VIP Pass pricing

pushbutton

I'd definitely upgrade if it's only $20. I also agree the annual passes are too cheap. I even told the sales consultant that on the phone. It's not often I'll say this to anyone, but PLEASE CHARGE ME MORE for my annual passes! I only say this because I want to make sure the Gold Coast theme parks have a long and profitable future, and they can't possibly be making a profit by charging $90 for unlimited access to 3 parks for a whole year, it's ridiculous! I'd be happy with something like say $150 for annual pass to one park, $200 for 2 parks, and $230 for all 3. The if you want to upgrade to include the Halloween night, and maybe even one entry into the Australian Outback Spectacular, there could also be reasonable uptions to do so. At the same time as wanting to pay more for my annual passes, I should also point out that I expect every ride to be included, with no "upcharge" attractions in any theme parks. I also strongly object to paying $10 to use lockers in wet n wild. I'd much rather they charge more for the passes, then make the lockers something like $1 per hour (since most people don't stay there all day anyway, and that way they'd have more lockers available because people who are not there all day wouldn't be tying up lockers for the day just because they paid $10 and want their money's worth!

Are you seriously complaining that the passes are too cheap? You might be rich or something, but can you please never ask them to raise the price of the passes for the sake of others.

Given the amount of positive capex spent over the 3 parks in the past 12 months & what's coming in the next 12 months - I would have NO problem if VIP passes rose in price. I think $150 minimum for 3 parks - and that's still a crazy bargain. You have to remember its $70+ for one visit to MW, as you'd complain if it costs more than $90 to get unlimited access??

Yeah but no one but you's would want them to raise the price. Movie World seem to not care about it being supposedly 'cheap', so why don't you's just appreciate the price and stop complaining. The pass is only for QLD (and NSW I think) residents remember so other then that people have to pay around $80 for a one day general admission and $100 for a one park year pass. I think unlike you's the theme parks use their brains as if they started to raise the price of the annual VIP pass, people will stop buying it. Seriously, it's just common sense.

There are 285 days until June 30, 2013 (http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=how+many+days+until+june+20+2013) A one day ticket to Movieworld is $79.99 You have the potential to go to the park 285 days (doesn't matter if you would or not, this is just explaining the extremes) Had you not spent $99 on a pass you would need to spend $22797 So you think $99 isn't too cheap for a $22698 saving? Not including fright night and Christmas (or the other parks)

Edited by reanimated35

Yeah but no one but you's would want them to raise the price. Movie World seem to not care about it being supposedly 'cheap', so why don't you's just appreciate the price and stop complaining. The pass is only for QLD (and NSW I think) residents remember so other then that people have to pay around $80 for a one day general admission and $100 for a one park year pass. I think unlike you's the theme parks use their brains as if they started to raise the price of the annual VIP pass, people will stop buying it. Seriously, it's just common sense.

You's is not a word. And I doubt anyone would not buy a pass if they increased it slightly Raising the prices are common sense to me.

I'm really confused right now about what I'm trying to prove, but the prices shown above and now don't have that much of a difference and the prices shown above aren't for QLD residents only. All this VIP pass stuff now are for QLD and whatever residents only. Why don't you get a life and stop complaining that the prices are too low or just give the staff a big tip. Seeing as though you people don't have anything else reasonable to spend your money on other then theme park passes.

My post above is showing that tickets for MW alone for 12mths was $150 which people were willing to pay. We are getting a massive discount which we don't need. I've paid a few hundred for park passes before and I'd be happy to do so again. As for reasonable expenses? More than half my pay goes to my home loan. It's called SAVING which is something most people these days don't seem to understand.

^^ That, or we're not all poor, and so would rather pay more so the parks less packed, or see them have more money for reinvestment. Failing that, a tiered and better thought out ticketing system would suffice. Also FWIW, VIP passes are for anyone, including international guests. I'm not saying they should price themselves out of the market, but I am saying it should be more expensive for tourists, and people who'd like a few extra perks (admission during all the days of the school holidays, F&B discounts). When it's buy 3 get one free it's literally cheaper than paying for a one day ticket for 4 people. We want the parks to be successful and many people think that upping the VIP pass price would be an easy way for the parks to be more profitable.

