More Gryo Swing Rumours

joz

I love the humor on that site JOZ As for Dreamworlds next project it will most likely be the Gryo Swing, Why do you say simple. Nick land whick came to Dreamworld is also at Paramounts parks in the USA. Boomerang Bay which is the New thing For the Paramount Parks in the USA and has Aussie (Gold Coast) names for some of the rides. And finally PKI in OHIO has a Gryo Swing so it would make sense that we got one. If Dreamworld Doesnt have a relationship with Paramount then Im a flying pig. P.S Thunderbolt has all gone now except loops photos soon.

Don't forget Tomb Raider! To be totally honest, I don't think the relationship is as close as we'd like to think. I really think it is a case of Dreamworld, while researching for Nick Central had a look at what else the Paramount parks had on offer (in terms of movie attractions, thrill rides and whatnot). Through this, perhaps Paramount had a look at Dreamworld and the Gold Coast and based Boomerang Bay on what they saw (which has some of the most hideous names I've ever seen, by the way). There's relationship there, but we're certainly not talking to the extent of any part ownership etc., it'd just be meetings and discussions back while Nick Central was being developed which lead to mutual benefits for both parties. Sorry, did I miss something with that ARN&R article? I normally think they're quite funny, but that one just lacked it in many ways. As warm and fuzzy it makes me to see Dreamworld or Australia mentioned on that site, that one was well, unfunny. Did I miss some joke somewhere about Gyro Swings being made of lamb? I get the usual ACE dig, but the whole thing is too bizarre to be considered good satire.

I found it to be true, but very stale humour. Speaking of which i have now got my photos and vids and will be uploading a couple soon.... Personally though, i thought Intamin and Dreamworld had a close bond, because if you look at it from my angle (huh?) they have built a river rapids ride, an lsm coaster, and two freefall rides all for Dreamworld and now they are getting an Intamin Gyro Swing! Well i won't be able to go tomorrow but next weekend i'll be able to ask a couple of park administrators that I know.......

It all makes sense now, Zamperla. Gyros, as you've suggested is a Greek food, containing sliced lamb. Still, it's a bit of an "ehh" article to me. As funny as it is, has the whole fat ACEr thing just been done to death? Slick, I'm a tad confused. You mentioned that Intamin have built two freefall rides for Dreamworld? Last I checked they've got one - Giant Drop. Am I missing something?

It all makes sense now, Zamperla. Gyros, as you've suggested is a Greek food, containing sliced lamb. Still, it's a bit of an "ehh" article to me. As funny as it is, has the whole fat ACEr thing just been done to death?   Slick, I'm a tad confused. You mentioned that Intamin have built two freefall rides for Dreamworld? Last I checked they've got one - Giant Drop. Am I missing something?
He most prob means the TOT & gaint drop , thats wat i can work out.

I also agree that the DW article on that site is not particularly funny at all and found it kind of annoying actually. However, as someone else said, the article below it is hysterical. It's the one about Six Flags getting involved in seafood distribution to complement their exisiting theme park business and thereby adding extra revenue streams. Read it if you haven't. Very funny. By the way, where did the site gets its info about the Gyro Swing from? And do you think they really spoke to any officials at DW?

What I meant was that technically the GD is counted as two freefall rides due to the brakes at the top of the tower on the east side. Oh, that's right, and update, i'll post some photos in let's say, 5 minutes? I have to duck up the road to get my order of chips from the fish and chips shop, hey, did i mention i'm at work?

It's one ride, which at one stage had two different experiences on offer. I'd hardly call it two different rides, especially when we're counting the rides that Dreamworld have purchased from Intamin. Dreamworld handed over $12 million and Intamin strapped some rails to the sides of the tower, it wasn't done as two separate projects or anything.

Actually, unfortunately people do not get to choose what side they go on..... Because of the sheer size of the GD, to keep things effieciently working, both the east and west side of the GD operate differently when it comes to when people are loaded and unloaded. So in reality you do not get a choice of whether or not you get the east or west side. What i wouldn't mind in future though is to have both of them launching at the same time. But for them to hit the brakes at the same time, that would require the removal of the braking system on the east end.

well everyone i have some news!!!!, this is just an update to my previous thread. i was at dreamworld today, minding my own bussiness, watching the thunderbolt be palced in to trucks. (i was watching from the cyclone exit). when bob the head of engineering walked past and went to see some workers. 10 mins later he came back and walked up to me and said , are u here to ride or to watch? i said i was here to watch, he asked me if id been on the thunderbolt i said yes many times, and he just had a general chat about it being a sad moment. after that i turned and said to him, so when are we getting the intamin gyro swing, and he smiled at me and said you seem to know more about the park than me, he then replied and said im bob and he shook my hand and asked my name? then he said we have purchased the gyro swing from intamin and it will be in operation Guess when ppl????you dont have to wait till boxing day, ill tell u in the next post!! no how about now, it will be in operation in SEPTEMBER!!!!!! and for all you ppl that didnt believe me when i told u its location i asked the man myself and he said it will be placed near the roundabout opposite the wipeout, for maximum exposure when u turn from the main entrance!! so dont tell me its to small of an area cause he told me thats where its going! see yuo all soon! im glad i keep giving u all the hot goss!!!!ill take credit for it!! i was the first to post about the new ride and its location, now im just confirming for u, ill keep u posted!

If you're not going to use capitals and full stops where appropriate, the least you could do is press enter every now and again to help people try and dissect it. As for taking credit... I seem to recall you saying it was being placed right on the roundabout. Not next to it, not in the general area, but right smack on top of the 3m wide roundabout. When we said that was highly unlikely given the size of the thing, you came back saying we were wrong and on top of the roundabout was exactly where it was going. Cross that one off the list. You came to us saying that Dreamworld were getting a Huss Delerium. How is a Huss Delirium at all an Intamin Gyro Swing? Wrong model and wrong manufacturer. Cross that one off the list also. If we want to get picky, I mentioned the new thrill ride in August. Perhaps I used a bit more discretion than you, but you were hardly "the first to post about the new ride". I don't get caught up in bragging rights or "I said it first so there" garbage, but if that's your thing, at least make sure you're right about it.

I've always had a go when there's a post that's really pushing the limits of the English language. I'm not going to come jumping back at people if they spell a word or two wrong here or there. Furthermore, it was a simple note. My post was actually related to the topic at hand. How many times have you posted a reply including nothing but a correction or two, with nothing to do with the actual topic?