What will replace Looney Tunes River Ride?

WED99

I recall hearing something way back when that most European rapids rides are like that (ie calm). From memory it's either something to do with Europeans not being very good at staying in their seats or not wanting to get wet. I remember reading an explanation about it when the bat themed rapids ride opened (the one with the vertical drop) and people were commenting how tame it was, or it wasn't tame and that was a problem. I can't remember the article but somewhere in my brain is tucked the knowledge that European rapids rides are really tame.

I'm loving the idea of an indoor rapids ride MickeyD. I may be asking for too much, but just like in the original ride and in Batman: the ride 1 & 2, I'd love to see a proper pre-show with an actor/actress doing a rehearsed spiel. Things like the ride attendant making everyone "yaaay!" and "boooo", and then talking to the Looney Tunes really was something special. It got everyone excited and really immersed you into the story.

Edited by Luke

Hi, I'm reading your board a lot since some times, but had nothing to say until now. But cause you are talking about european rides, I could give you some informations maybe (I'm french, living in Belgium) :

I recall hearing something way back when that most European rapids rides are like that (ie calm). From memory it's either something to do with Europeans not being very good at staying in their seats or not wanting to get wet. I remember reading an explanation about it when the bat themed rapids ride opened (the one with the vertical drop) and people were commenting how tame it was, or it wasn't tame and that was a problem. I can't remember the article but somewhere in my brain is tucked the knowledge that European rapids rides are really tame.

About that, please remember that Europe don't have your great and always hot weather that you have on Gold Coast (France is around 25°/30° in summer, and -10°/0° in winter) which explain a lot. But you are right : european doesn't like a lot to be wet in rides. For example our POTC have a lot of warning about the water, really can't be wet... but people are still complaining. Now that's said this is just a general point and there is of course exceptions. Like Valhalla (I was more wet in this ride than in Popeye), Tidal Wave, or some in Italia... The Raft Ride with a free fall, you are talking about, I believe you are thinking about River Quest at Phantasialand (Germany), and you have to know that in fact there is no free fall part. They never managed to have it working well and safe, so this part is just down. PS : sorry about my bad english, I'm currently trying to improve it. Edited by filament

• 7 months later...

Personally, I'm sick of DC. There are so many other intellectual properties they could use for a ride.

I think everyone is.... suspect Lolman was making a bad joke.

The only thing DC themed that should be added to the park right now is a new show stage or area(to mix up the variety in the DC hub a little apart from just rides and provide a new home for the Batman stunt show, as well as a few others)... but they don't have enough space for it, unless they're willing to plonk it in the middle of the Superman helix where that temporary Ford thing is now.... but sound interference from Superman would be too much of an issue unless there is someway of resolving it

It's a stupid idea to put in another DC ride at the moment, and I think that Doomsday ride idea was the most moronic idea that I've ever heard of. Even I thought it was moronic. From recollection, the last time they put in a multimillion dollar ride that wasn't in or near(lets include Scooby here) the current DC zone was in 1998. I think it's time they focused on the western area, and the WB Kids zone. Put their next multi-million thrill ride in the western area so it has more than one main attraction.

Edit: Someone should tell Google maps it isn't 2008 anymore, their view of the park is REALLY outdated. Looks like Stunt Driver was still being rethemed at the time they took the photo, and Green Lantern still is nowhere to be seen on it.

Edited by colliric_855

Edit: Someone should tell Google maps it isn't 2008 anymore, their view of the park is REALLY outdated. Looks like Stunt Driver was still being rethemed at the time they took the photo, and Green Lantern still is nowhere to be seen on it.

By default, Google Maps on a browser shows the highest res image available.

If you use the Google Earth software you can see newer images by adjusting the time slider, but often the quality isn't as good.

And you pay how much for the use of Google Maps? There are other mapping solutions out there if you MUST have the latest imagery..