Melbourne Day trip

Mort

Hello all. Making my first movie world day trip this Sunday. Going to cost around 360 to do it from Melbourne. Not too ba seeing as most people spend close to this on a night out! Flying in to brissy at 8am then hiring a car to get down to mw then flying back at 8pm. Looking forward to trying the Arkham an JL

You can say what if what if what if but to make sure youre not going up and it rains the whole day, its the best way to do it. Ive never had a flight delayed. And I only want to go to movie World, dont want to go to Surfers or anywhere else and this way it only uses a day and I dont have to take any time off work. Plus, a day trip is exciting!

360 is actually probably roughly how much it cost for me to have a Week long holiday up there last time(including air plane and Tickets to Sea World, Dreamworld and Movie World).... Why blow that much on a single Day Trip to Movie World?

Does Mort have access to free accommodation like you did? Very deceptive comparsion mate! A cabin at the decent caravan park over the road from MW is $120 a night, so for a 5 night stay that's $600.

^Dont be daft, an 'expensive option' (As you put it) would be staying at a high rise hotel in Surfers or similar. We're talking Caravan Parks, not the Hilton. Caravan parks cabins or motor inns cheaper/cheapest, especially when away from the tourist strip. Lets forget about backpackers for a second because not everyone necessarily wants to sleep in a dorm with strangers. Not denying it's not the cheapest option. $80 a night gets you a private room at YHA Surfers, but still no ensuite. You said the other option was a motel, the going rate for them is around $120 give or take, Twin room at Coomera Motor inn is $115 for instance, Golden Chain (Can hardly say they are luxury lol!) in Runaway bay is $135. Ensuite cabin at Treasure Island Caravan park ( <3 <3 <3 ) is $120 a night. Anyway, point is, why were you bragging that you did a week long trip for the cost of a one day one, if you were able to cut corners in ways Mort couldn't? Why did you?

Edited by Gazza

Yeah that's right 360 includes all costs. By flight gets in at 8 so even if it's delayed an hour would still get to mw at around 10:30. I'm pretty confident that first flight out of tulla in the morning will run on time. This while exercise is a bit if a risk but makes it that little more exciting. And tbh, I didn't want to stay over night (plus my mate has plans Saturday), I'm sick of grubby Gold Coast hotel rooms. If i was going to stay I would stay somewhere like the Hilton And its not worth the money when I can do a day trip. Il let you all k ow how I go! Sorry for the typos. Bloody iphone Sorry for the typos. Bloody iphone

Yeah that's right 360 includes all costs. By flight gets in at 8 so even if it's delayed an hour would still get to mw at around 10:30. I'm pretty confident that first flight out of tulla in the morning will run on time. This while exercise is a bit if a risk but makes it that little more exciting. And tbh, I didn't want to stay over night (plus my mate has plans Saturday), I'm sick of grubby Gold Coast hotel rooms. If i was going to stay I would stay somewhere like the Hilton And its not worth the money when I can do a day trip. Il let you all k ow how I go! Sorry for the typos. Bloody iphone Sorry for the typos. Bloody iphone

If your wanting a good hotel to stay at for a decent price (148 a night if your a rydges member which is free..) QT Gold Coast is an amazing place, clean... vibrant and amazing service and beds to die for. Much better IMO than the Hilton... and a much better price tag ;)

Hello all. Just thought I'd let you know that today was a huge success. Flight got in early, drive to MW only took 40 minutes got Superman, Arkham, GL, JL, spooky coaster and wild West done in an hour and a half. Saw most Main Street shows, stunt driver and then rode Arkham once more and Superman twice more. Awesome day, will definitely do it again some time. I think the Gold Coast 600 being on today kept crowds down. At the airport now waiting for flight home.

Edited by Mort