Sea World Storm Coaster construction 2013

alex_1

Posted on Thrill Zone International. Looks like the layout is exactly the same as the Sommerland Coaster. The theming better be amazing to make up for the layout. it's not confirmed yet though.

This is not a concept image of the Storm Coaster. Google has it cached from the Djurs Sommerland thread on Theme Park Review: post-2117-0-92492900-1367656931_thumb.pn

It appears to me from the cons photos, this section is partly on the old Ride Building.

Well Obviously. The picture was from overseas : The whole grey area isn't all indoors ( Old Building ) Because it's not big enough to cover. Station side post-2699-0-76737000-1367657021_thumb.jp Edited by Randy23

If I were a betting man I'd say it's that version, with indoor load/unload and a short Dark Ride/specual effects finale.

Hopefully there will be something different to set this ride apart from the already existing rides- fingers crossed that the layout will be tweaked slightly enough to differentiate itself and that the special effects and dark ride section live up to the brililance of its predecessor.

Yeah

This is not a concept image of the Storm Coaster. Google has it cached from the Djurs Sommerland thread on Theme Park Review: post-2117-0-92492900-1367656931_thumb.pn

Yeah I questioned that with Thrill Zone last night, they didn't seem to give a solid answer. I guess it's exactly the same because it is the sommerland coaster. Anyway, judging by the photos from the Parkz update, it will have the same layout.

If that does end up being the layout, I'm surprised they are not making more use of the old show building. Just think about how much it used to contain when it was used for Lassiter's Lost Mine then Bermuda. These were both lengthy rides with numerous large scenes. Obviously, in order to utilise the space in that way, they'd need to go with a typical zig-zagging dark ride track layout. This doesn't appear to be what they're going for based on what we've seen so far.

Having just been on Journey to Atlantis at Sea World San Diego, I can honestly say I am looking forward to this installation more than ever before. To be honest, Journey didn't have that much in the way of dark-ride theming, but managed to theme the outdoor areas quite well. Those moaning about the possibility of a lack of a good dark ride... it that is what happens... don't be too disappointed until you've given it a try... and to make things a little easier - don't compare it to bermuda - because the two are completely different attractions!

Maybe they are reserving some of the inside of the building for the upcoming WILD attraction......

It's hard to tell based on the photos so far but I think the flume channel stretches right to the far end of the building before turning to go back to the station. Is that correct?

I've been looking through some videos of Mack Rides and it appears that a small drop, something which is semi-obvious in the images of the site, is common at the base if that final drop before the final splash down.

Are you talking about the airtime hill at the end of the splashdown? If so, this is referred to in the latest Parkz update

Hey Guys, Once again HERE is some more images form today. Apologies for the poor lighting towards the end, It was the only chance i really had due to the rain. As we can see in this set, the floor of the building is just about covered in a concrete slab, and there car park is slowly getting smaller as they create more room for parts from MACK. Also on a box today was a Shipping Notice, the Model read "Water Coaster (Klein) Australien" so not sure if that means anything yet... EDIT, It wont let me add the link so here it is (http://harrisonkohn.net/images/gallery/)

Edited by HarrisonKohn

Hmmmm Im really looking forward to the storm, though after seeing a POV of the one installed at Sommerland; if it is indeed the same I think it might be too short/dull!Ill reserve judgement till they finish the thing, though it would be nice to see them make the best use of the show building; a zig zag layout with theming ect.. to add to the ride and make it longer.Looking at the recent pictures though, I doubt this will be the case! :'(

Klein means standard or usual, or insignificant. It's the model type. It just means we're getting the standard model, as in the one also installed at Sommerland, etc.

Actually klein does not mean standard whatsoever the closest thing you said is insignificant. Klein means small. It has absolutely nothing to do with standard. It also doesn't mean we're getting the standard model, we have no idea what model we're getting. Just because 'small' is written on a container has absolutely no connotation with a 'standard' model. Please, next time you say something with such confidence, make sure it's correct! Edited by Linus1995

Still, 'small' doesn't sound very promising either ;) I have no doubt that Village will do a great job though. It is very rare for them to order the bare minimum model of any attraction and not spruce it up in some way or do something special. I do think it would be much better to have a longer dark ride section. A 2.5 minute major attraction is just so short. But even if this does end up being the case, it will be far, far better than anything Dreamworld has done recently and still a great ride