Wet n wild priorities?

Keegs

Yeah, if you want to go on White Water Mouhtain (the body slides) get there before opening as they attract HUGE lies all day. Then check out constrictor while youre there, then blackhole and Kamakaze. Then repeat till busy. Save Mammoth, Super 8, Calypso Beach, wave pool sidewinders and maybe even Tornado for later as their queues move quickly. As a last tip, if you go on the sidewinderss in Extreme H20 zone, queue up at the bottom of the far slide, as it always has a shorter queue. Hope that helps :

Edited by joz
Translated original post to English

Joz pretty much has posted the perfect stratergy. It's critical you do the green Whitewater Mountain slides first, and Constrictor 2nd. Constrictor doesn't have that high capacity either. Aqualoop you can leave later in the day, the line always moves quite fast. You can also get a fast trak pass for $20, and skip lines on 5 rides.

I actually not long went to WnW and I would suggest a different strategy... rides that were slow moving like WWM and Constrictor got REALLY busy REALLY quick, and we got in just as the park was opening, headed to Constrictor first, the line was already huge and it took as 90minutes to get on, WWM was out of the queue house and down the mountain side. I found do the high capacity rides first with the park crowded and as the afternoon goes on and people start to leave for the day the lines get shorter and then do the low capacity rides... that is if when you get in the lines are already full! But hey, everyone has their own opinion on how to get the rides done. Next I want to touch on Fast Track as that thing was rubbing A LOT and when I say a lot I mean whole queues of people accepting the park was busy and having a good time, saying "Wow this line moves slow" to then realising people were paying to skip lines and becoming really angry, many comments I heard "This is ridiculous!" and "its not fair, we don't have that kind of money, why should the well off get to skip?" and "I'm doing the right thing, why can't they?". Doesn't look good for the park, upsets a lot of customers and creates this line in the park for people who can afford and those who can't, which parks shouldn't be about. But that isn't for this topic but I want to touch on it again when I have more time.

Also, fast track, BOO!!

Well this is the first time i've heard of Fast Track, how strange there's no mention of it on their website until you hit the ticketing page. So $20 to get on any 5 rides? And how does that work? Do you just walk in through the exit? Edited by Slick

Something that's always nagged on me at WnW is that the 'loader' usually admits the next rider raft guest when the previous rider has exited the splashdown chute. This works well for WWM because it's a fair spacing and a big pool for people to move around in, but for rides like constrictor that have a long run-out chute, it takes time for the raft to gently float it's way down to the unloader. It also takes time for people to get out of those rafts and it isn't always the most graceful exit. If the loader is holding the next raft until that person clears, it's adding time unnecessarily - imagine instead of the moment the raft cleared the tube, and hit the run-out, the loader gives the green light... by the time the first raft is lifted out of the chute, the second one has landed. For those who want to cite a safety issue - the rafts hit resistance the moment they land in the splashdown, they are slowed immediately, and i've not seen one raft get more than 2 or 3 metres from the tube at speed. If the unloader is having issues with people who are slow to get out or need assistance, the next raft is going to gently float its way closer. At worst - it'd be a bouncebump when they finally meet, but no injury or issue could forseeably come from it. I'd like to see an efficiency expert come through wet n wild and actually calculate the safe distances between loads on those slides. Hell - if you look back at the old footage from cade's or from sea world, multiple riders were doing down at ones, some in a conga line!

Something that's always nagged on me at WnW is that the 'loader' usually admits the next rider raft guest when the previous rider has exited the splashdown chute. This works well for WWM because it's a fair spacing and a big pool for people to move around in, but for rides like constrictor that have a long run-out chute, it takes time for the raft to gently float it's way down to the unloader. It also takes time for people to get out of those rafts and it isn't always the most graceful exit. If the loader is holding the next raft until that person clears, it's adding time unnecessarily - imagine instead of the moment the raft cleared the tube, and hit the run-out, the loader gives the green light... by the time the first raft is lifted out of the chute, the second one has landed. For those who want to cite a safety issue - the rafts hit resistance the moment they land in the splashdown, they are slowed immediately, and i've not seen one raft get more than 2 or 3 metres from the tube at speed. If the unloader is having issues with people who are slow to get out or need assistance, the next raft is going to gently float its way closer. At worst - it'd be a bouncebump when they finally meet, but no injury or issue could forseeably come from it. I'd like to see an efficiency expert come through wet n wild and actually calculate the safe distances between loads on those slides. Hell - if you look back at the old footage from cade's or from sea world, multiple riders were doing down at ones, some in a conga line!

I've always thought this too, particularly with raft slides. Surely there'd be a safe buffer area that regardless of weight would be safe thereafter to allow another raft down?

Yep, totally agree. If there were issues with the people getting out of the first raft, couldn't the attendant step into the water and create a barrier between the first raft and the second and at that time also assist the people who are having the trouble? I remember many years ago that WnW used to let you ride down the water slides in with a partner on a mat. Ahh the good old days before OH&S.

Well that plan pretty much went out the window. Headed for constrictor first, had some delays and by the time I was done there the lines had formed everywhere else. Pretty much went around to random attractions, managed to get in everything except the black hole. Left the WWM until just before the park closed, line was short but slow.

• 4 weeks later...

I can actually refine earlier advice further...Do the open air River Rapids slides first, then the enclosed ones. The open ones seem more popular. Basically, just get in early, ride the River Rapids slides first, but keep an eye on the Constrictor queue the whole time, then move across to Constrictor when it gets a line more than one row long.

Really? When I did the Rapids, the enclosed line moved at about half the speed of the open one. Also, people were being let into the park before any slides were open and a crowd quickly formed in front of Constrictor. As soon as it opened people started pouring in, so I was lucky enough to be one of the first in a line that filled very quickly. I might head back in a few months, hopefully during a time when NSW have school holidays and QLD don't.

^Yeah that. ...all 4 gates are opened at the same time on the slides by the operator so that means all lines move at the same speed (around 1 rider every 60 secs down each slide) What I noticed though early on was say 3 people queing for enclosed and 10 for the open ones, and this multiplied very quickly.

Edited by Gazza

• 4 weeks later...

I went to W&W yesterday morning for the first time in many years and there was not many people there. I went on all the slides by midday so I decided to spend the rest of my day over at Dreamworld. The only bad thing about W&W is some of the rafts are quite heavy and you need to carry them up all those stairs...