What will replace Looney Tunes River Ride?

WED99

It is usually quite empty in that whole area near the Arkham Asylum, It is a large space, but it doesn't lead to anywhere. It is more of a courtyard area. I reckon something could be put here.

I agree that more should be added, but backstage space doesn't really allow it. Scooby and Superman's buildings confine it.

And it'd fit the theme - after escaping the Joker's 'treatment', you could escape Arkham Asylum in the Batwing...

My current theory is that batwing spaceshot is literally launching into space, and that's how Batman gets up to the Justice League watchtower (Where he is commanding from in the JL3D ride) Nah Silly me, the Justice League have teleporters don't they?

• 1 month later...

Any news on this? Seems odd they still haven't done anything with the space

Nope... havent heard any new news on this topic either! My guess is that WVTP are focusing on the new attractions opening up in sea world this and next year. Further, MW has recently seen a refurb of lethal weapon (aka arkham asylum) and justice league. Doubt anything will happen in that space till at least 2014/ 2015. :(

If Looney Tunes River Ride gets demolished (including the building) MW could put a wooden coaster where the ride and The Marvin rocket ride was But movie world surly has to do something for anyone knows the boats were found at the SAW maze (2010 one) location I can tell you those boats are gone so the ride system is getting demolished any more ideas?

If Looney Tunes River Ride gets demolished (including the building) MW could put a wooden coaster where the ride and The Marvin rocket ride was But movie world surly has to do something for anyone knows the boats were found at the SAW maze (2010 one) location I can tell you those boats are gone so the ride system is getting demolished any more ideas?

I'm hoping the building does NOT get demolished. This would leave an opportunity for another excellent dark ride. And going by Warner Village's record, they do seem to prefer to keep existing buildings and re-use where possible

^ you can forget a woodie going there- not unless its an indoor one and why would any Park ever do that? Either that or they buy a couple of whole streets behind and bulldoze the houses first? Yup, not gunna happen. I agree it will still be a some time yet before anything happens but sooner or later it will! For those of you who know me on here I hope you agree I am often pretty good at predicting whats in store. You may have also probably recognised the future of this attraction is my favourite Parkz topic. I really really hope they dont fuck this one up and the fact that its taking so long before a decision is made gives me confidence they will do a fantastic job. I predict: - it will be a dark ride - it will be a family thrill ride - it will still be Looney tunes based So what type of ride? Based on whats out there and assuming family thrills would be the formula, im going narrow my guess down to one of 3: - rollercoaster ( featuring spinning cars or other unique twists like vertical lifts, track switches etc) - motion base dark ride - white water rapids ride Assuming that by some wild stroke of luck I am on the right path my bet would be a rapids ride would win out over these 3. A motion base thrill ride would be just too expensiveif done right and Scooby already fills the indoor coaster need plus the park coaster quota is already pretty dam good as it is. A rapid ride offers a balance to the park line up while offering a much needed family thrill adventure ride. I envisage an ACME factory where guests shortly after boarding the circular rafts are lifted up into a twisting coaster-like sequence that would be a totally new design for this ride system. animatronics dont really work for rapids rides when your bouncing down whitewater and going past too quickly to properly engage in show scenes but in such a ride as this these sorts of things could be enjoyed in the sections when the pace of the ride is controlled. There is so much potential here and if anyone can do it right its the creative guys at VTP. Keep in mind I am just day dreaming about what I would like to have happen here. Call it an educated guess. I dont honestly know for a fact but sometimes some people say and suggest shit thats just ridiculous. And shit to be honest, but no offence hey? ;-)

Edited by MickeyD

Yeah, people often suggest some damn stupid stuff. Here's what I'd like to see: an immersivly themed Looney Tunes ride with a well defined story that's more thrilling than LTRR but more mild than road runner and with a height requirement of 1 meter or lower. Anything that ticks those boxes is on my wish list for that space. :)

As much as I'd love to see a Looney Tunes rapids ride (and I think it would be a big success) - would it be feasible inside a building? Are there any indoor rapids rides? Don't rapids rides need a continuous gradient? Regardless, it would certainly make sense that it continues to be a type of dark ride. The building is there and it is massive. Given the problems MW has with noise issues and residents, dark rides are a perfect fit for the park as they completely avoid these issues.

As much as I'd love to see a Looney Tunes rapids ride (and I think it would be a big success) - would it be feasible inside a building? Are there any indoor rapids rides? Don't rapids rides need a continuous gradient?

perhaps the roof height could be raised to accommodate a faster flowing ride, atleast part of it? I have an idea of an ACME splash factory thats very colourful and comically industrial. I wonder how feasible it would be to have circular rafts fitted with say a dozen or so basketball-sized steel balls that would allow them to roll through sections assisted by booster wheels, belts and just gravity? kick things off with an assent followed by a coaster type sequence, along the East side of the building followed by a rapids circuit featuring whatever show scenes the story of the ride is telling and capping it off with a second assent (vertical) leading to the finale splashdown with the rafts emerging from the top of the west side of the building, splashing down around the front (relocate the splash play area and carousel). noise wouldnt be an issue as it would face the park. Gazza I bet you could come up with a wicked idea for this! Wouldnt be cheap but I reckon a 20 mil budget could produce something pretty kick arse! Edited by MickeyD

And so where would the 20mil budget come from given all recent additions have been sub 15mil?

wild west cost about this much, granted that was a long time ago but so long as the return on investment is justifiable then worth while. Besides I am sure they could still do something like this around a budget that would fit and regardless, its always nice to speculate. Dreams are free!

perhaps the roof height could be raised to accommodate a faster flowing ride, atleast part of it? I have an idea of an ACME splash factory thats very colourful and comically industrial. I wonder how feasible it would be to have circular rafts fitted with say a dozen or so basketball-sized steel balls that would allow them to roll through sections assisted by booster wheels, belts and just gravity? kick things off with an assent followed by a coaster type sequence, along the East side of the building followed by a rapids circuit featuring whatever show scenes the story of the ride is telling and capping it off with a second assent (vertical) leading to the finale splashdown with the rafts emerging from the top of the west side of the building, splashing down around the front (relocate the splash play area and carousel). noise wouldnt be an issue as it would face the park. Gazza I bet you could come up with a wicked idea for this! Wouldnt be cheap but I reckon a 20 mil budget could produce something pretty kick arse!

Reminds me a bit of Popeye and Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges at Islands of Adventure. It's truly the best, most laugh-out-loud and most drenching rapids ride I have ever been on Edited by GoGoBoy