Movie World's Fright Night 2012

kujotess

Before I start don't get too excited as there isn't any information released yet, but last years topic started on this day 1 year ago with a full description so information might be coming very soon. What do you guys think this years will be like? Has anyone seen anything around? Any ideas on mazes and attractions? My idea of a maze would be to have some sort of Arkham walkthrough down the old China Alley and have many of the Arkham characters lurking around the roller coaster courtyard.

Before I start don't get too excited as there isn't any information released yet, but last years topic started on this day 1 year ago with a full description so information might be coming very soon. What do you guys think this years will be like? Has anyone seen anything around? Any ideas on mazes and attractions? My idea of a maze would be to have some sort of Arkham walkthrough down the old China Alley and have many of the Arkham characters lurking around the roller coaster courtyard.

China Ally has permanently been closed for "Staff Area" hence no construction lately, also if you go where the entrance is (Bank) the fence is bolted in the ground with along side the swing gates. Mazes will be GREAT this year... I can only say that one will involve a Prison theme. ?????? With great props and decent scenes and also this year they will have a scare cam, meaning night vision cameras, which people outside can see. :P That's all for now :P

China Ally has permanently been closed for "Staff Area" hence no construction lately, also if you go where the entrance is (Bank) the fence is bolted in the ground with along side the swing gates. Mazes will be GREAT this year... I can only say that one will involve a Prison theme. ?????? With great props and decent scenes and also this year they will have a scare cam, meaning night vision cameras, which people outside can see. :P That's all for now :P

What! Do you work there? Hmmmm, I'm guessing an Arkham Asylum return for the prison themed maze with new rooms?

I'm not disputing it - but this is the first i've heard of 'china alley' being permanently closed. If they were just going to make it back of house, why did they tear down all the facades? Why not just put up a themed hoarding that looks like market stalls (skill games work) and leave the china backdrop? it'd at least look like it belonged then... instead of a fence?

7:30 does kind of suck for a start time though. I thought it was always around 6 before? Or even stay in the park if you were already there and had an armband? edit- That only gives you 1.5 hours to ride everything. That suggests some possibilities to me. 1- They screwed up the time on that site 2- They are expecting people to get the rides out of the way before 9 and only then go through the mazes 3- They reduced the price to entice people to visit more than once

Edited by reanimated35

Perhaps we should wait until the website is actually online before worrying about complaining about the content of said unpublished website. How unlike the enthusiast community to run off half cocked with sketchy info :P

I haven't though....

7:30 does kind of suck for a start time though. I thought it was always around 6 before? Or even stay in the park if you were already there and had an armband? edit- That only gives you 1.5 hours to ride everything. That suggests some possibilities to me. 1- They screwed up the time on that site 2- They are expecting people to get the rides out of the way before 9 and only then go through the mazes 3- They reduced the price to entice people to visit more than once

Where did I say any of what I was talking about was confirmed fact? I even stated That it was my opinion and the site may not have the correct info on there. I also mentioned the times I was speaking of were from memory.

Fright Night Season Pass is now $70!!! Do you guys think that's just too much?

Not really....A one day admission is $70. But this $70 gets you several nights admission, and the nights in question have all sorts of extra entertainment/mazes etc that is expensive to run compared to normal daytime operation.

$70 too much? I would say it is too little given last years event. I say make it $79.99 minimum if there is going to be a all nights pass. I will say I won't be trusting anything as credible until it is officially announced by the park. Some random development site is just that, a development site. For starters there is VIP Gold upgrade mentioned on the page. With no prior VIP Gold marketing this year to the general public lets not jump to conclusions about what is happening with Fright Nights ticketing.

Hi guys, moved to the Gold Coast about 4 months ago and I decided to join the comunity. Anyway, on Movie World's Facebook page they replied to someone on Monday saying there will be news about this in the next 48 hours. I also looked around the link someone posted here, and I could see they even had a site for prices and another one for upgrading current VIP passes to Gold for AU$20 (which sounds reasonable if the single entry ticket for one night in Halloween is AU$30). So if it turns out to be true, they might have Gold VIP back up again, including entrance to one night for Halloween and one for Christmas. Hope to hear from this soon, I haven't been able to attend these before and now that I live here I have no excuse to miss it again.