Lethal Weapon or Arkham Asylam

Ickabodd

Hi, I was just wondering whether to start a mini debate... I am.... Post ideas, arguments or just yes or no Ok I will start off: I went on the lethal weapon for the first times with one of my friends, I absolutely loved it, with loop-de-loops other thrills I thought it was the best ride ever!!!!! but when I read the comments (as I haven't already been on it) the Arkham Asylam is best by far??!! So I am very confused. so answer back with comments etc.. Thanks Ickabodd

Which is something I've been meaning to ask, does anyone know if management decided to buy the second train? With Summer coming up, their busiest period of the year, I was wondering if they were going to do something to help relieve those long lines it got last holidays and that wasn't even the parks peak period. Plus, no doubt, the park will be pulling a lot more visitors with JL!

Which is something I've been meaning to ask, does anyone know if management decided to buy the second train? With Summer coming up, their busiest period of the year, I was wondering if they were going to do something to help relieve those long lines it got last holidays and that wasn't even the parks peak period. Plus, no doubt, the park will be pulling a lot more visitors with JL!

Have not heard anything about a second train JL will pull more visitors but also absorb a hell of a lot too so whilst it would not doubt be more efficient running 2 trains, I don't expect queue times to be increasing any great amount beyond usual peak numbers

RE Second train: I think before they start looking at spending whatever the cost of a second train is, they need to look at the load and unload times. I don't know how they're going these days, but it wasn't uncommon on my last visit for it to take 6 mins between dispatches. The thing about that is if there was a second train, that'd mean a painful 2 mins sitting in the final brake run with those tight harnesses. If they can get load/unload down to about 2 mins then a second train is worthwhile, but until then whatever gains they would get from a second train could more cheaply and comfortably gained by improvements to loading.

I wish that they didn't change the Lethal Weapon theming and just changed the cars. As much as I love Arkham Asylum, the rides theming just doesn't look right. I loved the old Lethal Weapon theme with the stacked cars, barking dogs, China Alley etc. Now it's all just rushed wallpapers and the occasional batarang. Movie World should've held on to the Lethal Weapon brand instead of making yet another DC comics ride.

I hope that for the LTRR part they change it to another original Looney Tunes ride, I think that they still make original Tom & Jerry's now days so you never know if they will go back to original Looney Tunes episodes. Also, I hope they change WB kids zone back to something only about Looney Tunes like Looney Tunes Village, it's dumb how they changed the zone into WB kids when there is only Looney Tunes rides and attractions inside. They should've just let the show in the show stage be WB kids.

My nostalgic hard-on tends to make me bat for Lethal Weapon's China Town exteriors, look and atmosphere, which I think fit more comfortably with the Movie World I personally came to know and love. Beyond that though, Arkham Asylum is such a killer investment. My experience was that it was the perfect rehash/upgrade of a ride that wasn't getting much love from guests. And the new trains are so ridiculously great that the load/unload and the brief leg crushing are at best, minor details to a ride that's got way more lasting power then it ever did before, despite how awesome that old Lethal Weapon Cinema, the queue, and everything came with the Lethal Weapon theme was. If there was a parallel universe where saving Lethal Weapon or Police Academy was at all a possibility, I'd pick Police Academy any day of the week. The new Arkham Asylum is just better overall.

Edited by Slick

I hope that for the LTRR part they change it to another original Looney Tunes ride, I think that they still make original Tom & Jerry's now days so you never know if they will go back to original Looney Tunes episodes. Also, I hope they change WB kids zone back to something only about Looney Tunes like Looney Tunes Village, it's dumb how they changed the zone into WB kids when there is only Looney Tunes rides and attractions inside. They should've just let the show in the show stage be WB kids.

they have made a new Looney Tunes show it is on WB for kids on the week end.

Okay, I'll admit what I said is a bit unfair. The SLC layout is pretty cool, but it's been cloned so many times.

Sigh, saying that "clones are boring" is one of those stupid enthusiast cliches. If you were someone who had done heaps of theme park trips and had encountered a particular coaster type a lot of times, yeah you might get sick of them. Let me guess, everything at our waterparks are boring clones, after all how many of each water slide model exists worldwide? Tell me more about all the SLCs you have ridden... Edited by Gazza

Okay, okay. I'll admit I'm biased and being an asshole enthusiast. To the average member of the general public any coaster that's fairly big and goes upside down is exciting, and they usually wouldn't know or care wether the layout is original or not. SLCs just leave a bitter taste in my mouth and hearing them being praised bugs me lol. And on a side note, since you asked, I've been on 5 SLCs in total. Lethal Weapon/Arkham Asylum at Movieworld, Infusion at Pleasure Beach Blackpool, Blue Tornado at Gardaland, Kong at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom and Cape Cobra at Ratanga Junction. I don't even fully understand this argument. I simply stated an opinion, one that many enthusiasts happen to share. I just don't like SLCs. That doesn't make me a bad person.

Edited by alex_1