Goodbye Hollywood Stunt Driver?

mattcrombie

If it's true it's news to me. The thing about the rumour that rings true to me though is that HSD is famously a very expensive show, so I wouldn't say never. As for not being a Super Great Show I will defend it in this way: It is probably more watchable than Lights Motors Action, even with the difference in budget. Obviously it's no where near as spectacular as LMA, but comparing the 2 I think HSD is the better "show". Unfortunately for HSD, the show it gets compared to is PA, which was both more spectacular and a better show. It'll be interesting to see what happens to the sets if they do replace HSD with another show.

Probably nothing but, was at MW 2 weeks ago and had a lot of staff comment on the Marvel Heroes shirt I was wearing saying "You do know you are at a DC park?" Wouldn't have thought much of it except it was at Scooby, HWSD and WB Kids Zone, not in the DC area. If removing HWSD is correct and replacing with a Batman show it adds fuel to the idea previously mentioned in the forums of turning MW into a new park completely DC themed. Of anything they could have rethemed LW they went Arkham. Everything they have added (outside the Roxy movie changes) over the last few years has been DC related. Sure all the DC movies have been WB related but there have been more than just DC movies from WB over the last few years. Why is there nothing based on them?

If removing HWSD is correct and replacing with a Batman show it adds fuel to the idea previously mentioned in the forums of turning MW into a new park completely DC themed.

That would annoy me to no end. Right when they're about to release The Hobbit, too. I can't begin to express how much I want some Sherlock Holmes representation at MW.

Probably nothing but, was at MW 2 weeks ago and had a lot of staff comment on the Marvel Heroes shirt I was wearing saying "You do know you are at a DC park?" Wouldn't have thought much of it except it was at Scooby, HWSD and WB Kids Zone, not in the DC area.

I think you're reaching... The WBMW is iconic - changing to DC World would involve the retheming of several attractions that would be extremely expensive - Scooby for one. Why is the park adding nothing but DC attractions? Well probably because out of all the films available to them under license, the DC are more 'long lasting' in terms of a successful comic following, as well as a somewhat successful movie following (which in some cases involves more than one movie - even more than one SERIES of movies (ala Batman). The popularity and recognisability of the characters is what keeps it alive and makes it such a desirable theme. I would think nothing of the staff members comment except to highlight that they know their characters are DC, and you were featuring Marvel. Seems odd for a cast member to randomly drop that comment to you without some form of preceding leading discussion...

Seems odd for a cast member to randomly drop that comment to you without some form of preceding leading discussion...

I know it is basically reaching just thought it was interesting given this rumour. It wasn't just one staff member, it was 3 different staff from different areas of the park. And I thought it was an odd comment to make as well, but there was no discussion prior, just me with my Marvel Heroes shirt (basically the Avengers plus a couple of others).

Every time I post I get targetted... What is wrong with people here? Others post bull faecal matter rumours, I post fact. Their comments get praise, mine negativity. Sorry to point out the factual crap that occurs, but at least I don't generate tripe that has no backing whatsoever. I didn't post this when I occured because I thought nothing of it, but posted it now as in a way it shows some support, however loosely, to this current rumour.

Edited by Wyncenuros

Probably nothing but, was at MW 2 weeks ago and had a lot of staff comment on the Marvel Heroes shirt I was wearing saying "You do know you are at a DC park?" Wouldn't have thought much of it except it was at Scooby, HWSD and WB Kids Zone, not in the DC area. If removing HWSD is correct and replacing with a Batman show it adds fuel to the idea previously mentioned in the forums of turning MW into a new park completely DC themed. Of anything they could have rethemed LW they went Arkham. Everything they have added (outside the Roxy movie changes) over the last few years has been DC related. Sure all the DC movies have been WB related but there have been more than just DC movies from WB over the last few years. Why is there nothing based on them?

While it is possible that it's going I really hope not as I quite like the show and it does still soak up a good crowd. The others are right, there is a lot of DC, but is that such a bad thing? Do we really need to complain (not saying you here) that they are making it DC, can't we just enjoy the money they're willing to pump into making it a better quality park? Why is nothing based on them? What other large franchise has the lasting appeal? (I honestly can't think of any but am quite happy to be corrected here). If the rumours are true about replacing it it would suck. Would it actually happen though? Or would it just be like the rumour that the SeaWorld show was going to be in 6 month "seasonal" rotations?

I know it is basically reaching just thought it was interesting given this rumour. It wasn't just one staff member, it was 3 different staff from different areas of the park. And I thought it was an odd comment to make as well, but there was no discussion prior, just me with my Marvel Heroes shirt (basically the Avengers plus a couple of others).

I think that yea, don't think anything of it. It would be like if I went to work in a blue shirt and someone said "you know you don't work at anz" its just one of those comments you make.

It's nothing personal, I just didn't think the post was interesting. I wasn't going to say anything else, but since you've already had a cry about being targeted, I will say that in all honesty it was a pretty stupid thing to mention. If you've got anything else to say about the topic, feel free to say it, but I'll delete anything off topic. I haven't got the time that everyone else has to argue with you.

