Sea World Storm Coaster construction 2013

alex_1

I was in yesterday and failed to get to ride it. In the morning they had to replace a pump, which meant the ride didn't open until after 12. Then, whilst I was waiting in line, around 1, one of the boats got stuck near the top of the lift hill. They evacuated everyone in the line and in the half hour I stood and waited, had only just reached the poor people stuck on the ride. The ones stuck in a boat at the bottom got out in about 15 or 20. I was on a time limit so didn't see anyone get rescued from the top. Also Sea Viper was not going and Jet Rescue wasn't open in the morning, so I'm guessing SeaWorld will have a lot of unhappy customers.

Sea Viper started around 12 today but was running empty for about 30 mins prior. Jet ski open all day. Managed to get 2 rides today, one around 11am before it went off for "technical issues", where I noticed a boat was stuck near the top of the lift hill. It reopened around 2pm and I got straight back on, was down again 30 mins later with people stuck on the boat near the top of the lift hill. Did not reopen after that.

Was really impressed with the theming, the noise seems a little issue though, being a single rider today was looking for the single rider queue jump. Could not hear the ride attendant over the noise but saw the one finger in the air so shot my hand up. Unless you are looking for it you may miss it.

Getting in the first time I was for the second row until the Asian tourists in the front row changed their minds and asked to swap, needless to say they got the water dump which completely missed me. Front row second time as well, though it dumped before the boat got to the corner, and had stopped by the time we started passing it... Maybe in between these two would give the first row a bit of moisture as well...

In my opinion, it has just enough coaster, not enough boat ride... Shame the viewing area is not open to non riders to be able to experience the ride to a point... Given the space they had though, fantastic addition to the park.

In my opinion, it has just enough coaster, not enough boat ride... Shame the viewing area is not open to non riders to be able to experience the ride to a point... Given the space they had though, fantastic addition to the park.

I would agree with that. For a family ride the coaster is enough, but it is a shame there is not more water section. I know the boats can't make as sharp as turns as the Bermuda Triangle could, but it would have been good if it was like an S.

They could have had a viewing area where non-riders could get wet on the other side of the splash down.

Also, there are lockers been put in place to the right of the photo shop.

They could have had a viewing area where non-riders could get wet on the other side of the splash down.

^ This.

Fans of movies with theme parks in them will well recall shots of flume boat rapids rides coming down a final drop while the unsuspecting star is having a conversation on a bridge going over the splashdown area, before the raft lands, and absolutely saturates the bridge and all on it...

(you'd think they'd notice this structure 12ft above ground that is totally soaked, but alas, they have bigger problems going on in the movie).

The point of it is - it'd have been awesome to have a 'soak zone' in general public area. A place where you could get wet and cool down on a hot summer's day without having to queue up for an hour first...

On that note - which parks were featured in movies such as described? i'm trying to remember...

Anyone know the price/duration of the lockers? Used the ones down the front end of the park last time but they were pretty inconvenient, and expensive.

SW has all-day lockers near Dockside (just near kids area) that are slightly more convenient than the ones at the front of the park... same price though, but for all day, not a bad deal for not having to carry your stuff everywhere (if you carry a lot)

Sea World have released the tv ad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tffpd5vRapc

It seems that the gas lines are installed, they just aren't working yet. Maybe they don't want to put them on until everything else is working correctly. The ride still keeps on stopping at the top and some water effects aren't working entirely. It's just a waiting game really.

People need to realise that when it comes to new rides, they are always going to be problems for the first couple of months. And as this is the first water coaster in the country it means that this ride will have extra problems that need to be fixed. It will just take time for Sea World's maintenance team to figure out the best way to prevent and fix issues that occur.

as this is the first water coaster in the country it means that this ride will have extra problems that need to be fixed.

What - do the American and European water coasters break down in a different accent? This isn't going to have extra problems just because of the country it's in.

What - do the American and European water coasters break down in a different accent? This isn't going to have extra problems just because of the country it's in.

I'm not saying there are more problems because of the country, I mean for the type of ride. It's the first water coaster in Australia. Like all new rides there are going to be problems that continue to occurs or the first few months

Yes, but the engineers and other technicians from Mack are on hand for all new attractions regardless of the country it's in.

You're implying that because we've never had a water coaster in the country, it's going to have problems that they've never had at any of their other installations???

If you just mean 'as a new attraction, it's going to have teething problems' then yes, you're right. But as you keep saying that it's the first water coaster in Australia, it just seems that you're saying the problems are because we've never had one in the country.

Yes, but the engineers and other technicians from Mack are on hand for all new attractions regardless of the country it's in.

You're implying that because we've never had a water coaster in the country, it's going to have problems that they've never had at any of their other installations???

If you just mean 'as a new attraction, it's going to have teething problems' then yes, you're right. But as you keep saying that it's the first water coaster in Australia, it just seems that you're saying the problems are because we've never had one in the country.

I mean both of them, but I didn't realise that technicians from Mack were on site. It's just a misunderstanding.