Sea World Storm Coaster construction 2013

alex_1

Not to mention the log ride was an original when the park opened, with gold rush not opening till almost a decade later. Gazza ur spot on. DW have never been so sophisticated as to magically devise an elaborate pump station that successfully distributes filthy water hundreds of metres at ridiculously opposing speed flows from one poorly executed ride to another. The only thing thats really changed in the area structurally (since opening) is the mine ride. It opened with a VERY wild single file 2 seater car that was later rebuilt after facing countless design, capacity and comfort issues, finally being recalibrated into the wonderful display that it has become today

Edited by MickeyD

Don't believe everything you read on Wikipedia. For starters the reservoir/catchment that the Rapids Ride runs along wasn't built until years after Rocky Hollow opened. Just so we're clear on this: The catchment for the rapids ride is in the middle of the rapids ride, the catchment for the Log Ride is underneath the last part of the ride. Bugger me, are some people really speculating on what sort of reservoir setup a totally imaginary ride may or may not have, based on what a completely different park owned by a different company isn't doing with their rides? That's a new low guys.

Nah RWC you said "current generator" and "artificial water current"..as in the thing actually creating the flow thats pushing boats around. How can you say you actually meant the water supply that the channel is filled with. And you should have known the wiki article was wrong so why trust it/ repost information? It says the catchment "powers" the ride...well um explain to me how a lake of water just sitting there in the middle is capable of making water magically move. Last time I checked thunder river is powered by those two big ass pumps at the top of the conveyor...You've seen them right? Don't go calling people terminology Nazis just for posting the facts. You were the one dumb enough to blindly believe a Wikipedia edit that said a lake of static water magically powers two nearby rides. I'm waiting for someone to write on wiki that the tower of terror is " powered" by the acoustic energy of the tigers roaring in tiger island.

Edited by Gazza

Actually looking directly at Google maps reveals that there's a large blue empty pool between the two rides, behind the railway line? Also looks like River Rapids isn't operating either(erhaps that's why the pool's empty?)Looks like that's what they're talking about. Even if it doesn't connect to the Log Ride, whoever edited Wikipedia has obviously seen that and accounted for it.Any one know what that Pool/catchment is specifically for? LOL... check out Google Maps, there's a Pool of somesort that appears to connect the rides there? Edited by RichardWilliamCollins, A minute ago.

Im more than well aware of the water around each ride.there's okay creek, the reservoir in the middle of thunder river and the lagoon under the log ride. But what do any of those bodies of water have to do with powering these rides? You know how water rides are powered right? with pumps running on electricity. Edited by Gazza

Amazing that this conclusion can be drawn from a poster that was done in photoshop.

Of course Gazza because I definitely just confirmed it, I may be young, but not an idiot. I don't have to be thwarted everytime I say something that I believe could be true. tell me the last time "looks like" means one of the following: confirmed, definite, 100%?

Don't believe everything you read on Wikipedia. For starters the reservoir/catchment that the Rapids Ride runs along wasn't built until years after Rocky Hollow opened.

So that makes it impossible for them to update the system does it ?

Ok then, if the poster is a reliable source of what features this ride will/wont have, then I assume everyone is looking forward to the part where the track dives steeply underwater, next to a trawler. And that a giant 30m high wave will engulf the trackwork at regular intervals, as also illustrated in the poster.

Wow! You already know the height of the attraction, lucky you!

No, point is all you can tell from that poster is: -It will be a water coaster. -It will have a sea storm theme. How did you conclude from the poster that it won't have an indoor section? You said "by the looks of it".Looks of what on there? I'm just wanting to know your reasoning?

tell me the last time "looks like" means one of the following: confirmed, definite, 100%?

It doesn't confirm anything, but if you posted it, i means you believe it yourself, at least a bit.

Wow! You already know the height of the attraction, lucky you!

Nope I just know the height of the giant wave :P Rumor has it the tidal wave will travel down the Nerang river, through the sea lion arena and through the park in a 40m wide concrete channel. The tidal wave wiIl of course, be powered by the thunder river pumps at DW. Edited by Gazza

Guys can we please stop this on the forums, I come on here to read updates on Sea World's New Attraction 2013not all this trivial other stuff. Move it to another conversation

As with most of the discussions that degenerate into this type of garbage, there is one common denominator to them ALL............................. <_< [

Do it again and I'll have the article locked.

Please oh please AlexB do it again..... :D Edited by Jobe

Guys can we please stop this on the forums, I come on here to read updates on Sea World's New Attraction 2013 not all this trivial other stuff. Move it to another conversation

Thank you matt - I totally agree. It seems lately we can't have a discussion on these forums without it degrading into irrelevant crap and insults. Whenever I log onto the forum and see that a thread like this has a new post I think "great, someone's got some more news" or maybe someone has uploaded new photos. Don't want to read this other stuff

I also agree. If the site hadn't of gone like a mule, I would have responded to Gazza's post almost immediately before all that immaturity occured. Couldn't get the site to load for almost 8 hours or whatever time it was.

Same thing happens to me, whenever the site doesn't load for hours on end I go crazy.

Nope I just know the height of the giant wave :P Rumor has it the tidal wave will travel down the Nerang river, through the sea lion arena and through the park in a 40m wide concrete channel. The tidal wave wiIl of course, be powered by the thunder river pumps at DW.

This is actually hilarious.

Please oh please AlexB do it again..... :D/>

I agree with the last two posts

Tempting as it is to read this in that way - that Joz wants Wiki screwed with again, it wasn't my intention to save the changes - the screenshot was taken from a preview post (which is why the wiki tab is blacked out because it said 'Editing' or something like that... The page auto refreshed while I was prepping the screenshot, and the changes went live. Anyhow - I'm curious with these two attractions - it's been suggested that the 2014 attraction will go into 'showstage'... and so far this hasn't been refuted (although it is a way off yet). If the coaster is (completely) outdoors, that's going to nix the concept of great theming for it too... so are we to assume that both attractions will utilise the showstage in some way??? Surely theres some info out there somewhere???

Why is it assumed that the 2014 will go in the building? (It's not a show stage) Is it because they are sharing space on the same billboard? My thoughts are that they just wanted to save money and not build a 2nd billboard! The one there is fine, its in a central location. Plus animals like that need their sun.