Forgotten Dreamworld

joz

Yeah agree RWC!! The Dreamworld cinema is absolutely ripe for 4D conversion!! This would be a great asset to Dreamworlds current ride line up. The current building could be utilized for this , making this area of the park once again a destination and it would also be useful as a crowd soaker, something sorely missing from DW since the closure of the original IMAX and now the paddle steamer. Couple this with a new mine themed semi dark coaster( a MS spinner or even a Gerslauter one perhaps as Joz suggested) would invigorate the Goldrush area quite nicely!! Make it happen Dreamworld!!

That's a first....

Not at all.This is not the first time I have agreed with a comment coming from RWC,it is however, a rarity. It does prove though, that I value balanced ,well thought out and logical posts that stem from the realms of reality and truthfulness. If RWC could stick to this formula more often, he would not recieve the flak he does nor would he have the reputation he currently has. RWC CAN make some great points and can offer up som great insights into whatever topic at hand. I do not have a vendetta against him in the slightest nor do I wish to pursue one, but if utter crap is presented from anyone, then like most on this board, I will certainly question it!! I do not think that is unreasonable.... ;) Now back to topic on hand........Joz do you feel that the entire mountain structure for Eureka must be removed or do you think that it could be recycled or reused in some way. I am only asking because you mentioned its flammability as an issue....has this been highlighted before?

I say no to dark ride and yes to coaster. Maybe some veeeery basic indoor parts ala log ride and rapids but that's it. Dreamworld will not maintain a dark ride and you won't get much of one with their budgets anyway. Better to keep its crown of the ride park and leave themed experiences to MW

I say no to dark ride and yes to coaster. Maybe some veeeery basic indoor parts ala log ride and rapids but that's it. Dreamworld will not maintain a dark ride and you won't get much of one with their budgets anyway. Better to keep its crown of the ride park and leave themed experiences to MW

Ok. But to be fair to Dreamworld, they did maintain Eureka for over 20 years. Whilst I certainly do not put it in the same calibre as Scooby or Bermuda, it certainly qualified as a decent dark ride attraction, which is certainly exemplified by the lamentation at its loss. I think Dreamworld COULD do a decent dark ride if the will was there but I certainly can see where you are coming from when you say "the more basic the better", especially in the way they have maintained some of the theming in their attractions over the recent years. Lets hope Dreamworld can surprise us in the future.

Jobe, if they were to reuse the mountain I believe (from what I've been heard before) that the frame would be the only reusable part of it, the rest needs to change.

Ah..ok thanks for that Reanimated. I was interested to know the extent that the mountain could be re-used. Obviously a new attraction in this position would be completely different and the entire mountain structure would have to be changed but its interesting to know what COULD be re-used and why it couldnt. Cheers.

Djrappa's on the money there. I'd love to see a compact spinner or a compact eurofighter take that space along with the space that the skylink/rapids water collection area has. I can imagine some of those vertical turns from the spinner going great in around those pathways. And as for the cinema, my suggestion would be for Digital IMAX to make an appearance. Considering that screen is now one of the smallest IMAX GT screens around, it would (at a guess) with minimal modification be upgraded back to IMAX, and by using IDF will mean their overheads for running the cinema will be greatly reduced while offering the park the flexibility to choose from a crapload of films and documentaries.

How does the cost of that compare to just chucking up a shed and putting the ride in it, and actually having a decent amount of space? It's a foamer idea, especially considering the Imax has an area about 1/3 of the justice league building. Would you say to put a dark ride in the Roxy, I mean that has a flat floor right?

Edited by Gazza