Dreamworld's Festival of Happiness

jjuttp

THIS SUMMER AT DREAMWORLD WILL BE AWESOME

Dreamworld and WhiteWater World are full of surprises this summer with a host of new attractions opening including the latest DreamWorks Experience precinct, Kung Fu Panda: Land of Awesomeness featuringBig 8 Thrill Ride, Pandamonium. Plus Wiggles World's new Big Red Boat Ride opening soon and the Big Brother House is now open to guests. Stay tuned for more details on Night WhiteWater World events every Friday in January and how to join the Big 8 Challenge for your chance to win a Big Brother House party for you and 20 mates!

Here's the full press release:

Dreamworld and WhiteWater World are full of surprises this summer with a host of new attractions opening including the latest precinct from DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc., Kung Fu Panda: Land of Awesomeness featuring Big 8 Thrill Ride, Pandamonium. Plus Wiggles World’s new Big Red Boat Ride and the Big Brother House is open to guests. Start your day in the ancient Chinese village that is Kung Fu Panda: Land of Awesomeness, opening in summer. This land will be home to Big 8 Thrill Ride, Pandamonium, the new Skadoosh bumper car ride and the Kung Fu Academy, specially designed for junior masters in training. When you arrive at Pandamonium, be sure to choose your queue line carefully because this swinging rickshaw ride is an adventure with a serious split personality. Mini quest seekers can choose the ‘not-so crazy’ line to enjoy a rickshaw chase adventure. Spinning round and round, and swinging side to side you will need to harness your Kung Fu endurance for this ride even on its calm rotation. Big 8 Thrill Ride enthusiasts will find happiness in the ‘seriously crazy’ line for a cycle that will send you round and round, side to side and upside down at up to 3.8 G-forces. Soaring eight metres high under the watchful eyes of the mighty dragon, only martial arts masters will be able to outlast these 150 seconds of kung-furious pandemonium. Visit the Skadoosh bumper cars to learn what it takes to drive a dragon before visiting the Kung Fu Academy where the kids can harness their martial arts skills. Then gather the troops at the Furious Five Fountain or find Po, the Kung Fu Panda himself for a unique photo to remember your day. For Wiggly fans, the ultimate place to be is Wiggles World, soon to be home of the brand new Big Red Boat Ride. Bobbing back and forward and twirling round and round, the Big Red Boat Ride is a smooth sailing sea-worthy adventure that will have kids laughing and squealing with delight. Perfect for the whole family, mums and dads will enjoy this ride as much as the kids and it’s a great chance to make some life-long memories and enjoy some Dreamworld happiness together. Big Brother fans can access the house to roam the rooms where the Housemates inhabited and see what it’s like on the other side of the cameras from Saturday 17 November. Check out the Diary Room, swing by the bedroom and check out the entertainment areas in the backyard to experience a television set. When school breaks this summer, teens can take the Big 8 Challenge. From Friday 7 December there will be five weeks to complete eight challenges with awesome weekly prizes awarded to the most impressive online entries. Complete all eight challenges for the chance to win a Big Brother House Party for the winner and 20 mates valued at over $7000. World Pass holders can enjoy even more happiness at WhiteWater World with big thrills on slides The Wedgie and The Green Room, splashing fun in the Pipeline Plunge or simply chilling out in the Cave of Waves. Littlies can learn to love the water at WhiteWater World’s Wiggle Bay. Complete with wading pools, splashing buckets and mini slides, it is a fun and safe place to let the kids play. Summer nights are bound to swelter this January, so grab the swimmers and some mates and head to Night WhiteWater World held every Friday night in January. Starting at 6.30pm the park you love so much during the day, is a whole new experience at night. Imagine plunging down The Wedgie, dropping into the Green Room in the dark or chillaxing in the Cave of Waves as you star gaze. Night WhiteWater World events will be held on the 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th of January and tickets are just $25 per person or get together with four of your mates and save with tickets just $20 each.

http://about.dreamwo...ia-release.aspx

Obviously dreamworld has there facts wrong ;)/>

there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there there Anyway....I thought someone said they were the wolves? :P/> Edited by Gazza

I never said they were the wolves - I said they look like the wolves to me - Which at the time was the closest thing I could think of from the flm series, and was my own opinion and therefore could not be right or wrong, although you so nicely as community leader said "Fail. They look nothing alike." While not being constructive and offering your own input, or better idea. and Yes there is a difference between Chinese Lion and Dragon Dances - But most people will just refer to both as "Dragon", but does is really matter what Dreamworld calls them?

and was my own opinion and therefore could not be right or wrong

Actually, opinions can be wrong, if the basis for the opinion is incorrect.

and offering your own input, or better idea.

