Movie World's White Christmas 2012

kujotess

I don't know if anyone but me has noticed yet but the dates have been released on the website. - http://movieworld.com.au/rides-and-attractions/family-entertainment/white-christmas.aspx So Friday 14 December, Saturday 15 December, Sunday 16 December, Friday 21 December, Saturday 22 December and Sunday 23 December are the dates for 2012. I'm really looking forward to this as it's not all in one week like in 2011 and 2010 (I think), but spread out through the month like Fright Night. I know it's two weekends in a row but it's better then every night in one week in a row. Also I love how it's on the 23rd on December, the night before Christmas Eve! What I hope for this year is that they make some changes to the parade and add a few new things, unlike the last 2 years where it was all the same. I also hope they get some new shows, preferably the Looney Tunes one as I saw that 7 times last year and I don't really want to watch it another 6 times this year. What are you guys looking forward to? What do you think should be changed from the last 2 years?

Edited by kujotess

I don't know if anyone but me has noticed yet but the dates have been released on the website. - http://movieworld.co...-christmas.aspx So Friday 14 December, Saturday 15 December, Sunday 16 December, Friday 21 December, Saturday 22 December and Sunday 23 December are the dates for 2012. I'm really looking forward to this as it's not all in one week like in 2011 and 2010 (I think), but spread out through the month like Fright Night. I know it's two weekends in a row but it's better then every night in one week in a row. Also I love how it's on the 23rd on December, the night before Christmas Eve!

The dates were released either the same time or about a week after fright night dates were.

What I hope for this year is that they make some changes to the parade and add a few new things, unlike the last 2 years where it was all the same. I also hope they get some new shows, preferably the Looney Tunes one as I saw that 7 times last year and I don't really want to watch it another 6 times this year.

So why did you go to every night last time knowing it was going to be the same?

What are you guys looking forward to? What do you think should be changed from the last 2 years?

I'd personally like to see Christmas theming around all the ride entrances/queues of the rides they have operating.

It was easy to miss, for reasons best known to Movie World, the shows they had (there were 2 from memory) took place just before and after the parade. Problem with that of course is that before the parade is when when the best viewing areas for the shows (IE the middle of the street) are being cleared of guests, and after was when people were leaving en masse so no ones paying attention to the lights.

Gold pass only \ VIP Gold Pass Terms and Conditions

• [*]
Limited tickets available for Fright Nights and White Christmas, bookings essential via themeparks.com.au [*]Offer available until 31 October 2013. VIP Pass $99.99 when purchased at ThemeParks.com.au or myfun.com.au. $109.99 when purchased at theme park front gates [*]VIP Pass $99.99 when purchased through 133 FUN together with a $5.95 booking fee per transaction. Not available with any other offer [*]Credit Card surcharges apply Edited by reanimated35

The website is underway with what I think is a new description. - http://movieworld.com.au/White-Christmas/Overview.aspx Share in the joy of a wonderful White Christmas adventure with your whole family as you follow the magic of Christmas to Movie World. Create everlasting memories that you’ll treasure forever as your favourite theme park is transformed into a winter wonderland. Gaze at the glistening snowy sky lit up by a dazzling display of one million fairy lights and feel the magic as you sing along with the cheerful Christmas carollers. Enjoy an amazing Christmas Parade extravaganza where all of your favourite characters come to life in a spectacular display of colour and light, and join Santa and all his helpers in the most magical Christmas event of the year.

Edited by kujotess

Christmas decorations are all in place up and down Main Street. While it looks fantastic, we are only at November 6. Sure not as bad as the shops that had Christmas decorations up while they were still heading into Halloween but seriously, if it only takes 5 days max to turn around from Fright Nights to White Christmas why did it have to be done so soon?

if it only takes 5 days max to turn around from Fright Nights to White Christmas why did it have to be done so soon?

There is more to just putting up the decorations and being done with it. On the surface it may seem like they are all ready to go, but there is a whole lot of behind the scenes stuff that would need to happen, connecting them up, programming and test and adjusting as examples. Also as we saw above, they have to get the television commercials out in order to sell the tickets to the events, in which case you will find the spots will be going to air ASAP, and not a week after the event has started.

I'm working on a totally unrelated christmas lights display for this year too. The first string of lights went up on October 23rd, and it still isn't finished (i'm doing it outside of normal work hours). I started programming it (from scratch) about a week ago, and am still troubleshooting bugs as this kind of display hasn't been done by me before. (My thanks to those who provided some words of advice - they know who they are). Many in the area commented that they thought we'd started too early, and it's been essentially 'in test' every night for the past week. At this stage it'll probably take another 2 weeks before it is finished, by which time, it'll be time to 'go live' with it anyway. Given the scale of what i'm involved in, compared with what MW are doing - I don't blame them for having the park turned around 5 days after Hallowe'en...

Myself and my parents have done lighting displays for the last 9 years or so... I know how much work goes into it for a family to decorate their home and time as well. Starting early for these people are definately a must as they have to fit it around their working week. MW meanwhile has technicians that do the work, get paid to do the work, and so do the work more efficiently. I am also sure there is more than just 4 or 5 technicians to do this work so a larger amount of work will get done much faster. Comparing the two is completely unfair on everyone involved in either process. What I am saying is that given the facade took no more than 5 days to put up I don't, IN MY OPINION (so no one can say I didn't say it) understand why it was done so early. I'm not saying leave it right to the last minute... Given the first night is not until Friday 14 December there is more than a month until that date and assuming a 5 day week for the technicians and that the work is done outside the park operating hours not to disturb the park by day. Light bulbs could be checked months in advance on the buildings which is one of the more lengthy processes involved in Christmas light displays. One year we had more than one million fairy and led lights used in a display. 3 of us spent most weekends from the beginning of August testing each strand and replacing thousands of individual bulbs. Although we started putting up the display in mid November, we did not put up any definitive Christmas related items until required for judging, usually the last week of November. Putting out the fake snow, wreaths and garlands could have been left up to the last minute as they are Christmas specific items. The lights are up all year round and if connecting, programming, testing and adjusting are required for these, this process can be done for months in advance. As far as TV spots are concerned, time and again old footage has been used, even the image in this thread only needed the float, the characters in season relevant costume and the image of children looking out a snow speckled window could be taken anywhere with a green screen. *Everything mentioned above is based from my opinion and my life experiences. I understand that some may not share my view as it is presented above as it is counterproductive to their point of view which they are entitled to... Hmm might make that my new signature...