Sea World Storm Coaster construction 2013

alex_1

Do they have any other large space in the park?

Not really...it's a bit of a mystery as to what this is really pertaining to..... We can all speculate to the cows come home but really we don't have a clue!! It's actually fairly clever marketing in the way it's been done- drip feeding very small amounts of info without letting the cat out of the bag, and so far out from its projected opening date. Does anyone think that it could relate to the water coaster somehow?? Maybe the indoor section? Food for thought!

but they've only just refurbed the track and replaced the train a year or so ago, and had no end of trouble with it. Trust me - management decided they wanted to keep that coaster, rather than replace it... and that's what they're going to do. Has anyone checked GCCC DA approvals?

Storm Rider is the name of a simulator at Tokyo Disneysea and it follows a similar idea, so the ride could be named Storm Rider. And Storm Chaser could be suitable. You could be chasing a storm until it unexpectedly intensifies and/or changes route, getting you caught in it with disastrous results.

15598_379086558851134_727074928_n.jpg thanks to trill zone internationals facebook page

I was gonna post this too, for some reason it looks like the coaster won't utilise the indoor section, however, their marketing on these two attractions is very clever. this is very exciting, also note the Spring 2012 opening, September Holidays? Edited by JacobSibbald

As far as a name goes and as per the latest Artwork out front of the site, I actually prefer "The Storm" - simple and punchy. Something the other titles on offer are lacking A Spring 2013 opening (September Holidays) sounds like a very promising amount of time given slabs have already been laid for many of the footers.. This is more time than VRTP's have allowed for an attraction construction since Bermuda and prior, Batman Adventure. Such a lengthy construction time frame would certainly suggest "Show" elements will be a big part of the new ride. The main framework of the Watercoaster could be knocked up well and truly by Autumn giving plenty of time to tweak everything else. I think the assumption that the other big attraction (for 2014) will occupy the original Bermuda Showstage has come from the placement of the sign, which suggests "This will be the site of SW's next TWO major attractions" - I'm in agreeance that some sort of more leisurely indoor water ride will go in there but perhaps partially share the show with The Storm? Perhaps too this building is being extended?? Very exciting stuff either way!!!

Edited by MickeyD

How do you know that?

Ok then, if the poster is a reliable source of what features this ride will/wont have, then I assume everyone is looking forward to the part where the track dives steeply underwater, next to a trawler. And that a giant 30m high wave will engulf the trackwork at regular intervals, as also illustrated in the poster.

Ok then, if the poster is a reliable source of what features this ride will/wont have, then I assume everyone is looking forward to the part where the track dives steeply underwater, next to a trawler. And that a giant 30m high wave will engulf the trackwork at regular intervals, as also illustrated in the poster.

- Now we just need a ridiculously high budget to pull that off!! oh well, Dreams are free ;)

I'm betting if it's there and is a river ride, they will piggyback the artificial water current from Storm, as occurred with River Rapids at Dreamworld.

Using the same current generator( the Log ride and River Rapids do at Dreamworld)?

I'm confused? Thunder River and the Log Ride have separate pumping systems.Thunder River: http://goo.gl/maps/8GEPk(Top of the conveyor, you can see the water bubbling out in two big circles either side)Log Ride: http://goo.gl/maps/jHoF2(Shed under bottom of final drop) Edited by Gazza

Thinking about it, I think this new wild ride will be the big family attraction like Justice League was. And this new storm ride will be the Thrill attraction that Green Lantern was. And possibly a LTRR replacement will be the minor attraction like AA was. Just my thoughts.

Interesting how do you come to the conclusion that the LTRR show building will be used only for a future minor attraction? Personally I could not DISAGREE more! The show building already has the necessary infrastructure to house a big new ride with power, generators, exhaust fans, air conditioning, pumps etc already there - not to mention a gigantic space that could easily accommodate a rollercoaster or new water ride without having to change much else to the outer structure. Putting a minor attraction inside this building would be a total waste of land resources, which we all know with MW has little of right now. I believe The LTRR will remain dormant for some time yet to come, perhaps with a major new family thrill ride going in some time in 2014..

I'm confused? Thunder River and the Log Ride have separate pumping systems. Thunder River: http://goo.gl/maps/8GEPk (Top of the conveyor, you can see the water bubbling out in two big circles either side) Log Ride: http://goo.gl/maps/jHoF2 (Shed under bottom of final drop)

perhaps the confusion comes from the water quality from either of these rides being equally disgusting! (no that's not brown colouring in there!)

I'm confused? Thunder River and the Log Ride have separate pumping systems.Thunder River: http://goo.gl/maps/8GEPk(Top of the conveyor, you can see the water bubbling out in two big circles either side)Log Ride: http://goo.gl/maps/jHoF2(Shed under bottom of final drop)

Don't be confused Gazza. It is really true. Mack are refurbishing both rides so that they use the ONE pumping system, even though both rides are a significant distance from each other. You have to trust me on this. Its completely true. I cannot remember my exact source but I think it was my cousin's best friend's girlfriends sister's boyfriend who told me on Facebook. I also saw a sign on Thunder Rapids that pointed towards Log Ride that said" Water this way." So you see its completely kosher...I KNOW!! I do not make things up!! My sources are impeccable!! Completely reliable!! Besides..I will never admit I am wrong....I am completely sure of my own guesswork!! and so should you!!! Whatever you do...don't listen to the Dippin Dots guy..he has not got a clue!!!! ;) Edited by Jobe

Plus, a couple of other fairly obvious things that would prevent most regular people from thinking up that idea in the first place. -Can see the pumping equipment from guest view, and in particular you can see the pumping system for Thunder River from the Giant Drop. -They use separate systems, or else both would have to close for annual maintenance at the same time/ if one ride stopped flowing the other would too (Who remembers that period a year or so ago when Thunder River closed unexpectedly so the Log Ride was the only one operating) -Differing flow rates for each attraction. -Physical inefficiency/ impossibility of having two separate loops of water a a fair distance apart running off the one pump. -Etc

Edited by Gazza