Theme Park Holiday November 2012

Thatlldo

Gday everyone, I've got a 15 day holiday booked from 3rd November on the Gold Coast for me and the family. Have already purchased the myfun 3 park unlimited entry until June next year deal, and will get the DW/WW one too. Haven't been to Sea World since 1988!, Dreamworld since 1998, and have never been to Movie World or Wet n Wild so really looking forward to it. I've booked the holiday so that it was completely off peak (no school holidays or major events etc) and so that i don't miss any major rides due to maintenance. I only intend on going to the theme parks on the weekdays. How busy will they be? Will a lot of the rides be walk on? Is it worth preordering the Q4U?

I've never been to Movie World because i live in New Zealand! so its a bit of a long drive.. Really looking forward to the big rides at MW (superman, green lantern, batmans, scooby etc). Awesome alex - if the parks are empty on the weekdays i'll be rapt. I really wanted to hit them off peak so i could ride all the rides many times. Staying 5 mins walk from Cavill Ave, but i'll have a rental car for the whole time i'm there so getting to the parks for gate opening will be easy as. Can't wait for this holiday - I only went to Sea World and Dreamworld a couple of times back when i was a kid. The good old days of the Thunderbolt, Eureka Mine Ride, and Lassiters Lost Mine Ride ha ha. Things have certainly changed at the parks. I've got a GoPro camera. Do they let you take them on the rides? Cheers for the replies everyone..

I actually prefer visiting Movieworld when it's slightly busy. When I go on an empty day I'm pretty much done by 1 or 2. I guess if that happens to you you could always just drive over to Seaworld for the rest of the day. And no they won't let you take a camera on board.

• 2 months later...

Looks like we'll be there around a similar time.. --- Dreamworld Gold Coast: We’re going for 1 or 2 day trips during midweek next week (6-9 Nov 2012), haven’t been there for around 15 years. We’ll be a couple of adults, 1 6yo boy & a baby. We have a Holiday World Pass for each (http://shop.dreamworld.com.au/holiday-worldpass ) ("Unlimited entry into Dreamworld & WhiteWater World over 21 days from date of first entry"). - There appears to be 3 entries from the main carpark into the entire facility: 1) the Dreamworld main entry, 2) the Whitewater World main entry, and 3) the World Pass Entry. With our Holiday World Pass on our 1st visit will we be required to enter only via the World Pass Entry, and will we also need to go through some photo & pass printing process? - Apparently the Big Brother final is on Wed 7th November, one of the days we are considering going, might that be a good or bad day to go if we wish to enjoy many of the Dreamworld & White Water World rides & attractions with minimal queues etc. (not interested in seeing any of the Big Brother stuff there)? - Apparently Dreamworld has local “Parents & Kids Discount Days” on Tuesdays & Thursdays, presumably during certain weeks / times of the year – has anyone heard of this, con confirm they still do it and will do so during next week (6-9 Nov 2012)? If so we might try and plan to avoid those days to minimize crowds and queues. - The “Dreamworld Early Entry Tickets" ( http://shop.dreamworld.com.au/dreamworld-early-entry ) (Early entry from 9:00am on selected days only, Dreamworld only not White water World etc.) appear to be a good idea, however via the Dreamworld website it appears the only days you can select online for these are Sundays and Mondays over the next few weeks, is this right? Or should I contact them and see if it may be an option for later in the midweek? - The “Dreamworld Q4U” ( http://shop.dreamworld.com.au/dreamworld-early-entry ) (reserves a place in a virtual queue line, for selected Dreamworld rides only etc.) also seems worth considering for busier days and if we want to go on the “selected rides” (AVPX, Escape to Madagascar, BuzzSaw, Tower of Terror, Shockwave, Mick Doohan’s Motocoaster, Thunder River Rapids Ride, Wipeout, Rocky Hollow Log Ride, Cyclone, The Claw) multiple times etc. During a midweek day next week might it really be a good idea, anyone used it etc with feedback? - Any other Dreamworld & White Water World tips welcome, cheers. ---

- There appears to be 3 entries from the main carpark into the entire facility: 1) the Dreamworld main entry, 2) the Whitewater World main entry, and 3) the World Pass Entry. With our Holiday World Pass on our 1st visit will we be required to enter only via the World Pass Entry, and will we also need to go through some photo & pass printing process?

There is only an entry for each park. The "World Pass Entry" that you are referring to is an internal gate for use once you are inside either park. With any world pass you should be able to approach either Dreamworld or WhiteWater World's main entry and get in.

Most days of the week have lines as the VIP passes bring a lot of guest each day but normally Wednesday and Thursday are the quietest but on all days you should be able to ride all rides and shows depending on break downs at movieworld often green lantern, arkham and superman have been breaking down often but hopefully you get a lucky day