New Kids Ride for Movie World

joz

So it has been confirmed in the latest release to the ASX that a new 'Mini Movie World Children's Car Ride" would open at Movie World by September 2013. It is expected to take up a fair slice of the Tunes building. Personally I think it's great to see another kid friendly ride go into Movie World, as the park still needs it, even if it won't cause many (on this site at least) to change their travel plans.

Well I'm devastated to hear that there won't be a dark ride replacement for the Looney Tunes River Ride. There aren't many dark boat rides in the world and this one was particularly unique. There is no doubt the park needs a new kids attraction though so this does make sense really. I just don't like the way they refer to it as 'a mini kids' car ride'. Sounds like it will be ONLY for kids, whereas the river ride was a family attraction that everyone could enjoy. Any idea what type of car ride this will be? Any precedents?

Edited by GoGoBoy

Well I'm devastated to hear that there won't be a dark ride replacement for the Looney Tunes River Ride. There aren't many dark boat rides in the world and this one was particularly unique. There is no doubt the park needs a new kids attraction though so this does make sense really. I just don't like the way they refer to it as 'a mini kids' car ride'. Sounds like it will be ONLY for kids, whereas the river ride was a family attraction that everyone could enjoy. Any idea what type of car ride this will be? Any precedents?

I have to agree here. It's great that there is a new ride aimed at the kiddie demographic and god knows the Movieworld area could do with some rejuvenation. However I cannot help thinking that it could be a wasted opportunity if it does indeed occupy the LTRR building space. Hopefully it is indeed a retool of Tijuana taxis.

Till they announce where it is located, I'm not going to go along the lines of it being a new ride next to a similar type of ride that's been there since the park opened.

That's ok. Going on past history,that's what most people do with any unconfirmed info that you happen to offer up or post as being true anyhow.

Sounds to me like Tijuana Taxis is going to be refurbished/rethemed or replaced.... Till they announce where it is located, I'm not going to go along the lines of it being a new ride next to a similar type of ride that's been there since the park opened.

A replacement/retheme/refurbishment of Tijuana Taxis would be a minor blip on the park's operating budget, not the kind of significant capital expenditure that warrants a mention in an ASX report.

A replacement/retheme/refurbishment of Tijuana Taxis would be a minor blip on the park's operating budget, not the kind of significant capital expenditure that warrants a mention in an ASX report.

Absolutely true. And given that,my and others initial disappointment at this announcement may be replaced by approval. The scope of the new ride or exactly what it is has not yet been revealed if I am not mistaken? We may be extremely surprised.

2 things which came to mind when reading this. A) Dark ride, possibly Looney toons themed, similar to Big Red Car ride at Dreamworld. B) Something similar to the Autopia, Dw Vintage Cars, or the many others of this type of ride out there in the world, but indoors and themed? I agree with Richard, a refurb on Tijuana Taxis wouldn't be mentioned in the report. I guess time will tell, but there is still hope that this will be decent.

Sounds to me like Tijuana Taxis is going to be refurbished/rethemed or replaced.... Till they announce where it is located, I'm not going to go along the lines of it being a new ride next to a similar type of ride that's been there since the park opened. More likely a refurbishment/retheme/replacement.

Speedy's Taxi's was only revamped a year ago... so I doubt it will be going. It's still one of the most popular rides in the WBK precinct. Not to mention the ride is actually running halfway reliably now... I'd suggest it could be possible that this could be replacing the Yosemite Sam Railroad as that ride has been closed until further notice...

Speedy's Taxi's was only revamped a year ago... so I doubt it will be going. It's still one of the most popular rides in the WBK precinct. Not to mention the ride is actually running halfway reliably now... I'd suggest it could be possible that this could be replacing the Yosemite Sam Railroad as that ride has been closed until further notice...

But that really does not fit with Richards comments above. This new ride is a significant enough project to be forecast in the ASX report. He already shot down that the postulation that this could replace Tijuana Taxis. I fail to see how a replacement for the Yosimite Sam Railroad would be any different.

But that really does not fit with Richards comments above. This new ride is a significant enough project to be forecast in the ASX report. He already shot down that the postulation that this could replace Tijuana Taxis. I fail to see how a replacement for the Yosimite Sam Railroad would be any different.

It could be a new ride, a new kids ride is big enough to warrant something being in the ASX. The plot of land for Sam Train is actually quite large, in fact as far as length goes it's nearly as long as RoadRunner's plot of land vertically. A larger scale version of a Zamperla Demolition Derby could fit quite well in that space to replace the ride. It would also fit in with the theming of a "Car ride" As this ride would probably cost around the million mark, it is significicant enough to warrant being mentioned (along with any new attractions big or small)

• 3 weeks later...

The train ride has reopened so this means its isn't getting knocked down it was getting a coat of paint!

So it has been confirmed in the latest release to the ASX that a new 'Mini Movie World Children's Car Ride" would open at Movie World by September 2013. It is expected to take up a fair slice of the Tunes building.

One question but what the heck is ASX?

The train ride has reopened so this means its isn't getting knocked down it was getting a coat of paint! One question but what the heck is ASX?

It would not have been for just a paint job I can promise you that... the ride got a full cosmetic overhaul just one year ago including a paintjob...There must have been another reason for it, If it was a paintjob they would have a rough idea how long it would take and would give a timeframe not "Until further notice" that generally means that they have no idea how long it will take and is unexpected... Unless your Dreamworld who just never say how long it's going to be closed for now.

It would not have been for just a paint job I can promise you that... the ride got a full cosmetic overhaul just one year ago including a paintjob...There must have been another reason for it, If it was a paintjob they would have a rough idea how long it would take and would give a timeframe not "Until further notice" that generally means that they have no idea how long it will take and is unexpected... Unless your Dreamworld who just never say how long it's going to be closed for now.

they were doing a bit on the roof and on the track

Guys can you mind not doing this whole witch hunt thing when you suspect someone of rejoining. Plenty of times you have been wrong and you just look like an ass when you are, and just make the new member feel unwelcome in the process. (Remember when people were saying Wyncerous was Spencer) Please, in these situations us mods are more than capable of handling the task. We aren't stupid, and can spot a duplicate account by the time it actually becomes damaging.

Edited by Gazza