Movie World's White Christmas 2012

kujotess

The fact that you started off with 'completely objective and stating fact free from opinion doesn't mean thats what your post was...

• [*]...What crap [*]Load of bullshit

Okay Alex I'm going to take you task here, completely objective and stating fact free from opinion. Firstly what crap, the story about entertainment case is a load of bullshit. There are heaps of ADDITIONAL performers but that's it. As for the lights, really??? The installation is much neater and with way more attention to detail than last years. The designs are also the same as last year so NFI what you're basing your comments on.

And I'm curious how the installation is much neater and with way more attention to detail than last year, if the designs are all the same??? WTF?

Like I said I wasn't putting any opinion into my statement and wasn't being defensive. To me your 'rumour' posting seemed to imply an insult. No I had nothing to do with the lighting installation and in your original post you said main street lights. Not park wide. And I state again the main street lights are without doubt the neatest they've ever been and I have photos to show this. I feel you didn't like aspects of the night and then starting finding other things to pick on. I know people who do work on the install read this stuff and if I were them I'd be pretty upset to read such comments after they worked so hard.

I don't really see how I was implying an insult by saying the entertainment cast refused to work the event, so they hired in externals, and staff from their other parks? You were being defensive otherwise you wouldn't have started with 'what crap' and 'load of bullshit'. You were angry at my comments, and it shows in your choice of language. And I said main street lights because they were the ones that I saw last year. Scooby and wild west weren't lit up in the slightest last year - they only had ambient lighting from LED pars and uplighting. So my comments on those hedges and tall trees, although I found them disappointingly messy, were not those that I was comparing to the efforts from last year. My comparison was the lights on main street. And I admitted that perhaps I was being overly critical because of the poor experience I had, and you may well have photos of a completed installation to compare with last years completed installation, but i'm not talking about photos of a completed job, i'm talking about an outdoor installation that has been up for a month, within reach of the general public - and what i saw on the buildings on main street (if you wish for me to be specific - i'm talking about the wall between Roxy and the collectable shop, above harry potter, and above the photoshop were sections that just didn't look as neat as they could have been. I think the crews who do this work do a spectacular job - If you go back to the fright nights thread you'll see I was all praise for the work that had been put into it, but in my opinion, the lights were better last year than this... and i'm sorry if you disagree, but nothing will change my mind on that. You may not have done the work yourself, but you must admit there is a little bias in there somewhere... I rarely have something bad to say about all that VRTP does, and when I do, it's usually minor detail that the average Joe doesn't take note of, that I don't make a big deal of but point it out as an item of interest. In this case, I felt the lights could have been better DOWN MAIN STREET, and thats that.

Always the same with me? Have you got me confused with RWC or something Rappa? I'm not unreasonable, and I don't make statements of opinion as fact. I gave every concession in my follow up that I may have been influenced or biased by other events on the night, but my view is my view. I don't mean to offend anyone who has done the job, but in my opinion, it was as I described. I'm not arguing - i'm just stating my own view... something we've established that everyone on these boards is entitled to.

My personal short opinion - 2011 was better then 2012. Shows were not that good, held in a terrible place (under big screen). Parade was good, not amazing though. Too packed (too many annoying pushy parents). Very awkward to walk out of every night with my mum because it was usually a boring letdown, i was pretty much telling myself that it was good just to keep on going on through the nights, but really it was shit. 6/10. My biggest suggestion - HAVE A SHOW WITH A STORY (NOT JUST CAROLS) IN THE SHOW STAGE OR THE STUNT DRIVER PIT, SEATS FOR EVERYONE.

Edited by kujotess

I

HAVE A SHOW WITH A STORY (NOT JUST CAROLS) IN THE SHOW STAGE OR THE STUNT DRIVER PIT, SEATS FOR EVERYONE.

I wasn't able to attend this years event, but I have always thought the previous years event was centred around Main Street too much, and of curse when it is centred around Main Street it is going to get very very crowded. I have always thought the show stage should be utilised for a small Winter Wonderland/ North Pole walk through, with perhaps Santa Claus at the end for the obligatory up charge photos. Some sort of show in the Stunt Driver arena is also a decent idea.