Dreamworld's Festival of Happiness

jjuttp

Something i've just thought of there though - how many families stop and watch a ride to see whether it would be appropriate for children? How many would see the extreme cycle and walk away thinking it's too much? And how many would see the gentle cycle, queue up expecting to get a gentle ride, and be put on extreme instead?

I agree 100% with this point. We watch each ride with our Son first and he decides whether he thinks it's too scary or not. If he saw a cycle with people being flipped about and screaming I would probably not be able to convince him to go on it, even if he'd also seen the gentle cycle. That being said, he is only 4 and probably a few years off riding this one regardless. Is there any indication of what the restrictions are for this ride yet? And will they be different for the two different cycles?

Just a few things I've noticed around the park. 1.The Dreamworld Tower has had its Tower of Terror letters painted. Looks like new! 2. The Claw has been repainted, the floors and concrete have been repaved and the roofing has been replaced. Looks like new! 3. Main Street buildings are currently getting a coat of paint. 4. Alot of much needed repaving is going on around the park. 5. A large facade "chinese" themed entry has been built next to gamesite and the toilets. 6. AVPX has been repaved out front and the storage box has been moved. 7. Buzzsaw queue line is closed off leaving a simple entry through the main switchbacks, both service doors are open for airflow. I'm guessing they are addressing a few things. 8. Big Red Boat has been constructed. 9. The new air race has been constructed. Looks great! The gondolas are themed to a wheel cart type of thing. 10. Buzzsaw's ride audio is working as you go up the conveyor.

Audio on BuzzSaw? Take that Green Lantern! I noticed last month the queue had changed, although I couldn't work out how it used to be (only ridden it once before). I had to pretend to be an employee and move the chains around a bit though, everyone thought the line started near the doorway rather than down one of the rows. At least I've got a backup if my current career fails...

As you go up the conveyor you can hear jack the ghost say something following by the buzzsaw spinning sound continuously going while the ride is in motion. The speakers are mounted on the access stairs in twos on each side of the track. It can be hear throughout the park in the morning. It must switch off after like 12. It's interesting to hear when you are at the front entry.

Audio on buzzsaw?? That's novel and never heard it mentioned before - even by DW Air Race constructed already?? The containers only arrived last week!

Most Zamperla rides are built to be transported, even park versions. The structure is up, they are doing all the electrical/ride control stuff now and the landscaping around the ride

Really hope Pandamonium is open when I visit next monday (not tomorrow), they could possibly get the theming and electrics done in a week... Anyway, it looks very well themed. Also love the other touches Dreamworld are doing, real step in the right direction!

Edited by alex_1

Really hope Pandamonium is open when I visit next monday (not tomorrow), they could possibly get the theming and electrics done in a week... Anyway, it looks very well themed. Also love the other touches Dreamworld are doing, real step in the right direction!

There's a chance it may be in a soft opening by then... That's the first day of the school holidays in Qld so park will be packed! I've heard they want it fully operational by a week out from Xmas