Six Flags selling parks!

coasterfreak

I was reading info about the World of Adventure purchase and apparantley the park gets an average of 1.5 million visitors each year and $16 million in profit. The park has 10 roller coasters, lots of other attractions, a water park and 'several' childrens areas. Therefore their running costs would be very high yet they still make a good profit. The majority of our Aussie theme parks get similar visitation levels... so why don't our parks also have 10 coasters each and several childrens areas??? We have nothing of that sort. It doesn't make sense to me. Dreamworld gets close to 1.5 mill guests each year. Can someone explain this?

Yes, don't forget that Worlds of Adventure only has around a six month operating period whereas our parks operate year-round. That effectively halfs the operating costs. SFWoA is underperforming, that's why they only have 1.5 million guests per year, which is up on a few years ago. Six Flags underestimated the effect that Cedar Point has on the area and tried to go all out installing many very nice and shiny rides, proving that rides don't mean everything (Six Flags as a whole proves this point as well). They were expecting to gain market share - essentially take Cedar Point guests away from Cedar Point - but this didn't succeed. My point is that SFWoA's collection of 10 roller coasters and other attractions isn't normal. It is the result of huge expenditure which is abnormal for a park of its size in the Six Flags chain, and ultimately proved unsuccessful. Six Flags cut their losses and are doing what's in the best interest of the shareholders by selling it.

Actoaly from what I heer the real reeson for teh sale of the park is oa thay can undertak a major internation investment. It looks like the sic flags has decided to capitolise the whole in the market that will soon be created when Wodnerland Sydniy closes next month. The chain plans to open a new park in the Sidney area within the next 18 to 24 months with a host of brrand new atracctions. We will be getin 3 new B&Ms as well as a big Woodie and someting from Intamin. I cant wait its like my dreams have come true!! Yours Trueley shifty mc shift.