International Additions

themeparkgc

• 1 month later...

A park in China is getting a knockoff version of a Maurer Sohne Skyloop built by a dodgy Chinese company. So basically, for anyone who doesn't know much about coasters, it'll be a potentially lethal knockoff version of Buzzsaw. The most terrifying bit is it's supposedly going to have shoulder harnesses. http://www.rcdb.com/m/11050.htm thumb_skyloop1.jpg

Edited by alex_1

Liseberg (Lisa Burger) in Sweden is getting Projekt Helix in 2014, a Mack Launcher like blue fire, with lap bars, 6 inversions, airtime hills, and two launches, and almost 1.4km long: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3QG3gMikVc http://www.liseberg....-Projekt-Helix/ jyj7oejhprmozzyc9eza.jpg

Edited by Gazza

Projekt Helix looks absolutely awesome. I've heard awesome things about Blue Fire and this looks even better. Liseberg is high on my bucket list, it looks like a beautiful park. Plus they have Balder.

Not that much I'd think because its only got the one twist, and the rest is in a straight line.

You'd be surprised how much head banging straight track can deliver. That's been proven on plenty of Arrow and Vekoma coasters I've ridden. Plus whatever head banging you'd get, even if it's just a few blows, would probably hurt like hell.

I suppose, mainly because its not as long :P I can see huge potential for an accident on this thing though, especially since a coaster made by the same company recently derailed, and that was just an Arrow loopscrew knock off! I hear they're also building a knockoff of the Vekoma Motocoasters.

^ If I'm not mistaken, those are simply pictures of Chimelong Paradise's Motocoaster which is a genuine Vekoma? The pictures on the website are mainly of the type of rides that they're ripping off from the looks of it. EDIT: I just checked, the motocoaster that's being built in China is actually being built by a different knockoff company. http://www.rcdb.com/m/10631.htm Also, if the knockoff trains are anything like the Vekoma ones, they're actually much more comfortable than the Intamin ones on Dreamworld's Motocoaster.

Edited by alex_1

Six Flags Magic Mountain also had a leak to the local news detailing a launched roller coaster named Full Throttle taking the place of the now defunct Log Jammer. http://articles.lati...rottle-03201207

1971 Log Jammer being removed? Doesn't show a good reason for it - unless the ride was beyond repair/no one went there anymore, i would not like to see it removed. But it seems today more family rides are going the way of the dodo - replaced with rollercoasters that no grandma can ride - as opposed to a ride like Log Jammer or our own LTRR...

^ It's already been removed. It's a shame, as far as I know it was working well and still fairly popular. Well, popular enough for people to get angry at it's removal. But to be fair Full Throttle looks amazing. Now Magic Mountain just needs to build a new flat ride, perhaps where Deja Vu used to be. ^^ Yeah I don't think they've actually built a knockoff yet. The one in the picture looks way too safe to be a knockoff :P

^ It's already been removed. It's a shame, as far as I know it was working well and still fairly popular. Well, popular enough for people to get angry at it's removal. But to be fair Full Throttle looks amazing. Now Magic Mountain just needs to build a new flat ride, perhaps where Deja Vu used to be. ^^ Yeah I don't think they've actually built a knockoff yet. The one in the picture looks way too safe to be a knockoff :P

waste of a good ride and a '71 original imo... removin a family ride for a thrill coaster only adrenaline-charged teens would enjoy - i really dont like the way theme parks are going... :(

True. I'd rather they removed the other one as it's apparently not as good as Log Jammer was, but it's situated under Ninja so building Full Throttle there would've been difficult. And erikals, to be fair SFMM has always been a thrill park. Also, Wet n Wild Las Vegas has just been announced by Village Roadshow.

There's already been a bit of discussion about Wet'n'Wild Las Vegas

I reckon VR are gettin a little too ambitious with Wet N Wild projects all over the shop. They've got one in QLD, then they want to expand to Sydney, then Las Vegas, Nevada... still, nice idea if you want to cater to international customers for your parks. but will each WnW be a carbon copy of the QLD one or branch out with different rides? That's what I wonder about - id rather not have each WnW a carbon copy of each other - they can differ depending on location imo.

but will each WnW be a carbon copy of the QLD one or branch out with different rides? That's what I wonder about

Why are you sitting wondering? If you'd just check out the videos/websites for each new WnW, you would see how all of them are different in some way. Obviously being water parks there are some basic attractions you'll stil see at all of them (Eg all have a lazy river, all have a racing slide etc etc) Some of them share ride names and logos too (Eg Wet n Wild Phoenix has a Mammoth Falls, but theirs is a Family Boomerango

• 3 weeks later...

Some updates... 1. An animation for Outlaw Run has been released: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRW3k-EEXGA 2. Transformers: The Ride is going to Universal Studios Florida with construction already well underway with an opening scheduled for the middle of next year. 3. Knott's Berry Farm is adding a couple of new rides next year. Details are here. Unfortunately for Knotts fans the headliner is a wild mouse not the long-rumoured giga.

• 2 weeks later...