Seal Harbour @ Sea World

Sea World have just posted on their Facebook (https://www.facebook...aworldgoldcoast) a new attraction coming soon! Seal Harbour!! Looks great from the promo image "Fantastic news there is another new attraction opening soon! Seal Harbour is an amazing multi-million dollar exhibit, home to some of our cheeky Seals and Sea Lions. You’ll be able to watch the Seal’s basking in the sun, learn all about them and even have the opportunity to hand feed them! " And: "Seal Harbour is planned to open before Christmas :)"

Edited by themeparknut2011

Awesome, I've been waiting for something since the last Seal attraction left, and SW takes a step further at returning to the park I used to love and returning everything that left! Question is where does this go? Over near the Pirate ship I would think is too close to the rides, BT I thought we would be seeing the Water Coaster go there (at least until I found all these new attractions coming) or over in the plot of land they cleared near Dolphin Cove. Over near Dolphin Cove would seem like the most logical answer to me, but is public access easy and is there enough room over. Nonetheless VRTP just keep pulling more and more surprises out of their hat and makes that VIP Pass look all the more attractive over Dreamworld's... which surely by now they must be thinking "shit!"

Wow, two big attractions opening by next year. Hopefully they have a well built BIG exhibit. Unlike the small penguin encounter, which isn't big at all. I'd rather watch them in their native habitat then if Sea World builds a small cruel exhibit. http://www.goldcoast...heme-parks.html Here's some more information, if your two lazy to click on the link here is what it says... WITH a new multimillion-dollar home featuring pristine waters and a stunning private beach, it's no wonder Sea World's seals are smiling.The Gold Coast theme park has unveiled Seal Harbour, an interactive seal exhibit due to open in time for the Christmas holidays.It will be the first seal display at the park for six years, although seals do perform in one of Sea World's marine shows.Up to 20 seals and sea lions will call Seal Harbour home and they will live it up in spacious Gold Coast luxury while spectators watch the action from see-through boardwalks.Sea World's director of marine sciences, Trevor Long, said a lot of time and effort had gone into designing the exhibit."We really wanted to make this a really naturalistic environment," he said."We've spent a lot of time working on filtration to make sure the water will be crystal clear, there will be sandy-bottom lagoons and a brilliant white sand beach for them to laze on."It's going to resemble a large oceanic environment."It will be like paradise for seals."He said it would be the largest seal exhibit in Australia and continue Sea World's tradition of world-class animal spectacles.The 3.6-million litre pool will be split into three areas, including a nursery for tiny pups.Onlookers will also have the opportunity to handfeed the seals, who eat up to 20kg of fish a day.Seal Harbour will be home to Australian and Californian sea lions and New Zealand and sub-Antarctic fur seals. You have to look at these sketches of what it's going to look like, looks AMAZING. http://tools.goldcoa...tegory_id=42239 Sorry if this has all been said on their Facebook, but I haven't gotten the chance to look at it yet as it's blocked at school.

Edited by kujotess

This is going to be located behind Bermuda near penguin point and dolphin cove and the old pirate ship location is gonna be part of the water coaster

Is this going to take up the (correct me if i'm wrong) dolphin pool called Blue Lagoon? Check out the park map as I can't upload a screenshot right now... http://seaworld.com.au/visitor-information/park-map.aspx (E,5) Edited by kujotess

Is this going to take up the (correct me if i'm wrong) dolphin pool called Blue Lagoon? Check out the park map as I can't upload a screenshot right now... http://seaworld.com....n/park-map.aspx (E,5)

I'd say the area between the "Bermuda Building" and the "Meeting Place"'s bubble.

Dreamworld? What's Dreamworld?

Airhead Central. Edited by jjuttp

It will be the section behind blue lagoon if I'm mistaken and the water coaster will go up and around the bridge not under it. The banked turns will be used to move around the top of Vikings flume and around the bridge and the old pirate ship area but I'm not 100% sure just the info I've heard from ride ops (yes we know how good they are) but this does sound right. this ride will be huge

I'll be interested to see how the water coaster goes from Bermuda over to the old Pirate Ship area in back, if it happens. I was more hoping for a flat ride that would replace the Pirate Ship and get the ride count back up, but I won't complain about the water coaster being bigger. Also, should we split the thread now, one for the Seal attraction and one for what we presume is the water coaster replacing BT??

Hmm... I just got to say "hahahaha!" ^^^ I don't think the Water Coaster will be going across the old Pirateship area as you would have to cross the castle bridge but 1st over Jet Resuce and maybe Sea Viper. Could be possible but no it isn't. Just to far from the ride. The dirt you see there today is from the Seal Harbour construction site. Picture post-2699-0-55989900-1345622248_thumb.pn Thought I would say something. Also the Seal Harbour will be located at the lagoon

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hmm... I just got to say "hahahaha!" ^^^ I don't think the Water Coaster will be going across the old Pirateship area as you would have to cross the castle bridge but 1st over Jet Resuce and maybe Sea Viper. Could be possible but no it isn't. Just to far from the ride. The dirt you see there today is from the Seal Harbour construction site. Picture post-2699-0-55989900-1345622248_thumb.pn Thought I would say something. Also the Seal Harbour will be located at the lagoon

It's not like coasters haven't intertwined before...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...