I'm heading over to the USA in a couple weeks time, and visiting the parks in California and Florida. I've got 1 day at Magic Mountain, and the plan is to hit the park on a Saturday (off season). On top of being a Saturday, apparently there is going to be a junior cheer leading meet at the park on that day :/ So I'm seriously considering a Flash Pass. Has anyone had experience with the Flash Passes at SFMM? Is the Gold Pass good enough, or should I seriously consider buying a Platinum pass to make the most of my day? Other than that, are there any general tips/tricks/thoughts on how to tackle the park when I get there? Unmissable rides, other than X2?

Not sure the date you're visiting but keep in mind It's Thanksgiving week from November 17 to 25 so lots of people will be on holidays. The park will likely be very busy on Saturday unless it's raining. Get the Platunum - It's $105 (only $30 more than Gold). I'm guessing you wont be visiting the park in the next 5 years so just spend the extra $ - you wont regret it.

thanks for the advice. I will definitely run to X2, provided that the bus tour I've booked gets there on opening time! If not, considering i'll have a flash pass, X2 and Drop of Doom will be the only rides with a really long wait since they aren't offered on the flash passes. Should be a fun but full-on day.

Edited by Luke

thanks for the advice. I will definitely run to X2, provided that the bus tour I've booked gets there on opening time! If not, considering i'll have a flash pass, X2 and Drop of Doom will be the only rides with a really long wait since they aren't offered on the flash passes. Should be a fun but full-on day.

On a gold and platinum flash pass you can buy a ride on X2 (limited availability) and on a platinum you can for Lex Luthor: Drop of Doom (limited availability too)

The loose items policy at SFMM, would you say it's as strict as Superman at MW? It says on the website they have lockers, but you can take certain items on with you if you have secure zip pockets (cargo pants). I'm thinking of just hiring a locker at the entrance, stuff my main stuff in there (backpack). Then just take sun glasses, wallet camera and phone with me? Or should I just pay the couple dollars at each individual ride locker for convenience, so I don't have to walk back to the front of the park all the time?

If you're splashing $105 on a flash pass, an extra few bucks for the ride lockers isn't going to hurt you. On X2 you could just dump your stuff near the lockers on the ride platform (most people did) and pray that it was still there when you got back. Others were a bit stricter and were at the front or halfway along the queue.

Edited by westical