Sea World Storm Coaster construction 2013

alex_1

It would seem to me that once the new rides open where Bermuda Triangle was, there will probably be another way from that area into Seal Harbour. Then I would imagine the plan is that a lot of guests will use that as a way to walk through between the rides near the back of the park and the ones at the front. As a result if that is the case, Seal Harbour should become much more used. That may be a year or so off but it seems to be the plan I think.

Good news for guest if Village keep spending 15 million a year on new attractions. (Would be nice to see dreamworld put this kind of investment back into it each year) "Village Roadshow theme parks chief executive Tim Fisher said the group's continued reinvestment in its theme parks was a major reason for the standout performance. "For the past five years we have ensured that, in terms of capital investment, at least one park every year will have a significant new product to talk about," he said. He said Village would continue to spend between $10 and $15 million every year on a new attraction"

Good news for guest if Village keep spending 15 million a year on new attractions. (Would be nice to see dreamworld put this kind of investment back into it each year) "Village Roadshow theme parks chief executive Tim Fisher said the group's continued reinvestment in its theme parks was a major reason for the standout performance. "For the past five years we have ensured that, in terms of capital investment, at least one park every year will have a significant new product to talk about," he said. He said Village would continue to spend between $10 and $15 million every year on a new attraction"

FANTASTIC! And it's paying off for Village... the half year financial results were excellent. The theme parks are going great guns. skeetafly - where was this info from?

• 3 weeks later...

So, I went to sea world the other day. They seem to be digging up old foundations from the first lift hill on Bt that were buried in the sand. Not much else seems to be happening on site. All the water from the pools in Jet Rescue has been drained for some reason. And there is very little lake left in the northern end of the lake. I wasn't able to get photos sadly. But I will try to get some in the next few weeks.

Much as it is an historical part of the park's history, the medieval bridge between flume and viper is very quickly outliving it's usefulness. Apart from it being a picturesque location for wedding photos in April... there isn't much use for it anymore as the paths running underneath it remove the need for people to cross it at all - as a matter of fact, you have to go out of your way to cross it these days... time for it to go, i think...

Whoa there now... I never suggested they WOULD take it out... They won't just remove something because it's no longer needed (take a look at Dreamworld!). THe bridge still serves a purpose - it isn't just a defunct structure that isn't used by anyone... but... with the lake being filled in - it's a bridge without a purpose, and freeing that up would allow them to open up the area around these major attractions a lot better, perhaps even with room for concessions, maybe even another small flat somewhere in the mix... But don't just remove it because its old. Remove it because you have plans to develop the land it uses!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I don't know if this has already been mentioned here but during my trip to Seaworld yesterday I overheard the Skyway ride operator telling another visitor in the line that Skyway is being removed to make way for the water coaster.