I would really love to see MW get something to do with 'Sherlock Holmes', however I don't think we would see our park get that, because correct me if I'm wrong, but Warner Bros. (who no longer even own the park) had the rights for the character in the movie. Much like Harry Potter, if VRTP wanted Sherlock, they would have to go to the people that owned the rights to the character. But given that WB just did 2 movies on the character a ride/attraction would be awesome. Same goes for Harry Potter at the park, but we all know with how much J.K Rowling will ask for the rights, thats never going to happen!

Again, thought nothing of it at the time, but it does add fuel to the fire however loosely in regards to this rumour. I doubt they would change it from WBMW. However with small elements of the HWSD having been removed and the fact it is a smaller budget "ripoff" of the LMA show, it is now basically 10 minutes of figure 8 drifting with some 2 wheel driving and a motorcycle doing a few wheelies back and forth. If I wanted to see that (not the 2 wheel driving) I would just go down the coast on a Friday and Saturday night.

Edited by joz

Perhaps they should find some room at the back of the park for a small HP themed area(with at least 1 major ride), and perhaps HSD could be earmarked for a Matrix-based show....

I always thought they should have updated the Movie Magic Stage to a Matrix based special effects, maybe show how it used to be done and then the new ways they bring it to life. Hell they could still do it and show the rig they used to bring the Bat to life if they want to keep adding DC related attractions.

And they also dropped the ball on Harry Potter too, it's made a shitload for them in Cinemas, why not have an attraction at Movie World? and yes I know one exhibit replaced the other, no need to inform me of that. Perhaps they should find some room at the back of the park for a small HP themed area(with at least 1 major ride) The franchise(the rights to which they own) is still recent enough for people to respond to the property.

Well being that Universal have spent a shit load of money to have a HP themed land, I doubt you'll see any more HP than what we already have. Put simply - WB holds the movie licensing, and Universal the theme park licensing - shit - we might as well lobby MW to replace LTRR with Pirates of the Carribbean! Matrix is dead. It was a cult followed franchise, but it's over. it has no lastability in todays market. The matrix exhibit was shit.. and boring. A walk through attraction that isn't worth the re-rideability, and therefore, regulars avoid it like the plague. I saw it once - that was enough. To announce an attraction NOW based on a franchise that had it's day THAT LONG ago, is akin to MW announcing a new Lethal Weapon roller coaster - it's not going to happen. Themes have to be current AT THE TIME OF CONSTRUCTION - unless - UNLESS that theme has long standing. The DC characters have that long standing - so does Scooby Doo, and so do the WB characters. Even the AVPX has a theme that has stood the test of several decades. And police academy - whilst it was getting on in years - had movies that also spanned two decades (or was it three?) Look at Wild Wild West Adventure Ride - themed to capitalise on the movie, and dumped once it lost its relevance. Cartoon network made way for nickelodeon... nickelodeon made way for Dreamworks. I'll bet with the demise of the wiggles that we'll see that disappear with it's lost relevance once the 'new wiggles' die in the arse (which they will). I'm all for the park expanding, and opening a new themed land with some great new attractions - problems include a lack of space to the back of the park due to the backyard neighbours (thereby requiring any expansion that way to be 'indoors' which also loses a key access route around the back of the park too). Expanding to the front has been done about as far as they can, which is why we're seeing replacements instead of new installations (GL excepted). I'd like to see them utilise the land between the sound stage and WWF, and they probably will someday - by which time franchises like the Matrix will long have been forgotten. HP will live on but only because of the fan following, and the kick ass themed lands made by universal - we won't see that install into MW. Dare I say - something still current, recent, and easily themable would be Twilight - but I hope I don't get banned for swearing... not to mention that i'd probably avoid the park like the plague if they did something like that.

Themes have to be current AT THE TIME OF CONSTRUCTION - unless - UNLESS that theme has long standing. The DC characters have that long standing - so does Scooby Doo, and so do the WB characters. Even the AVPX has a theme that has stood the test of several decades. And police academy - whilst it was getting on in years - had movies that also spanned two decades (or was it three?) Look at Wild Wild West Adventure Ride - themed to capitalise on the movie, and dumped once it lost its relevance. Cartoon network made way for nickelodeon... nickelodeon made way for Dreamworks.

Shrek's dead but it's still being milked like the Olympic swimming.... And the 1st movie came out 11 years ago.... PA will be either 3 or 4 depending on how you count it if this new movie/reboot goes ahead. And lastly CN was SW and Nick and DW were at DW....

It was a reference to a different thread.

I realized that, thats why i posted that....

but Warner Bros. (who no longer even own the park) had the rights for the character in the movie.

AFAIK Warner Bros. was simply the distributor, Village Roadshow and Silver Pictures were the 2 producers, which in normal circumstances mean they both have rights to the movie. The actual character and name is owned by a "Conan Doyle Estate Ltd." which is literally just the name for the original author's estate and those who manage it, and it's still questionable if they own the character and name, and not just the least old book "The Casebook of Sherlock Holmes" released in 1923, all the other books are public domain.