Sign in to follow this  
Richard

The Parkz Update: Sea World November 2012

7 posts in this topic

I remember a long time ago (circa 1994), Sea World did have paper straws for drinks. They did get phased out for a while, so it's good to see them back. Agree the show building resembles an 80's K-mart (or even older), but that is similar to the age of the show building, so not entirely beyond believable comparison... The fish food feeder returned a little while back, not long after the update that cited it's removal, so perhaps just a temporary issue with that at best?

"Who else reckons the show building looks a bit like a 1980s suburban K.Mart?" - YES!!! Good call. In regard to the building, I noticed they have taken off most of the back wall and the side panels off the roof. Anyone have any clues why they might have done this? Would it just be to facilitate better access during contruction? I also noticed on Google maps that there is a side part of the building (on the flume ride side) which juts out and extends along the length of the building towards the back. It almost looks like a tunnel section. I'm assuming it was the splashdown and run-out for the first drop? Anyway, when looking at these construction pics, it doesn't seem to be there anymore. Did they remove this too?

It is possible that the New Water Coaster could possibly be called Storm due to the Amount of Advertising using these Catch Phrases - There's Gonna be a STORM and Get Ready for the STORM

Sea World have already released four possible names:

Sea World is launching a new attraction themed around an immense sea storm. Which Name do you prefer? Storm Coaster (5%) Storm Runner (8%) Storm Rider (33%) Storm Chaser (54%).

Further discussion can be found in