Theme Park food prices

kujotess

FFS it's McDonalds! The only thing about it is it's fast. If you want good, go somewhere else but the deal with maccas is its fast and that's great. Would you want them to work like KFC and other chains do? They are useless. All of you with high critiques of maccas food are probably spending WAY too much time there. As for the maccas accross from movieworld the staff there would have to be some of the best in the country so I call bullshit on any complainers.

Proof that McDonalds staff rush

Nope, that's proof that the staff don't care if you have sauce on the side of your bun. Subway sandwiches for example, take 4-5 times as long as a Maccas cheeseburger, and they're still very messy, and it's not because they rush, it's because they don't care, and until you pay more for the sandwiches/burgers/popcorn/churros/whatever, you probably shouldn't either. I've had everything from overcooked Waffles at SeaWorld to black popcorn at Movieworld. I've also had everything from a reverse Big Mac (Everything stacked opposite) to a Frappe with ice that was too big to go up the straw. Richard, considering Mcdonald's staff turnover, I highly doubt anyone but district managers even remember the old 60 second policy.

However in keeping in line with the "speedy service"(read Fast Food) concept invented by Dick and Mac(The McDonald's brothers), McDonalds employees, quite simply, ARE pressured to prepare these more complicated items with just as much speed.... They have 64 years of that "Speedy" history pressing down on them(regardless of weather or not exact current policy technically dictates it).

I'm sure all the High School kids and gap year employees care more about the policies from years ago than they do about just following the rules. As I've already said the speed of the service is a culmination of the pre-prepared food, and the mass burger production line, the policies that drove employees to burn their hands turning patties over on the grill as fast as possible are long gone.

So we are now saying that it is not that managers rush staff that this happens but that the staff have no customer service skills? That is much better...

Why would you expect them to? Mcdonald's Employees and just about every fast food server at movie world are paid rock bottom minimum wage. Edited by BemaniAK

You'll be surprised that the worst suburbs actually have the better Maccas food.... For example, you can't ever go wrong with Blacktown station's Maccas; perfectly made and better taste cause its not shit....

Didn't do Blacktown but the Maccas at Lansvale was shit. Only went to two whilst in Sydney and the one I returned to was the one in Auburn. It was also the best setup with a new system for orders. Say all you want about pricing but if the food is of good quality and served in a reasonable time frame (something Maccas at Coffs Harbour south need to learn) then I don't mind paying more. It is the very reason why I go to a place like Nandos over KFC on a regular basis.

Senior Management are not the ones making your burgers.

But senior management do dictate the way things get done. Poor management leads to poor work being done by the employees. Let us say a junior staff member finds a more efficient way of doing things than the current policy. They present it to the senior management who tell them to do it the way the policy states and not their way. Poor management has prevented increased productivity which would directly affect revenue and the overall customer experience. This in turn would affect how successful the business could become and repeat customers.

And six months later, that poor management team 'comes up with' an idea on a more efficient way of doing things than the current policy, implement it without testing and parade it as 'their' great idea. The thing about McDonald's, though - they rarely have 'poor' management. Those at the helm (of franchise or company) know only too well the value of innovation.

Well, to bring the subject back on topic - last i went to SW (bought an annual pass for all 3 parks last year, only went twice) food there was really expensive - $15 for one medium serving of chips and a drink. Buy 5 people (the amount of people i went with including me) that same meal - $75 total. Not worth it - so I usually head down to the fish n chip shop after a day at SW or MW.

Not related to food, but more related to 'quality' of a pass/still prices. I've noticed quite a few people complaining about the price of VIP passes and the value for money on the Facebook pages (and in at the parks). Just noticed this one: Name Removed If its a VIP pass then why do me n my kids hav to wait in line for a hour @ a time to ride one of yur rides..monies worth yeah..getn 3 rides in per visit is bully bull..

Shayne Berrell If its a VIP pass then why do me n my kids hav to wait in line for a hour @ a time to ride one of yur rides..monies worth yeah..getn 3 rides in per visit is bully bull..

Hmm... it seems to me that person is probably most likely a sufferer of 'badspellingitis'... and thats putting it nicely. '3 rides a visit?' haha lol. i dont think so, unless they're from out of town (i.e. gettin to MW takes longer than an hour or two) and probably end up riding something popular like SE. VIP passes = more bogans in MW/SW/WnW...

According to facebook he lives in ipswich. it's not like its THAT far away. And seriously? You paid $20 more than a single day ticket, to get into THREE parks... for a year? And you're complaining? FFS. Tosser.

That he probably is - plus 3 rides a visit... honestly you could take the kids to the kids WB world and let em have fun there - that will make them and him quite happy... either that or they just want to go on SE every single time... which takes about an hour to get into.

• 4 weeks later...

We just did the theme parks over the Melbourne Cup weekend and at Sea World I saw something I have never seen anywhere before, the $8.00 hotdog! I nearly fell over when my wife told me how much she paid. I said I would have handed them back to the vendor and said "You have got to be joking mate" and walked off. What a complete rip-off.

We just did the theme parks over the Melbourne Cup weekend and at Sea World I saw something I have never seen anywhere before, the $8.00 hotdog! I nearly fell over when my wife told me how much she paid. I said I would have handed them back to the vendor and said "You have got to be joking mate" and walked off. What a complete rip-off.

Welcome, and how much were you expecting?