Sea World Storm Coaster construction 2013

alex_1

Not sure...some sort of theming perhaps?

The wrecked ocean trawler? Unpainted yet... Nice pickup whoever spotted that stuff. Although the green things do look like seats? Have the seats been installed yet? Doesn't look like it. So could be them, sitting in blue tubs for whatever reason. Green things are definatly seats of something. Edited by colliric_855

90% sure those things in the background are bits of a Twist n Spash for delivery to another theme park:

http://www.mack-rides.com/en/products/spin-rides/twist-n-splash/sr-ts-info/sr-ts-info.html

That's cool.

Yeah I agree with that.

.... Unless they're for something else at SeaWorld? Something a little more wild?

:P

Just kidding.

Edited by colliric_855

.... Unless they're for something else at SeaWorld? Something a little more wild?

I know you were kidding - but since the topic has been raised - my sea world source has confirmed for me what Wild is - not in 100% detail, but the overall outline of things that have been suggested on here is fairly close to the mark...

Looks great! Best theming I've seen for a Mack water coaster vehicle yet. 'Thrill Zone International' is getting all the scoops!

Thats generally what happens when you have a VIP pass and nothing else to do.

My information suggests land-based fodder and a whole lotta steel may be required.

Here is the latest nearmap image of the storm construction zone (17 May)

Looking at that view it helps me understand why there is not much room left for a long course throughout the show building, particularly considering the angle of attack of the splashdown. Bermuda used to have a splashdown section that ran the full length of the building but was actually outside the main building. This has been demolished. Also, with Bermuda, all of the guest accessible areas and loading took place outside the building with only the dark ride itself taking place inside. It appears the building will now be partly guest accessible for the first time and will contain the station, again reducing space for the dark ride component Edited by GoGoBoy

^ Why would they make it look like a shipping container when it's about "Coast Rescue" or whatever was on those boats? Wouldn't a surf club/lifesaver hq be more appropriate?

I think it will be based around port/docks then leading into a massive storm that swept though and the only way to get out is being rescued by Coast Guard Rescue or something along those lines? :P

Construction is underway at Sea World on one of the most exciting new rides ever seen in Australia. Storm Coaster will open at Sea World in September promising the whole family a thrilling journey through a storm ravaged container port featuring amazing water and fire effects.

Edited by Randy23