Edited by joz

Agree with all comments above I think $149 for one park, and $199 for all 3 is still great value and would not price people out of the market. Still offer buy 3 get 1 free for families, and bringing in payment plans. A few years back I had no dramas paying $250 per pass with monthly payments by direct debits. Cheapos who think $150/$200 per year for annual passes to 3 parks is expensve clearly have no concept of value or business practices.

That's interesting brad, as I have done a little bit on branding and I have read that a low cost actually diminishes e brand in the eye of the public. With such a high standard at the moment, wvtp could afford to raise its annual pass and in doing so also increase the value of its brand and possibly make it even more of a draw card. I don't think they should raise the price until ltrr is replaced ur it makes business sense to do it.

It's definitely true the pricing yourself too low can effect your image or perceived value in the public arena. Given what we have seen in the last 12mths (GL, AA:ST) and to some in the next 12 mths (JL, Constrictor, SW water coaster) I think a price rise next year is definitely justified. From my experience in commercial management, price is not what the determining factor in buying decisions - its value. I'd argue that even at $199-$250 a ticket you get value with the VIP pass. However I would not necessarily agree that the DW world pass would offer the same value at that price point.

Where do Theme Parks get their money from? I am just asking because if it is anything like movie theaters, which get most of their profits from F&B and extras, I wouldn't think is really that much of a bad business decision to keep the VIP pass so low. I mean, think about it from this perspective, one ticket is $80, however the VIP is $100 ($110 if you buy at the gate). Not all the people think about going to all three parks when they come to the Gold Coast, at least I didn't when I came on holidays before moving up here. So maybe it is just a push to get them to go to 2 or 3 parks. That time I was just going to go to Movie World and Sea World (which would have been a total of $134 p/p after the discount vouchers I had). However, I spent $100 for the three parks and I ended up spending extra money in Wet'n'Wild (not $34 p/p but more around $20). Also, I did come back to the other parks before my trip was done and I ended up spending more than the $34 difference I initially saved. Not only that, but you have to think that not all the people that live close to the parks go all the time, I imagine not even most of us. If they put the price up, the amount of people that get the unlimited passes might decrease, even within locals, which means repeated visits during a year transforms into only a visit a year or even one every other year. Other thing is that over here we love theme parks and we know when they are good and what value we are getting out of it. However, not everyone has the same approach as us. You see, certain people that love certain band might pay $200 for a ticket, however, rest of us mortals that just find it "ok", wouldn't pay that much money. If we find tickets at a price we, the not band-lovers, find it adequate, we would possibly buy them. Is a thing of interest, and what I think they are doing here is creating interest through the pricing scheme they have. Not only that, but this is a continuing promotion, so maybe they like how this is working out for them. I am happy with the price they are offering us now. I think is awesome value for money, and that they are doing it for a reason. If the time comes and they put it back up again (specially after the next rides we are getting), then bring it, but for now it should only makes us happy and not to question why they are doing it, I mean, nobody likes to give away money, right? By the way, I went today to Movie World (again, fourth time in 6 weeks) and I had a blast. I even had no problem with the 45 minute wait on SE each time I rode it, I actually think the wait made it better.

Edited by Nacho Troncoso

kujotess, you're welcome to join in on the discussions here and post your thoughts, but I don't see what purpose it serves you to spend your own free time posting unnecessarily agressive posts without adding anything of value. No one here really cares if you agree or disagree with their views, but most would prefer to read coherent posts that actually add something and are worth responding to.

The price is at where it's at because the people who make the decisions believe that including all of the in-park charges, they can keep their cash flow up enough to at least sustain the park, what kind of reasoning would you want to pay more, just buy food and merch.

Edited by BemaniAK

Now I've heard everything.

What is wrong with what I said? It is my opinion, and nothing more than that. The reason is that whenever you get to a ride straight away without waiting at all, you don't get that anxiety before you ride it, you don't get to talk with whoever is with you there about your expectations and whatnot, and I haven't had that experience for a while until today (not even in Orlando, where I usually go in February and lines are not bad at all).

You can all complain and whine but at the end of the day the price isn't going to go up anytime soon so... post-29097-0-12438500-1347101259_thumb.p

Another intelligent pearl of wisdom from Kujotess Really? I'm all up for a discussion with someone with differing opinions - but you're not even putting up a valid argument other than 'this is what I think and everyone else is wrong'. Put some intelligence into your posts.