things you remember and miss from the gold coast theme parks

JeffreyMoore

hi guys just whould like to here what you guys and girls remember about the parks as kids that are now gone and that you miss most the things i miss most are 1 - the australian country jamboree -dreamworld 1982-2001 2 - waner brothers classics & the great gremlins adventure - movie world 1991-2001 3 young einstein's gravity homestead - movie world 1991-2000 4 batman adventure the ride 1 - movie world 1992-2001 5 looney tunes river ride movie world -1991-2011 lots of other things also but just some of the things i remember and miss so much

hi guys just whould like to here what you guys and girls remember about the parks as kids that are now gone and that you miss most the things i miss most are 1 - the australian country jamboree -dreamworld 1982-2001 2 - waner brothers classics & the great gremlins adventure - movie world 1991-2001 3 young einstein's gravity homestead - movie world 1991-2000 4 batman adventure the ride 1 - movie world 1992-2001 5 looney tunes river ride movie world -1991-2011 lots of other things also but just some of the things i remember and miss so much

also really miss HANNA BARBERA LAND at australia's wonderland even tho it was in nsw

- Looney Tunes River Ride - Batman Adventure The Ride #1 - Bermuda (when everything was working as it should) While they were relatively crap, I think both Grundy's in Surfers Paradise, and Tops in the Myer Centre (particularly the latter) are kind of missed. I'm not really their target audience anymore, but I would have taken my kids there.

- Looney Tunes River Ride - Batman Adventure The Ride #1 - Bermuda (when everything was working as it should) While they were relatively crap, I think both Grundy's in Surfers Paradise, and Tops in the Myer Centre (particularly the latter) are kind of missed. I'm not really their target audience anymore, but I would have taken my kids there.

yes i also miss TOPS myer center very much also had some very good times there as a kid it seems our kids will never get rides as good as what we had as kids witch is a real shame Edited by JeffreyMoore

We would buy lunch maybe half of our visits, and get popcorn/frozen coke refills nearly every visit. We do bring in snacks for the kids, and typically water as well. We've obviously had lunchboxes with us, and no one has ever said anything. I kind of figured they're lenient with people with small kids.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys I'm new to this We have a pre school and I have a very clever man who is going to create something like the ball run (I think they were golf balls) that used to be at Grundys at surfers paradise.Does anyone have any photos that may help with the concept and construction of something similar. Many thanks Johnson

I miss... Sea World Bermuda Triangle Pirate Ship Thrillseeker Dreamworld Avalanche / Angry Beavers Spooty Spin Avis Vintage Cars (in the old location) Captain Sturt Paddle Wheeler / Bushrangers Eureka Mountain Mine Ride Outback Celebration / Country Jamboree Stingray Thunderbolt Movie World Batman Adventure - The Ride / Batman Adventure - The Ride 2 Looney Tunes River Ride Movie Magic Special Effects Show Police Academy Stunt Show Western Action Show / The Maverick Grand Illusion Show Warner Bros. Classics & Great Gremlins Adventure Young Einstein Gravity Homestead

Edited by Gary86

Ermagherd, there's a topic about things we miss, let me just list everything that has ever been removed from the parks. NO. I do not miss the Stingray. I do not miss Batman the Ride 2. Just because something is gone, we don't have to miss it, yet some people feel the need to list most things that are no longer there. For what? To point out how our parks are 'Not what they used to be... so sad... let me repeat this in every topic'. Let me ask you, Gary... What do you miss about Stingray? Or did you just list it because you want to have something to pick at for another removal of a ride. I understand complaining/reminising about the removal of a substantial ride, but did you ride it every time you went to Dreamworld? I doubt no, but if you did, then I sincerely apologize. Sorry if I come on too harshly. Just it's really annoying me how some people pick at everything and say they miss everything. Guess I'll be blocked by a few soon.

Not sure how many people remember, but as a kid I loved the old marvin rocket ride next to where the river ride exit once stood. They built a facade around it to cover it up after it collapsed, last time I checked some of the ride remains still lay there. I wonder if that space could be utilised in a better way

• 3 months later...