Sea World Storm Coaster construction 2013

alex_1

I know that elaborate attractions take a while to put together, but thats 6 months away... I can't find the DA details on GCCC website - is there a from\to date on the approval?

http://pdonline.gold...pper&key=185151 (you'll need to click on the link, click accept and then click on this link again). Basically it says the lapse/completion date is October 16, 2014. I personally expect a September 2013 opening for the water coaster.

September 2013 is a likely opening date, but frankly one i'm doubtful of. We've seen coasters go up quicker than that, so unless they're putting construction on hold over christmas (which is possible) I'd think we'd see it for Easter.... They commenced demolition works in september october - for it to take a year before it was up and running just seems a little long... Do we know any dates of previous water coasters as far as construction time?

I was actually talking about the roller coaster. But overall I was joking I just wanted to see how people would react...

Don't be one of those people where you're wrong then have to try and say "har har har it was just a joke" Just admit, that was your opinion which is fine, but it's just not likely to be correct

The most recent Journey to Atlantis took 11 months from site preparation.

Ok, but they've been doing site prep for about 3 months now... that would suggest what - June? Unlikely, but not an impossibility.

But did it have existing buildings?

The show building isn't going to save them that much time overall. Money yes - time, no.

Would make such more sense for a Sept opening. Opening a water coaster as we go into winter?? Not much sense in that

Gives them time for...... "Technical Rehearsals" that last 4 months...

BUT I ACTUALLY WAS!

Sure you were. (Did anybody read that post and think "But its a TALKING DOG!" ? Because I did. And I lol'd.

When i was at Sea World this week i got the following information out of 2 different staff members: Opening end of 2013 New watercoaster requires the lift hill for Vikings Revenge up into the castle to be moved, so Vikings will change a bit They were piling and had a massive auger bit there doing the work. Jet Rescue, Vikings, and the Skyway were closed due to the close proximity of the auger bit (its rather large...), but Jet opened about 2pm. Couldn't get any more info out of them.

Just looking at Theme Park Review at IAAPA and they have pictures of Sea World Orlando, and how they are bring out a ride/attraction based on Antarctica. Do you think Sea World Gold Coast will be doing the same with the water coaster, about having it themed to Antartica and have like a Big Storm that hit the area and you're on the boat on a resue to save the animals in Antartica? Seems Legit? ha post-2699-0-03029100-1352854591_thumb.jp

Edited by Randy23

Just looking at Theme Park Review at IAAPA and they have pictures of Sea World Orlando, and how they are bring out a ride/attraction based on Antarctica. Do you think Sea World Gold Coast will be doing the same with the water coaster, about having it themed to Antartica and have like a Big Storm that hit the area and you're on the boat on a resue to save the animals in Antartica? Seems Legit? ha post-2699-0-03029100-1352854591_thumb.jp

Pretty sure Antarctica doesn't get those types of storms their talking about....

Hope they build a new building for the coaster so it's enclosed. Maybe that'll push the date to September. I'd rather wait a few more months for a well themed ride.

From the looks of it though, it seems it is just the volcanos that are being demolished. I would be surprised if they removed the show building entirely (remember the permit from a couple of months ago suggesting the interior would be demolished but not necessarily the whole building?).