Sea World Storm Coaster construction 2013

alex_1

Posted on Sea World's Facebook page, in the comments they also say that it'll be replacing Bermuda Triangle! Yay! Link: photo.php 602511_10151961046490582_368442369_n.jpg Obviously we all know that it's almost definitely a Water Coaster due to the statement released by Mack Rides, but it's great to see it confirmed!

FANTASTIC!! I'm impressed by this on so many levels: 1. The fact that Village have been amping up the capex and adding so many great new rides, without the usual multi-year gaps between attractions 2. The 'storm' theme is a good one and I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with it (plus very excited about possible watercoaster) 3. The fact that they are already starting to promote the attraction so far in advance and not waiting till the last second

Application Number: BLD201204743 Description: DEMOLISH BERMUDA TRIANGLE RIDE & BUILDING INTERIOR Code: BUILDING Class: DEMOLITION Work: DEMOLISH Lodged: 18/06/2012 Decision: APPROVED (14/06/2012) Completion Date for Removal: 14/12/2012 This sounds exciting. http://pdonline.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/masterview/modules/applicationmaster/default.aspx?page=wrapper&key=181824

Application Number: BLD201204743 Description: DEMOLISH BERMUDA TRIANGLE RIDE & BUILDING INTERIOR Code: BUILDING Class: DEMOLITION Work: DEMOLISH Lodged: 18/06/2012 Decision: APPROVED (14/06/2012) Completion Date for Removal: 14/12/2012 This sounds exciting. http://pdonline.gold...pper&key=181824

Why is a Demolition approval exciting.

they probably took some of the anamatronic UFO stuff down to Movie World to be reconditioned and used in Justice League

Just on that, does anyone else reckon the missiles on the "Bad Guys" float from the JL parade look like the ones that used to be in Bermuda in the scene where the aliens are dissasembling the aircraft?

If they are putting in a water coaster does this not in some way render the Viking revenge flume ride somewhat redundant? Could it be possible that they will remove this ride also to make way for the watercoaster. I could imagine the foot print for the watercoaster will be quite big,

With an announcement this far out, I'd wager it'll be open in January....

If you look at this post it states that the completion of demolition will be the 14th of December. Maybe a september opening.

Application Number: BLD201204743 Description: DEMOLISH BERMUDA TRIANGLE RIDE & BUILDING INTERIOR Code: BUILDING Class: DEMOLITION Work: DEMOLISH Lodged: 18/06/2012 Decision: APPROVED (14/06/2012) Completion Date for Removal: 14/12/2012 This sounds exciting. http://pdonline.gold...pper&key=181824

I can assure you we defiantly won't be seeing it till late next year, September if your lucky! You've got to think if demolition isn't to be completed until Dec 14th, Construction most likely wont pick up again until after the christmas break January. Footers will be the first visible sign and with a bit of a construction background myself, they (footers) will need to rest for a certain period of time, especially out on the spit with its water table and the fact that dig 4 metres deep and you hit sand!!! Construction then would have to continue with most of the structure going in place. Plus will part of it be indoors? the demolition report does say that the demolition at this point in time only consists of demolition of the ride and the building interior, food for thought? Plus the park will need to then do what it has to do operation wise to get such an attraction ready, commissioning ect. I reckon it will be a great addition for the park and is most certainly needed. I did hear a rumour running around through a few friends of mine that there could be some more additions and enhancements happing at the park before we see this major attraction open!

If you look at this post it states that the completion of demolition will be the 14th of December. Maybe a september opening.

Actually it doesn't say that at all. What it does clearly show is that there is a 6 month approval for demolition works to take place at the location. Demolition needs to be completed by 14/12/12. Given entire buildings can be gutted and demolished within a few months, i dont think Bermuda will take anywhere near that long. You will find that all building/demolition approvals are for a set time frame, be it 6/12/24 months depending on the project. It is quite feasible that demo could be completed by September/October, giving a 6 month lead in time for construction of a new ride for a Easter opening 2013.

I am a bit sorry to see Bermuda triangle go as I love dark rides. However as has been pointed out, there is still a very similar ride at Movie World, so not the end of the world. I look forward to seeing this new ride and it's certainly better than them just leaving Bermuda triangle sitting dormant (pun intended) forever. If anyone's interested, I made a copy of Sea World on rollercoaster tycoon 3 (complete with all rides as it was a couple of years ago, and a Sea world resort too). It includes a version of Bermuda Triangle and I made a video of it which you can see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gahow8zNyk. I'll be honest, the first few minutes are a bit boring in this video, and I have actually spent a lot of time improving the ride since then, but I haven't as yet made an updated video. Anyway this will give you an idea of what it's like and if anyone wants me to make a video of the improved version, please let me know. If you have RCT3 and would like to download the park itself, you can get it from here (search for sea world on the link provided and you'll need to have the "Wild" and "Soaked" add-ons).

Edited by pushbutton