What will replace Looney Tunes River Ride?

WED99

I was thinking something like this. I just wasn't sure exactly. Hopefully we may see a replacement to Tijuana Taxis if this is the case.

I was thinking the reason the cut the whole on the corner of the wall is because they are going to link the Tijuana Taxis with the new Mini Cars ride so there will be a small outdoors section of the attraction.

That is a good point and I entirely agree with one on that one.

What do people want to see happen to the WB Kids area? Do people want new rides, upgrade, re-paint, re-placement, etc?

It needs to be restructured to offer more options to 'mid' age kids.

I have a 7 and 9 year old and at Movie World they can/will go on Road Runner, Justice League, Scooby, Wild West, Dodge'ems.

When you consider at Dreamworld they can/will go on Dodge Ems, Rapid River, Flume, MDMC, Shockwave, Madagascar, Panda, Reef Diver (when it was there), Vintage Cars, Gingerbread Flyer and whatever the one with the circle of swing seats is called it is a much better day for them there.

I know to the aficionado the DW rides may not stand up quality wise but I reckon every family with kids aged under 12 would feel they had better value for money at Dreamworld.

I would think that should be a major concern for MW.

I don't want to see Tijuana Taxies go! It is the last original ride. It's good to see kids still enjoying it today. I rode it (very badly) once as a kid. On a later visit in the 90's I actually drove very well (with a broken arm !

I don't think "Mini Kids Driving School" is a great idea though. Besides Tijuana Taxies there also are kids dodgems.

Tweety's Carousel was fenced off but I think it is just for maintenance. The Road Runner Rollercoaster viewing area was roped off. I'm sure this will be the entry to the new attraction like it was for LTRR.

Put me in the camp that says get rid of Speedy's. Replace it with some nice landscaping and some benches. Speedy's would be a poor attraction for one of those highway tourist traps, and it's an embarrassment for a proper theme park.

My one hope for mini Movieworld Drive school is that the Looney Tunes are featured heavily, after all it is their part of the park.

If the driving school ride comes in I also agree time for Speedys to go. There's a fair bit of land there up the middle of the land, maybe a new signature outdoor ride could be next. Maybe something that kids and parents can ride. Like one of those little parachute drops or something.

I was thinking the reason the cut the whole on the corner of the wall is because they are going to link the Tijuana Taxis with the new Mini Cars ride so there will be a small outdoors section of the attraction.

My guess is they probably need the hole for access to the building (although it could be the 'new' entrance). I don't think it will be used to link the two attraction areas together - for starters - you block the path that leads further back, but also, you kill one of the vehicle access points to the park. Large vehicles like parade floats can only really enter the park in two spots1 - next to intencity and next to LTRR.

1(Yes, i'm aware of the vehicle access gates next to West, Arkham, JL3d, and the western perspective facade, but I don't think you could get the floats through any of them, and for most of them, even if you did you wouldn't get them to main street from that point because of the clutter [or rides] in the way)

It needs to be restructured to offer more options to 'mid' age kids.

I have a 7 and 9 year old and at Movie World they can/will go on Road Runner, Justice League, Scooby, Wild West, Dodge'ems.

When you consider at Dreamworld they can/will go on Dodge Ems, Rapid River, Flume, MDMC, Shockwave, Madagascar, Panda, Reef Diver (when it was there), Vintage Cars, Gingerbread Flyer and whatever the one with the circle of swing seats is called it is a much better day for them there.

I know to the aficionado the DW rides may not stand up quality wise but I reckon every family with kids aged under 12 would feel they had better value for money at Dreamworld.

I would think that should be a major concern for MW.

I agree with this, having kids a similar age.

However, I don't really hold any sentimental value for Speedy as I was already a little old for it when it opened, and my daughter did it once or twice when she was around 3 or 4, and never asked to try it again. At 2, my younger daughter isn't quite old enough, so the window of enjoyment for that ride is fairly small IMO. Even some really basic rides with a smaller footprint could appeal to a wider audience - again, my older daughter (and husband) are quite keen on the one in the kids area at Sea World where you pull up to the top of the tower with the rope, then drop back down (forgot what this one is called) - very basic ride, but a bit more entertaining to a wider audience.

^ me too! I'm beginning to imagine this as the 1st step in a major makeover of the area. Could we oneday see the Roadrunner roller coaster on the chopping block and something much bigger/more ambitious taking it's place, together with the far space of the old LTRR building ? Hmmm..

That would be good if they made roadrunner roller coaster longer to extend into the building. However, the new ride there are building might actually be something that goes around on a track and takes you through a story. MAYBE. so it may take up the building. If it does, it better be good and be a family ride.

It is going to be a Mini Driving School, it has been announced months ago!

I don't know if this means anything but there is this guy on instagram who claims to work at movie world (www.instagram.com/lukeybaby_90) who claims he knows that they are building mini cars. Its probably nothing but hey it could be true. Doubt it tho

I don't know if this means anything but there is this guy on instagram who claims to work at movie world (www.instagram.com/lukeybaby_90) who claims he knows that they are building mini cars. Its probably nothing but hey it could be true. Doubt it tho

Umm I don't claim to work there and I only know why the ride is going to be the Mini Driving School is because Movieworld announced it months ago. I do know people who work here as well, who have also confirmed it

guys i've got to be honest with you - I've only been inside the kids area of movieworld ONCE in my life. And that was to ride the road runner. Didn't even see tijuna taxies. Can someone please explain it to me? is it just one of those things like you get at cheap fun-fairs where you drive around in circles but more themed?

• 3 weeks later...

I don't want to see Tijuana Taxies go! It is the last original ride. It's good to see kids still enjoying it today. I rode it (very badly) once as a kid. On a later visit in the 90's I actually drove very well (with a broken arm !

I don't think "Mini Kids Driving School" is a great idea though. Besides Tijuana Taxies there also are kids dodgems.

Tweety's Carousel was fenced off but I think it is just for maintenance. The Road Runner Rollercoaster viewing area was roped off. I'm sure this will be the entry to the new attraction like it was for LTRR.

well i for one agree. Gold Coast parks need to restore and look after original rides and attractions. kids still enjoys them so i say keep em.