How often do you visit?

aussienetman

How often do you visit?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you visit a WVTP property as a guest?

• Once a year or less
    • Twice a year
    • once every few months
    • once every couple of months
    • once a month
    • once a fortnight
    • once a week
    • more than once a week
  2. 2. How often do you visit a Dreamworld property as a guest?

• once a year or less
    • twice a year
    • once every few months
    • once every couple of months
    • once a month
    • once a fortnight
    • once a week
    • more than once a week

Hi all, I have an question I am interested in asking. How often do you visit the parks as a guest? What keeps you coming back so often (or not so often?) Is there anything the park could do to get you through the gate more often? Would love to hear everyones opinions. I'll get the ball rolling. In the past 12 months I have only visited WVTP for media events so not really as a guest. With JL opening soonish I will be purchasing a WVTP pass and will try and get there before christmas! Because I had a Dreamworld pass I did visit a few times but not a whole lot. I think if i lived closer I would visit more often. I am fairly happy with the direction of both companys atm so they couldn't really do much to change that at this stage. Nate

Edited by aussienetman

I still like the rides at both but because of my younger brothers we usually go to Dreamworld 'cause of the more kiddy rides. So, to get me through the door more movieworld would need to expand on kids rides... (Looney Tunes River Ride). For Dreamworld it would purely be the release of another big ride, and the removal of Mick Doohan Motor Coaster as a huge thrill ride.

I still like the rides at both but because of my younger brothers we usually go to Dreamworld 'cause of the more kiddy rides. So, to get me through the door more movieworld would need to expand on kids rides... (Looney Tunes River Ride). For Dreamworld it would purely be the release of another big ride, and the removal of Mick Doohan Motor Coaster as a huge thrill ride.

I disagree, personally I loved Mick Doohan Motor Coaster. Dreamworld does have 'kiddy' rides and 'big' rides. including: Giant drop, TOT2, and so on. Also the best 'kiddy' Park is Seaworld Edited by Ickabodd

I visit each park as a guest to enjoy the day out probably once every 2 years (so over 4 parks that's 2 visits a year). I step foot in the parks to do an update or have a quick look at something probably about every 6 weeks. The right type of new attraction would make me go more (SW's water coaster, JL and Seal Harbour will each get at least one full day visit out of me, Buzzsaw still hasn't enticed me) and I'll also visit White Xmas and Fright Nights if I've got the free time.

From the years 2000 until 2009 I would not be exaggerating by saying I visited MW at least once every week (13 times in 14 days at one stage) unless I was going to another theme park that week. After that time changes to the industry I work in put a stop to weekends off and as such to my attending parks so frequently. I will still get to MW once every three weeks tops and to other parks (SW, DW) once a year or so, however while my once a week trips were from open to close, these days they are more limited to 10am to 1pm as apart from the rollercoasters there is not much more to soak up the time. My typical day (towards the end of frequent trips) used to be: SDSC, WWF, PASS, Superman, Lethal, Lunch, Street Performances, PASS, BATR, Parade, PASS, LTRR and then repeat anything I wanted to do again. These days it is: GL, HWSD, Lunch, WB Kids Zone, look through shops, head home.

I visit a theme park (gold coast) at least every fortnight just because I love riding rides and watching the state of the parks change with construction of new rides like tomorrow I will be at movie world for 2 hours from 10-12 before I go to work and maybe Dreamworld on Monday even know I'm 24 its still about having fun and going to theme parks take the stress away and let me relax plus it's a great time for all our parks at the moment as we are getting new stuff all the time

I visit a theme park (gold coast) at least every fortnight just because I love riding rides and watching the state of the parks change with construction of new rides like tomorrow I will be at movie world for 2 hours from 10-12 before I go to work and maybe Dreamworld on Monday even know I'm 24 its still about having fun and going to theme parks take the stress away and let me relax plus it's a great time for all our parks at the moment as we are getting new stuff all the time

Ok, thanks for the responces.... I should have added a follow up question to this... How much money do you spend in park during a visit? Would a loyalty scheme (10 visits on ur pass and bring a friend for free, 10 visits and discounted merch/food on next visit) make u visit more often?

Given the food prices these days probably about $40-$50 if there for the day with lunch etc. As we have VIP/World Passes my partner & I will generally have lunch at home and head in from 1pm-5pm which saves us on lunch. To answer your over Q-probably not. I usually visit with other people that have passes anyway. Would like to see Annual Passes include a 10% discount on food & bev

I should have added a follow up question to this... How much money do you spend in park during a visit?

The first few times I spent bucketloads, too much, I got sick of paying more for less so I typically go around lunch time, grab something from Maccas before heading in at some point between 12-1pm. The most I'll spend now is maybe $6 on churros and $2 on a "hour" locker that I basically just leave my keys in and don't open till It's time to go. I spent more at Seaworld last Saturday however because I remembered how much I loved the vanilla waffles and sundaes they sell next to the monorail station, but that will be only on rare occasion. That's the way Theme Parks always seem to handle their park shops and food outlets, they draw you in with their pretty good food and then push you out after one purchase with generally depressed staff and high prices.

I could understand going to WDW for 14 days, but MW? I'd be bored after two days, let alone 13.

That instance was back when Gremlin Adventure, Movie magic Studio Tour and Maverick still existed so there was a fair bit to fill days and keep you entertained. Also spent a couple of days of those doing only one thing for example, Movie Magic Studio Tour only, Gremlins only, shows only (PASS, Maverick, lunch, PASS, Maverick, PASS), and so on.

Made it easier when you were always picked out along with a few other frequent annual pass visitors to do the sound stage, superman or the memphis belle stage. Was always lots of fun. The number of times I almost drained the splash pool for the final sound effect with water all over me was classic. Always a big response.

If I'm just doing an update I'll usually grab a fast food meal, just to keep my opinion up to date. When I've got my family (about 5 of us) with me then I'll spend about $100 on food plus another $50 or so on beer and coffee. On a side note, the cafe at Castaway Bay needs alcohol. There are a lot of parents who take a break at the entrance while the kids run themselves tired on the fortress, had alcohol been available I suspect I know the 3 adults in my family would've spent another $50 or so between us.

My food intake when I go to Movieworld consists 100% of churros, and only churros. I must say, Movieworld's food is a bit better than the garbage at Seaworld and Dreamworld. Last time I was at Dreamworld I almost died when I saw the cost of a crappy little burger.