kujotess

Movie World's White Christmas 2012

84 posts in this topic

In relation to decorations being up early doesn't the park offer a Christmas event available to companies. Companies start having their Christmas parties around this time of year. What if, and I know this is a big if, the park has put up decorations early so they can take bookings for private Christmas themed events after hours and make extra money that way. With major weekends in December unavailable due to the White Christmas event I am sure they would need to look at doing private booking around a month out from when the public event starts.

Christmas decorations are all in place up and down Main Street. While it looks fantastic, we are only at November 6. Sure not as bad as the shops that had Christmas decorations up while they were still heading into Halloween but seriously, if it only takes 5 days max to turn around from Fright Nights to White Christmas why did it have to be done so soon?

And this is why we can't have nice things.

With regard to the corporate christmas parties, I just want to mention that a lot of the movie world corporate parties are done on weeknights. (at least the one we went to last year was). It took me a good 10 minutes of trawling through the myfun and themeparks.com.au sites before i could find anything for this years events. Looks like a 'fire and ice' theme this year, but as yet no dates. $99 per person is really good value, and it seems they're looking at doing corporate parties at SW, AOS and SWR&WP... http://myfun.com.au/myfun/events/christmas%20events.aspx

I like the ad (more-so than I did the Fright Night ad) and I think it definitely gets the message across that this is a family event (and glad that it says bookings for VIP Gold are essential...).

Movie World adds another White Christmas with Tuesday and Wednesday nights approaching capacity... http://movieworld.com.au/white-christmas/overview.aspx