Movie World's Fright Night 2012

kujotess

I run a website which i'm most active on and use the social networks to improve the interaction of my readers. I have been doing this for 3 years now longer then most of the other sites, and have grown a big network of fans. I try to do the very best and get the best media and post out. A lot of these pages don't do write ups and don't use there pics for anything. And so you know my site isn't thrill zone or the theme park social network.

Isn't your page The Theme Park Place? If so I never said anything bad about that one...

Are those zombie actors wearing actual make up or is it just computer editing? Here's the 15 second commercial, and if you listen closely you can here that annoying scream that got played over and over on the Saw and Freddy maze short videos back in 2010.
ANNDDD, here's a screenshot form the latest email with a few new images to come with. Looks like they will be using Saw in the Film Vault. post-29097-0-92024200-1349417678_thumb.p

It all still looks like a diamond in the rough, but 500 times better than the first events they ever did - the physical sets look better than ever, the only thing lacking seems the number of scare actors, but we will see when I get there on 13 October. Then going to Halloween Horror Nights in Singapore the following weekend, which actually has a smaller number of mazes, but will it be more polished? I LOvE this time of year, first Halloween costume party tomorrow and it will keep going all month...

Went there tonight so i'll give my review even though I didn't do any mazes. Okay so I arrived at 7pm, got my season pass, and then got stopped by a security guard to check my friends bags (obviously for sharp weapons, alcohol or whatever). The fountain has been decked out with two cage dancers beside each other facing the entrance, I think they were green. There is also fire bursting out at occasional times like at HHN Universal's Klownz scare zone opening thing. I think the fire was coming out near the cage dancers, or on top of the entrance, I didn't really get a close look at it. Main street was decked out with smoke, lights and lasers like always. I didn't see any zombies when I walked up and down the street, expect for the weird rockstar looking monster that was in the Darby (or Derby, since they said both those words during the Death -) show, which I will get to later in my little review. I did however see Michael Myers when walking through the street twice, he was fun as he chased lots of people and got a lot of attention by girls that would dance in his face. I didn't see the chainsaw guy, although I think I heard him. I saw Jigsaw on his bike when walking down the street for the second time, he wasn't doing anything expect riding the bike slowly (like his character would). I saw the Death - show in the Hollywood Stunt Driver Area at 8:30pm, although we got in the arena at like 8:45pm, and the show started at around 9pm. It all started with replays on the screen of the news reporter from the zombie show back in 2010. It then got to dancing cowgirls on top of cars and down the alleyway, which seemed to take up about 50% of the show. Then the crazy rockstar looking zombie monsters, that seemed to have long black jumpers on and long black hair started to eat the show host, and all the dancing girls. Throughout this was 2 old looking cars that seemed to be falling apart drifting around the zombies and the girls on top of the old cars (that sat there and did nothing). No, there was no smashing of the cars. Then there was the girls with guns and chainsaws killing the zombies but obviously failing 99% of the time, like back in 2010. The whole show wasn't that amazing, by the time the zombies attacked the girls the show was over. Not much of a change from the Zombie show back in 2010 (I know i've said that a lot). So overall I wouldn't give it any rating since I didn't do any mazes and was only there for 3 hours. There wasn't that many scare actors that I could see at the time down main street or around the Wild West part which I was at while lining up for the Death - show, but there will always be a few lurking around, and just a quick tip, those long black haired zombies don't walk slowly down the street, they run.

I went last night and it started out really good, but went a bit downhill in my opinion. My friends and I got there at 6pm and went straight to the green lantern. Then we went to through the film vault maze and the walking dead maze. The lines moved fairly quickly. Both these mazes were pretty good and we were scared quiet a few times. The film vault one went for a long time and was a real maze, there were wrong turns etc. We grabbed some dinner, watched some of the rock show and decided to go on the superman ride. It was only 8:15, but thy had already shut the line and it looked like it had been shut for awhile, maybe since 8pm. I understand that thy need to have the ride finished by 9pm, but I think 8:30pm would be a more reasonably time. Th park wasn't overly packed and the lines weren't that long. We went to the scooby doo ride and stood in line for about 20 minutes before we were told that the ride was closed for technical difficulties. So went went through the hillbilly slasher maze. The line went really quickly, but they seemed to be sending in people too soon after one another. By the time we got out of the maze we had about 3 groups mashed together. The maze wasn't very good and there were no scares at all. We waited for awhile for the scooby doo to open and went in that. It was working again and the line went fairly quick. After the ride, we decided to go on again, but we're told that the ride was closed. it was only about 9:30-9:40pm. So we tried the justice league. It was closed also and it was only 9:45pm. We weren't Interested in the 3D maze or the vampire burlesque as we saw them last year. So after 10pm there wasn't much to do and we went home. So overall the film vault maze and walking dead maze were good, but I was really disappointed that the rides (scooby doo and justice league) shut so early.

