Sea World Storm Coaster construction 2013

alex_1

Being a sucker for theming and detail, GoGoBoy is most happy about:

the signage suits...a scrap of rusty metal with the logo on it...lots of dockside theming like forklifts, crates, nets, buoys, broken bits of ship pipework, engines etc and of heaps of of cars and boats. They are positioned such that when you are in the ride area you are hemmed in and cant see the flume or the gravel. A sign at the entrance sets forth the ride story... All the fencing and lamp posts have rust paint effects... Airgates are nicely themed, with a full rust texture over them (Anyone who has been on Big Thunder Mountain knows the way disney do them)

went on it today. It was ok. the theming outside of the ride is great. what my girlfriend and I both thought it lacked was anything before the lift hill. Going straight out of the station to the lift hill just seems to basic. if it had a little bit of build up before the outdoor bit it would make it a great ride. we both like the bit where you can watch the splashdown when leaving the ride. I only rode in the back seat and got drenched. maybe the other rows don't get so wet? it is a good family ride just wish it had more of a build up inside

went on it today. It was ok. the theming outside of the ride is great. what my girlfriend and I both thought it lacked was anything before the lift hill. Going straight out of the station to the lift hill just seems to basic. if it had a little bit of build up before the outdoor bit it would make it a great ride. we both like the bit where you can watch the splashdown when leaving the ride. I only rode in the back seat and got drenched. maybe the other rows don't get so wet? it is a good family ride just wish it had more of a build up inside

They should make it as if the storm is about to hit. They could just add some water and smoke effects. Unless they haven't turned them on yet. Were the fire effects working today?

^To be fair, there is a lot of sound in there, and a projection showing the storm raging outside, and the flume before the lift only lasts about 20 secs or so......I guess most of the theming has gone towards the end of the ride to keep it interesting....At the start you have the anticipation of the coaster itself.

This should be classed as a coaster not water coaster as boats don't actually touch water the track will run inbetween to troughs with water on both sides creating the illusion how's that for News

Haha, forgot about this post too.

Went in today and managed to get a ride! Waited for 45 mins in line, then got a call up for single rider and skipped the last section. Then a malfunction while waiting at the gates meant just over 60 mins and I was on. Themeing in the line area is fantastic - only thing I wasn't fussed on was how HOT it got in the shipping container while moving from the outside into the main building.

I was surprised how smooth the coaster was, final drop was fantastic with a great big splash, was 2nd row on the right. No fire effects yet but heaps of water shooting up + the big area of pouring water on the right was great.

Really enjoyed it and glad I went. In my opinion it is better than the bermuda triangle. Just a shame I didn't get a chance to go on a couple of times, but I will definitely be back!

I really hope its open Saturday as i will be a little late for my own birthday party to go on the Storm Coaster and i live in Brisbane! dedication much (so excited)

I'm sure it will be open, but it depends on if they are having problems. Like all news rides, there are always problems for the first month or so