Sea World Storm Coaster construction 2013

alex_1

I just saw the advert showing a preview of the ride and this is what is shown. They show the boat going down the first small drop and it turning. They then show the first part of the inside of the ride (river part), where there are a number of fire effects (I know it's only a animated video but the detail does look good). Then there is the final track part where the splash down is. Here there are also fire and water effects.

Not sure if this has been reported but I was at Sea World today and noticed that the water troth under the coaster is full of water. I have posted a pic. There were a lot of trees in the way so the quality is not that great and I have given many location waypoints but I took the picture just next to the sky gondolas in front of the cinemas. To be honest I'm surprised that the troths are full considering there is still a heap left to finish on the ride, landscaping and theming. Anyway, enjoy!!

post-29082-0-02728900-1383986195_thumb.j

post-29082-0-05910800-1383986209_thumb.j

post-29082-0-48946700-1383986220_thumb.j

Not sure if this has been reported but I was at Sea World today and noticed that the water troth under the coaster is full of water. I have posted a pic. There were a lot of trees in the way so the quality is not that great and I have given many location waypoints but I took the picture just next to the sky gondolas in front of the cinemas. To be honest I'm surprised that the troths are full considering there is still a heap left to finish on the ride, landscaping and theming. Anyway, enjoy!!

Would you rather it seem "odd" now that the troughs are full, or would you rather the filtration break down on day one and have the ride closed while they work out the problems?

Isn't this lining up for a boxing day or at least some time in december opening? I would have thought that would have been tested already by this point, plus what's to say the water isn't drained tomorrow to test the drainage systems?

wait - did I just see real fire in that preview?

Edited by reanimated35

For some reason the interior part on The Project reminded me of Jurassic Park River Adventure. I have no clue why, but that's the first thing that popped into my head. Hopefully, this will maybe be better than Bermuda!

It looked like an apocalypse to me. With fire and going underneath a sinking boat. It's going to be good when it opens.

Sea World is going to get themselves in trouble with the GCCC - the third picture of the fencing shows a panel tipped sideways to block what appears to be a gateway - thereby turning the panel into a ladder to climb over the fence and into the 'pool'. I hope they have gotten their 'pool safety certificate' already - otherwise that won't pass inspection!!!

Aside: yes, i know it isn't a pool. yes I know the panel is temporary, and i'm assuming will be replaced with a proper gate once it arrives. I'm just taking the piss, no need for flaming.

Sea World is going to get themselves in trouble with the GCCC - the third picture of the fencing shows a panel tipped sideways to block what appears to be a gateway - thereby turning the panel into a ladder to climb over the fence and into the 'pool'. I hope they have gotten their 'pool safety certificate' already - otherwise that won't pass inspection!!!

Aside: yes, i know it isn't a pool. yes I know the panel is temporary, and i'm assuming will be replaced with a proper gate once it arrives. I'm just taking the piss, no need for flaming.

You raise a good point though. A simple sheet of plastic advertising/white plastic cable tied to the "ladder" would fix the issue in <1 minute.

I am a bit sorry to see Bermuda triangle go as I love dark rides. However as has been pointed out, there is still a very similar ride at Movie World, so not the end of the world. I look forward to seeing this new ride and it's certainly better than them just leaving Bermuda triangle sitting dormant (pun intended) forever. If anyone's interested, I made a copy of Sea World on rollercoaster tycoon 3 (complete with all rides as it was a couple of years ago, and a Sea world resort too). It includes a version of Bermuda Triangle and I made a video of it which you can see here. I'll be honest, the first few minutes are a bit boring in this video, and I have actually spent a lot of time improving the ride since then, but I haven't as yet made an updated video. Anyway this will give you an idea of what it's like and if anyone wants me to make a video of the improved version, please let me know. If you have RCT3 and would like to download the park itself, you can get it from here (search for sea world on the link provided and you'll need to have the "Wild" and "Soaked" add-ons).

Quite different to the original, but it's still really good! Well done!

Does anybody know what 'summer 2013' means? Start of December? End? Middle?

The boats look good!

We don't know when it will open, but attractions that open in December usually open a week or two before Christmas then officially open on Boxing Day. Rides which are being tested for the first time usually open a month after.

"Summer2013" Means "we dont know precisely when it will open due to possible setbacks or issues found during testing, so by saying 'summer' we can essentially open it anywhere between the beginning of December and the end of February, but considering it should have opened in September, and we've also put off 'Wild!' another year, you'd wanna hope whenever we open it, it'll be the best damn attraction in the country you've ever seen!!!"

They pushed it back to focus their efforts on building the Polar Bear Shores expansion, which was needed in a much shorter time with next to no warning (they didn't know the polar bear was pregnant until a few weeks before it gave birth, and even then it was speculation). Besides I think it worked out well having a new water coaster to open in the hit summer season, instead of the spring holiday season.