Sea World Storm Coaster construction 2013

alex_1

Thought some might find this interesting. I was studying the aerial photo of the site mid-construction and thought I would try and work out what the track will look like in the context of surrounding rides, pathways etc. So I have posted my conclusions...

I overlaid the original approved coaster (proposed for the entry of Sea World) onto the new location and it marries up very well. It goes with the Mack Coaster standard design we have been discussing. We can also see why they took that route for the cut down version of Vikings revenge...it should be pretty interesting when all of the props and theming are added.....

post-29082-0-82956000-1371705484_thumb.j

Surprised no one had done this before... Very impressive MikeMac! I wonder why SeaWorld decided to go against the idea of building it next to the carpark, and instead replace Bermuda? Maybe they knew Bermuda would need to be replaced eventually, so they decided to do just do it now. Yet it seems like the ride layout is just too perfect a match for its location for everything to fit so 'conveniently'.

I wonder why SeaWorld decided to go against the idea of building it next to the carpark, and instead replace Bermuda?

Penguin Encounter is where the sharp U turn of the water section would have been, by the looks of those plans. I reckon the location they have chosen is better...It's replaced an aging ride, and is right with all the other rides, and not a car park coaster, plus we've gotten an indoor section in this version, which the version at the front of the park appears not to have.

I think it's quite clever for SeaWorld to go for the 'container port' theme, whilst ports are generally criticized by environmentalists for their destructive impact on coastal ecosystems (which in itself is contrary to SeaWorlds philosophy), the theming will likely involve a whole lot of shipping containers which are as cheap as chips. I think it would be great if they simulate containers toppling as if ready to crush the boat.

It looks like there will be a long entrance from the existing pathway to the loading area which potentially means a really long queue...

Edited by MikeMac

Thought some might find this interesting. I was studying the aerial photo of the site mid-construction and thought I would try and work out what the track will look like in the context of surrounding rides, pathways etc. So I have posted my conclusions...

I overlaid the original approved coaster (proposed for the entry of Sea World) onto the new location and it marries up very well. It goes with the Mack Coaster standard design we have been discussing. We can also see why they took that route for the cut down version of Vikings revenge...it should be pretty interesting when all of the props and theming are added.....

This is brilliant MikeMac, and clearly I'm not the only one who thinks so. Just wish you'd contribute to the forums more often!

It seems to me the ride is an almost perfect fit for the old Bermuda site, with only a small extension of the building needed to accommodate the final indoor turn, plus the need for some of the coaster section pylons to be built over an existing path. Utilising the old show building for an indoor section will give this ride that extra special feature that we have come to expect from Village Roadshow rides. And maybe they can save the car park for another coaster one day...

When it's certified and approved to open by the relevant authorities, and not a day sooner.

You know - when you read a thread, you don't need to add a comment to it each and every time you visit...

Amen to that! What is it about this site that once very couple of months like clockwork draws a new user who feels the need to add totally random and unnecessary comments to every thread?

Slick - I can't imagine the GCCC giving open slather to do what they please. I would suggest that the park's iconic position along with a deep-seated history in the area, not to mention the amount of tourism dollars they bring would be the source of whatever approvals they needed.

If it was an 'overall' restriction, we'd see a lot of the hotels along the way planning massive renovations - especially places like Palazzo. No - i have no facts or evidence to base this on, but if any relaxation was required, this was most definitely a one-off just for the park.