Movie World FaceBook page 'coaster of the week'

downunder196

I know they have been doing this for a while now, but most of the coasters that they have shared aren't the biggest and best out there. Does anyone think they are doing this as a kind of market research to see what type of coaster grabs the public's attention? Could possibly become the next big thing on the Gold Coast. Warner Bros. Movie World FaceBook Page

I think they're just trying to get people to interact with their page, nothing more really. I think a question worth asking is: "is advertising your product by highlighting how awesome other products are a good strategy for success?" Personally I reckon it's ineffective and lazy at best.

Edited by joz

I don't think it's "unprofessional". I think they're just trying to involve the community on facebook which is something they pretty much never touched a year or two back. Good on them for trying something. Plus if they did just focus on their park, they'd run out of stuff to show off within a few weeks. I say good on them for trying something different.

Simple things like what Dreamworld does would be much better, eg. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151195252748613&set=a.127090438612.105255.30639128612&type=1&theater or http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151216920018613&set=a.127090438612.105255.30639128612&type=1&theater I don't mean the occasional iPhone Instagram photo by the way...

What I'm wondering is how they manage to get at least one fact or statistic wrong in each post, wether it's saying 100mph instead of 100kph or getting the name of the park wrong. If they made the effort to actually make decent posts I'd think it's a cool segment. Also I seriously doubt it's market research. The general public like anything large and fast with inversions, it's as simple as that.

Edited by alex_1

What I'm wondering is how they manage to get at least one fact or statistic wrong in each post, wether it's saying 100mph instead of 100kph or getting the name of the park wrong. If they made the effort to actually make decent posts I'd think it's a cool segment. Also I seriously doubt it's market research. The general public like anything large and fast with inversions, it's as simple as that.

100mp/h doesn't equal 100kp/h. 62mp/h=100kp/h, or as i remember it- 88mp/h=160kp/h or the speed of time travel.

100mp/h doesn't equal 100kp/h. 62mp/h=100kp/h, or as i remember it- 88mp/h=160kp/h or the speed of time travel.

What I mean is they have used the wrong unit of measurement in the statistics. Specifically, on their Lex Luthor Drop of Doom post (Ill ignore the fact that its not even a coaster) they said "freefalling at 80kph" when in reality it drops at 80mph and therefore 130kph. They changed the description after a ton of people corrected them. Edited by alex_1

I'm a Cedar Point season pass holder, and once I was in line for Top Thrill Dragster, and this idiotic member of the "GP" said it was 1000ft tall and went 200mph, god I got so angry so I went up and showed my ACE membership and corrected him on the spot. I reckon I really showed him, he won't be making that mistake again!

Edited by Gazza