Sea World Storm Coaster construction 2013

alex_1

Well the article suggests Sea World will have a new atteaction in Spring. If that's true you'd have to think that it would be the other attraction where the pirate ship used to be, not the water coaster.

Ohh now I read it again it does say one that is opening in spring? Unless they have stuffed the article -.-

Summer could mean as late as the 28th of February..... So unless they say it will be open in December for the summer season, I wouldn't exactly be terribly excited. Late-Jan or February would be realistic to me.

Thanks for the lesson on climate - i'm well aware of when summer is. GCB usually have massive holes in their reporting, so it is probably not correct anyway, but name me a time when a major attraction has opened in late January or February??? All major openings occur during school holidays, so if it is isn't late december/new years it wont be til the Easter school holidays. Given it's a water coaster though, i'm assuming they will push for Late Dec/Early Jan to maximise summer crowds

I personally would like rides to open before holidays because 1. People who go to theme parks regularly could ride it before the big crowds get in and 2. because new rides seem to have faults or some sought of issue when they open (TOT2 had this and im pretty sure green lantern had a few issues?).

Maybe we could be getting a flat ride to replace the Pirate Ship?? That would then take the ride count back up pre BT closing and the ship closing. (Minus Castaway and the kids ride missing in the kiddie are) the park does seem to really be investing into returning it back to top shape! If it is a ride or flat ride I'm hoping for an S&S Screamin' Swing, VRTL seem to be doing some work with S&S lately! Though if it's for the water coaster, that would be awesome and would point towards a fairly good ride time! My guess is the water coaster would open sometime before the Spring next year to capitalise on the warm period, I don't see a water ride going in towards the cooler period and I don't think there would be enough time to get it done by Summer. But hey, I'm only speculating so who knows!!