Sea World Storm Coaster construction 2013

alex_1

Yeah I was wondering that to GoGoBoy.The coaster element of the ride really isnt all that big and considering that Bermuda Triangle's entire course was contained in the show building, is it possible we may see an extended custom dark ride experience? Perhaps the coaster element is the only thing thats off the shelf? Would this be a possibility??

Based on the construction photos from earlier in the year, I doubt there will be any extensions to the standard model's track layout. You have the remember the show building now holds a splashdown for a sub-28m drop and the station. The slow winding canal that was Bermuda allowed for tighter turns and thus could fit more in the show building.

0504-1_Storm_Coaster_c_30.jpg

0611-1_Storm_Coaster_c_20.jpg

Yeah I was wondering that to GoGoBoy.The coaster element of the ride really isnt all that big and considering that Bermuda Triangle's entire course was contained in the show building, is it possible we may see an extended custom dark ride experience? Perhaps the coaster element is the only thing thats off the shelf? Would this be a possibility??

Unfortunately I think it has been established that the water/boat section is exactly the same as the standard model. So it looks like any show scenes will be built around the fairly small flume section at the start (if at all), and the slightly longer one at the end

It is known that there will be a show scene before and after the track. I think that when you walk into the line up are you will get onto the ride at your right. You will then make a small turn to the right (Maybe 45 degrees) and then the water fills up, like there is a flood/storm. You then exist the shipping container and start the track. After the splash down you enter another shipping container and there are boats and cars that are on fire (Or something like that). You then travel around to the station. So from what I just said there would be more a end show than pre show, but I could be wrong. The station might be on the left, meaning there is more of a pre track show. Thats just my opinion. All we know for definite is there will be water and fire effects. We will just have to wait and see.

Based on the construction photos from earlier in the year, I doubt there will be any extensions to the standard model's track layout. You have the remember the show building now holds a splashdown for a sub-28m drop and the station. The slow winding canal that was Bermuda allowed for tighter turns and thus could fit more in the show building.

You make a really good point themeparkgc. Previously the show building has only ever contained the ride path and associated scenes. All of the loading and unloading occurred outside the building. But with the Storm Coaster, the show building will now be used for guest queuing and the ride station, as well as the show scenes.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know any information about an opening date other than "Summer 2013/14"

I would say that it will either be open a week before Queensland school holidays start (Which I think is the 13th December for most schools, I could be wrong though), or Boxing Day. I would say that it all depends on the speed of construction. I am sure Sea World won't say when it will open as they are probably not entirely sure.

I would say that it will either be open a week before Queensland school holidays start (Which I think is the 13th December for most schools, I could be wrong though), or Boxing Day. I would say that it all depends on the speed of construction. I am sure Sea World won't say when it will open as they are probably not entirely sure.

Village usually opens they new rides on Boxing Day so I'm sticking with Boxing Day to be the date...

Green Lantern, Superman Escape all opened Boxing Day so did Penguin Encounter...

Read my post. I said that Jet Rescue was the last time a boxing day opening happened. That was way back in 08. Did Aqualoop open boxing day. No. Green Lantern. No. Arkham. No. Justice League. No. Constrictor. No Castaway Away Bay. No. Penguin Encounter. No. We have a parkz update from the 12th of Dec with it open: http://www.parkz.com.au/update/2010/12/12/258-Sea_World_December_2010.html