Movie World's Fright Night 2012

kujotess

D: I'm really excited about this Fright Night, considering that I must be living under a rock, or something, because this is the first I've ever heard of MW doing them. But, oh my god, zombies. I will die if this is not perfect. I'm wondering if this is the sort of thing you go in a group to? 'Cause so far I'm thinking it'd just be me and the boyfriend.

Well don't over expect and you will enjoy it. As a 'veteran' of US theme park events since 2003, I can say this event has gotten better and better every year, so I too have high hopes for this year - if last year is anything to go by, it was pretty impressive.

MEDIA RELEASE October 2012 Awaken your Inner Zombie at Movie World’s Fright Nights 2012! Fright Nights 2012 is set to be the scariest yet, with a viral outbreak at Movie World infecting the park’s population, turning them into Zombies. Guests are invited to awaken their inner Zombie over six terrifying nights as the Walking Dead Walkers, ghouls and vampires do their upmost to infect them in their very own playground of nightmares. There will also be a host of terrifying shows and mazes, including the brand new Walking Dead™ Maze where guest’s darkest fears will come alive. Movie World Entertainment Manager Christophe Broadway said that Fright Nights 2012 will take the meaning of terrifying to a whole new level as the park ramps up the ante on the scare factor. “This year at Movie World we’ve decided to make our iconic Fright Nights event even more horrifying to ensure we give our guests an experience that they will never forget.” “Along with the frightening new ‘Walking Dead’, ‘Hillbilly Slasher’ and ‘Film Vault’ mazes , the popular ‘Psycho 3D’ maze will return, this time with hungry ghouls lurking around every corner, waiting to infect guests with their deadly disease,” he said. There will also be a number of new live entertainment shows including; Vampire Burlesque in Main Street, Death Derby in the Hollywood Stunt Driver arena, Creatures of Rock in the Main Plaza, as well as a 60-strong army of ghastly ghouls that will open each night with an epic Zombie dance. The dark and seedy Club Blood will also make a terrifying return, with 105.7 Radio Metro broadcasting live on opening night. The remaining nights will feature a host of top DJ’s, providing they haven’t already been turned. Fright Nights will be held from 6pm until 11pm on Saturday 6, 13, 20, 27 and Friday 19 and 26 October 2012. To secure your ticket purchase a VIP Gold Pass to receive unlimited entry to Movie World, Sea World, and Wet’n’Wild until 30 June 2013, plus one entry into the Fright Nights and White Christmas events all for only $99.99. Limited tickets are available for the six nights in October from $29.99 per person and guests must book to reserve their place. Plus, this year Movie World will also offer a limited number of season passes for only $59.99 so guests who haven’t been turned can visit Fright Nights over and over again. Check out the Fright Nights Facebook page for more information, and book now via FrightNights.com.au or call 133 FUN. EVENT FACTS & FIGURES

• [*]There are 100 performers, 40 makeup artists, 10 technicians, plus ride, food & beverage and retail staff working each night [*]It will take over 80 hours each night for cast makeup [*]20,443 litres of fog juice will be used to create the gloomy atmosphere [*]There are over 200 costumes used per night [*]Performers go through an average of 40 hours of training to be ready for Fright Nights

20,443 Liters of fog fluid! Most companies ship fluid by the 55 gallon drum, that's something like 98 drums of fluid! That amount wouldn't be cheap, you'd be talking a figure between $80,000-$100,000! I'm amazed (geek venting session complete)

Just walked through the Walking Dead Maze simply amazing. I will be posting pictures and videos of inside the maze on my site soon. Will put the link here.

Brotip, if your pics get washed out due to inappropriate flash usage if you just spend a couple of mins playing with the brightness and contrast you get something more viewable: post-88-0-01792600-1349333280_thumb.jpg

So, if I make a Facebook page tonight called 'The Theme Park News Insiders' or something and take shitty photos on my iPhone every few weekends I attend a theme park and take several copyrighted images from Google and post them, would I be considered 'media' and be invited to all these first looks at events, rides etc? I seriously don't understand how the people running these badly built Facebook pages get to go places before everyone else. I mean some of the pages are alright but seriously how does this one - http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Theme-Park-Social-Network/132673766814240 get considered as media by Movie World? Also, is that poo? WTF! post-29097-0-21384900-1349337518_thumb.j

Edited by kujotess

I seriously don't understand how the people running these badly built Facebook pages get to go places before everyone else.

I guess it's a slippery slope. Wvtp shouldn't have to trawl through pages and make a decision on each one individually. I for one am glad wvtp go out of their way to allow the pages to visit these. It shows that wvtp respect the fans. Unlike ardent which block access to everyone .

So, if I make a Facebook page tonight called 'The Theme Park News Insiders' or something and take shitty photos on my iPhone every few weekends I attend a theme park and take several copyrighted images from Google and post them, would I be considered 'media' and be invited to all these first looks at events, rides etc? I seriously don't understand how the people running these badly built Facebook pages get to go places before everyone else. I mean some of the pages are alright but seriously how does this one - http://www.facebook....132673766814240 get considered as media by Movie World? post-29097-0-21384900-1349337518_thumb.j

I run a website which i'm most active on and use the social networks to improve the interaction of my readers. I have been doing this for 3 years now longer then most of the other sites, and have grown a big network of fans. I try to do the very best and get the best media and post out. A lot of these pages don't do write ups and don't use there pics for anything. And so you know my site isn't thrill zone or the theme park social network. Edited by Lscia8