Sea World Vikings Revenge ride shorter.

Gary86

I noticed the Vikings Revenge is now a much shorter ride. It goes from the station and straight to the lift hill. Hopefully this is just while the new ride is getting built.

Yeah I actually think that's a bit disappointing. I remember as a kid I used to enjoy the relaxing meander as you flowed along the channel past the lake etc.

I'll admit when I first saw the pictures I was disappointed too. Seeing it action it's not that bad, and it at least takes the course quite slowly. The only I issue I have with it is the concrete trough looks a bit bleak. Hopefully it'll get some attention when it goes down to allow for more construction.

Yeah - at the very least it needs a paint job. Pretty sure it will just be a temporary measure for now. And speaking of the castle - I was looking at an old ad for Sea World (to try and spot one of the flyovers) and the castle actually used to be completely hollow and open in the middle. It looked like some sort of small adventure playground with a ball pit for kids

This ride is so old it needs a makeover. How about some animatronic vikings? I used to like it going into the old Bermuda Triangle volcano so a new tunnel would be nice. Also a another short drop insted of that one big drop at the end. I don't mind the concrete it's better than that plastic tube. Hopefully they expand it in the future because currently it is the worst log flume ride on the Gold Coast.

Yeah - at the very least it needs a paint job. Pretty sure it will just be a temporary measure for now. And speaking of the castle - I was looking at an old ad for Sea World (to try and spot one of the flyovers) and the castle actually used to be completely hollow and open in the middle. It looked like some sort of small adventure playground with a ball pit for kids

The only thing I remember about my first trip to Sea World was that ball pit. I'm glad someone else remembers it, most people don't! (or maybe I'm a bit old). I'd possibly have a photo of it, if I went digging. Back to the original topic, I thought the new start to the flume ride looked kind of a temporary fix to get the ride up and running again. A coat of paint and some theming and it'll be fine. I was at SW a couple of days ago, and it was of one the biggest line-ups I've seen for the ride for ages.