Movie World's Fright Night 2012

kujotess

^ I think, from the review's I've read Main Street has been fairly packed, its nice opening up the road to the studios to where the two mazes are to help spread the crowds out, but I think as someone mentioned here before, add something to the back of the park around WWF to try and send crowds down there and space them out better. Maybe in future years be able to have WWF operate, another maze somewhere around there (I recall a maze being in the Intencity building one year and another in a tent next to WWF), and maybe throw in a show in the building, something like the Bill and Ted show Universal do. That giving the park, a show in HSD, the WW building, plus the shows and entertainment currently being offered in mainstreet. Maybe a few more people with chainsaws :P I've also been hoping to VRTP capitalise on Halloween and while the teenagers and adults head to MW, have SW get families and the young kids along for a family Halloween event, with a special parade maybe, lots of characters dressed up for Halloween, have some sort of Trick or Treat thing going and deck the park out with family friendly Halloween theming. That way the company can earn money from both having all ages able to attend a Halloween night spread across the 2 parks, the only thing is logistically it might be a bit hard for SW and they may need to up their ride count first!

The prices always go up when heading towards Halloween always went up $10 etc. Also please note that Online and paying at the booth is different as you save $10 online. For cap: Mw - could get 13,000 if lucky Wnw - could get 12,000 I think last year they had more SW - could get 13,000 people if lucky as well. I'm sure VRTP and Ardent Leisure only cares about revenue :P so a few people won't hurt but not for the companies Just quickly off topic, speaking of Dreamworld it states " 3 September to TBA - Bumper Beach" and no longer can be found in rides page :

Seems like a few people are pretty angry at the price hike. Someone posted this on Facebook:

‎$39.99 Fright Night Tickets ??? This is plain rude !!! A last minute cash grab for Movie World !!! There was no information in the ticket buying area on your webpage that stated this price was for a limited time. If I had personally known this, I would have purchased tickets immediately and not waited for other family members confirmation so I could buy them all at once. Now to buy all six tickets it will cost me and extra $60. Crazy considering I could have saved that. A little more notice and warning would have been nice. This is not fare to people. Previous years you have clearly labelled later shows in the month being more expensive and the earlier being cheaper. Why not have done this again, if the plan was to raise prices at a later date anyway. If it had been marked clearly from the start, I might have just got tickets to earlier months shows and saved some money. If I wanted the later shows, I would have known that it was going to be $39.99 and accepted it. When you change prices without warning expect angry and annoyed people. Me and my five family members now fit that category.

Edited by Bmull19

Are you kidding? It's appalling that they changed the price without telling anyone, and it's symptomatic of a sales department that has no well thought out strategy, but mearly make things up on the fly, and to hell with what that means for the customers. Same thing happens with the VIP passes every year, and now they are pissing people off with Fright Nights. If Movie World said right from the start: these nights are more expensive, no one reasonable would be complaining, but try didn't, they jacked up the price halfway through the season. It IS poor form, and there's no getting around it.

If Movie World said right from the start: these nights are more expensive, no one reasonable would be complaining, but try didn't, they jacked up the price halfway through the season. It IS poor form, and there's no getting around it.

Exactly this. The fact that the prices WERE advertised at 29.99 and THEN changed without notice to 39.99 is appalling. Had they always changed the prices for the nights that were more in demand, or advertised it.... No problem?

Does anyone know what you have to bring to the gate when you want to upgrade your VIP Gold Fright Night ticket to a pass if you had already used the free ticket on opening night? I know you bring $20 but do you bring the pass and the opening night ticket, my friend hasn't got her ticket from opening night anymore so can she just bring the pass?

Just got home now and I must say I was a little disappointed tonight. The mazes were great and the atmosphere was great too but there was about 1000000 more people than they should have let in. Thank good we did the mazes early as the queue for film and wd was back to the end of the walkway (studio end) and looked like it would take a good hour or two to get through. Psycho queue only to 15min must of the night. All rides except jl had 90 min waits. Jl was 5 minutes because i don't think many people knew what or where it was. Wasn't bad though. I'll part my review of that in the other thread though. Edit - As for Scooby here's what effects worked. Doors at the start 1 green laser. Here's what didn't work. - Camera blades - The head from the demon that's on tracks before the camera was missing - There was no smoke to be seen anywhere (Don't know if they took it all for FN) - No last drop laser - No turntable laser (hasn't been there for ages I don't think) - No other lasers bar 1 was working in the disco room Scooby normally - 8/10 (hardly ever has all effects working) Scooby this time - 1/10

Edited by reanimated35

I went Friday night instead. Figured the crowds wouldn't be as bad and judging by reanimated's post I was right, rides were about an hour, mazes only 15-20 minutes. It was my first Halloween event anywhere (excl Mickey's Halloween Party) and was really impressed with how the park looked and sounded. The number of characters on the streets surprised me too, wish they had that many during normal hours (sadly not realistic though). Death Derby was pretty corny but not as bad as what some here made it out to be. Club Blood was dead, although I left earlyish to beat the traffic jam. And yeah, Scooby definitely needs some maintenance, unfortunately none seems to be currently scheduled.

Just a heads up with the mazes at the back of the park (Film Vault and Walking Dead) The lines were spilling out towards arkham last night... and still the wait time was only 30 minutes. DO NOT be taken back by the size of the lines as they are getting through a heap of people in those mazes. I went last night and managed to get on Green Lantern and did all 4 mazes (Walking dead twice) and saw all the shows as well. It was a great night and honestly one of the best fright night's I had been to.

I'm heading to Fright Nights on Friday, and for some reason cannot remember what the rules were last year about entering the park. I'll be arriving at about 4:30 because I'm driving straight there after school, can I enter the park at 4:30 and then chill until 6 or will I have to wait outside the park until 6 to enter? Last year I remember entering the park at around 5 and we just had to wait in a sectioned off area around the fountain. I do have a VIP pass but I am using just a regular fright nights ticket to get in. Thanks for the help!

I'm heading to Fright Nights on Friday, and for some reason cannot remember what the rules were last year about entering the park. I'll be arriving at about 4:30 because I'm driving straight there after school, can I enter the park at 4:30 and then chill until 6 or will I have to wait outside the park until 6 to enter? Last year I remember entering the park at around 5 and we just had to wait in a sectioned off area around the fountain. I do have a VIP pass but I am using just a regular fright nights ticket to get in. Thanks for the help!

If you have a VIP pass, you can go in whenever. Just remember to show your FN ticket at the turnstyle to get a wristband then at 5 they will rope you into a section near that frozen coke stall close to the gate.