I did offer my own input...Saying that: the eyes look different, the nose looks different, the colours are different, so how is it possible for it to be the wolf character in anyway? Being the "closest thing" still counts for nothing, because in attractions with branded characters, they'll work to a 100% resemblance or else how would people/kids recognise the character.

I said they look like the wolves to me

<Bangs head against wall> But why even pursue the line of thought for more than 2 seconds??? I mean, Maggie Simpson and Lisa Simpson both have yellow skin, big round white eyes and yellow spiky hair. Maggie is the closest thing to looking like Lisa, but you'd still never go and point out that one is the other right? ____ I'm interested to know how this two queue arrangement will work?Will cycles alternate with full loads of gentle or insane? Half and half seats for each cycle type? Or the best option...dynamically allocating to ensure both options have the same queue time (Eg if 3/4 of guests want to ride insane, they get 3/4 of the seats). Edited by Gazza

I would personally think that half the cars rotate and half don't and they go around at the same time. Same way there is 2 queues for the ferris wheel at DCA with the fixed and swinging cars. ed - Meaning there is going to be a lot of angry people waiting in line for their chosen option. (People will complain about anything)

Edited by reanimated35

I'd imagine all the vehicles can spin at full tilt, but some just wont on each cycle due to programming. Personally, I'd have it so the operators can determine on a cycle by cycle basis how many gondolas will be running the insane cycle, with appropriate loading procedures and ride controls to achieve this.

I think the idea of ride ops controlling each car on a cycle by cycle basis is a dangerous one. Really, it's people doing it, and it would be inevitable that eventually someone is going to get the intense ride they don't want/can't handle and there would be all sorts of hell to pay, plus ops double checking each cars prefered intencity will slow down the cycle time. I reckon it'd be best to have set vehicles do a tame program and make them look obviously different and make sure the guests in the queue know the difference (as well as directing them to the correct cars at boarding time). The only drawback with that is Dreamworld would only have one chance to get the proportion of tame rides v intense rides correct, but to me that makes the most sense.

Edited by joz

From the Zamperla website:

Several ride cycles have been developed to allow operators to adapt the ride to different target audiences and to attain the theoretical hourly capacity of 480 riders.

http://zamperla.com/...etails-air_race I really doubt that they'd operate the two levels in the one cycle. If it was locked in with different levels for alternating cars, that would cause annoyance whenever one line is longer than the other. This would cause the ride to operate at a limited capacity even when there is a full line.

^ You need to cater for your average idiot though. While the op might know what lights to look for, will the average idiot be paying enough attention to notice the lights? IMO a giant painted section on the ground would be more obvious. Eg: Intense ride = Brown (helps to hide the mess if you get a little too scared before/after the ride) Calm = Green Or something like that.

The other issue with having 'some of each' on the one cycle means that the 'gentle' gondolas would generally take less wear and tear than the 'extreme' gondolas. Low speed operation generally doesn't have as much impact as high speed... I personally think (as already stated) that it will just be two queues - one gentle, and one extreme. Rides alternate between the two (unless of course one of the queues is empty in which case they can cycle two three in a row). The only thing necessary here is for the operator to be able to manually choose which cycle type is used, rather than have the computer programmed to do one extreme, one gentle, one extreme - because if there are no 'gentle' riders in the queue, and everyone wants extreme, they'd have to cycle it empty to get it to the next program. Something i've just thought of there though - how many families stop and watch a ride to see whether it would be appropriate for children? How many would see the extreme cycle and walk away thinking it's too much? And how many would see the gentle cycle, queue up expecting to get a gentle ride, and be put on extreme instead? The signage would need to be EXTREMELY clear on these points if the ride was to alternate cycles. A greeter would probably need to be out the front too, to explain it to those who don't read signs (99.9% of guests) and ensure they entered the correct queue.... and we all know how great Dreamworld is at running rides on minimal staff...

i know they said that there will be two different queues but in theory, wouldn't it be much easier if the guests chose which ride type the want when they get on the ride at the start i.e. two buttons with red/green for extreme/gentle? This way, it shouldn't happen that some cars wear out before others as it is completely random. However, it probably take a lot to make one of these systems