.

That version of Atlantis at Sea World San Antonio is hideous!! I'd never seen it before now. The ride just doesn't work. There is no rhythm or pacing. Just these long awkward moments where the turntable is turning and you are forced to watch the ride attendants who are stationed up there (one attendant per turntable - not a very economical ride!). And don't get me started on that ANNOYING recording that keeps repeating over the loudspeakers "LET ME HEAR YOU SCREAAAAM!". Let's hope Sea World Gold Coast gets the decent version of this ride... as I'm sure they will

That version of Atlantis at Sea World San Antonio is hideous!! I'd never seen it before now. The ride just doesn't work. There is no rhythm or pacing. Just these long awkward moments where the turntable is turning and you are forced to watch the ride attendants who are stationed up there (one attendant per turntable - not a very economical ride!). And don't get me started on that ANNOYING recording that keeps repeating over the loudspeakers "LET ME HEAR YOU SCREAAAAM!". Let's hope Sea World Gold Coast gets the decent version of this ride... as I'm sure they will

Would you like it better if it was Ozzy?