Hmmm.. The mazes was great in theming but not in scary. I was confused on Hillbilly slasher as it was basically a walk though and not enough scariness? I was waiting for a chainsaw person because you would expect that in the woods etc and it was just filled with girls holding axes? They could of had a dead body on the front of the car (Inside). That maze needs a big improvement but the theme is awesome walking though a tent. Went though the Film Vault wasn't scary but did catch up to the 2nd group who went in before us, was hoping that people was going to jump on the fences again. But realised that they scare actors broke some last year. We then went to Walking Dead Maze again great details but some scenes didn't have the scare actors at their stations as you could tell e.g. body's and blood area and also the jail cell? The shows also needs some work as well went to the derby, I was expecting a car on fire or something because of the image on Movie World's website? So was confused and also the shows need to work on the ending of it because it was just awkward. We was thinking is it finished? or what? For the burlesque show same as previous but with a girl flying and the ending was weird they need batman to come save then. The show had more bad people and no-one to save them? The ending was ehhh crap just everyone walking off stage like they was lost. Not enough scary actors as well :\

Hmmm.. The mazes was great in theming but not in scary. I was confused on Hillbilly slasher as it was basically a walk though and not enough scariness? I was waiting for a chainsaw person because you would expect that in the woods etc and it was just filled with girls holding axes? They could of had a dead body on the front of the car (Inside). That maze needs a big improvement but the theme is awesome walking though a tent. Went though the Film Vault wasn't scary but did catch up to the 2nd group who went in before us, was hoping that people was going to jump on the fences again. But realised that they scare actors broke some last year. We then went to Walking Dead Maze again great details but some scenes didn't have the scare actors at their stations as you could tell e.g. body's and blood area and also the jail cell? The shows also needs some work as well went to the derby, I was expecting a car on fire or something because of the image on Movie World's website? So was confused and also the shows need to work on the ending of it because it was just awkward. We was thinking is it finished? or what? For the burlesque show same as previous but with a girl flying and the ending was weird they need batman to come save then. The show had more bad people and no-one to save them? The ending was ehhh crap just everyone walking off stage like they was lost. Not enough scary actors as well :

could you name the movies that were used in the film vault?

could you name the movies that were used in the film vault?

Beetle Juice only the character, You had a clown at the start that opened the door so maybe he is from 'IT' you had Freddy mention above and the ring girls also. then the rest was a maze. Film Vault maze was like last years maze where they had temp mazes but they had like rooms in random spots that you entered or went past. But you had to find your way around and was better then last year as it is an actual maze like girls kept going in circles hence why we catched up. :)

Interesting reports so far. I'm really only interested in the mazes and so much the rides, but the reports seem underwhelming. Seems like the 2 sound stage mazes are great (as they were last year), but the other mazes and the streets have a real lack of scare actors? They seem to be spending so much on developing mazes, using movie franchise concepts and marketing, so why not just get more actors to truly give us what we deserve? I'm sure at least some of the execs or creative people have done Universal and seen what it takes? I hope it gets better, but I guess it's only $29.99 so we have to keep it in perspective.

The thing is even at universal not all the houses (as they call them) are 'RAR' type scare attractions. Some of them are just weird and creepy and I think that's what the hillbilly maze is about and I personally think its the best one. The thing I like this year is the four mazes all have a distinct feel and experience rather than the same thing with different theming.

We went the first night with our free ticket from our VIP passes. Little disappointed to be honest. I thought they capped the amount of people that can get in, there was more people there than I think I have even seem at movie world. We got the beverage and burger specials from the website, the cup was an Outback spectacular flashing cup which was a bit sad, the burger was tiny, which I guess was normal for a $8 theme park meal, I just imagined being a "special" it would be a little more value for money. The stunt show was boring, people danced they drove around in circles and people came out to attack, hilarity ensured and then suddenly it ended. Saying that, the theming and everything was pretty good.